Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:22 am

Author Topic: For Sale Come Spring  (Read 7899 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
For Sale Come Spring
« on: 22 January 2019, 07:28:33 pm »
This is out there in case you are looking for a nice FZS 600 Fazer Foxeye later in the spring.

Not now, but in April when the Fazer needs a new MOT it will be up for sale.
I am leaving it until then as it will command a higher price come spring. The Fazer FZS600 is in hibernation right now and it was given a good service before going to sleep for the winter.

It included:
Oil and filter change, Shell 4T Semi Synthetic. Plugs cleaned (Did not really need doing, as only done about 2,000 miles since being replaced) Air filter changed, Fuel stabiliser added to petrol tank, Chain Cleaned & Lubed.

THE BIKE

Silver 2003 Registered. 37,754 Miles, MOT’ed until 23rd April 2019. Will come with a new MOT.

Battlax Tyres, T30F Front covered 300 miles, BT201R Rear 1400 miles.
**  New Rear Shocker Nitron R1, 400-500 miles
**  New Front Fork Cartridge Emulators (YYS) and new Ohlins Linear Springs, 400-500 miles
Front Fender Extender Carbon Look.
Twin LED Spot Lamps
LED Side Lights
Ultra Bright Hint of Blue Head Light Bulbs
LED Indicators
Blue Braided Stainless Steel Brake lines front and rear. (Cobra)
Clear Flip Type Screen.
Blue Screen Screws
Stainless Steel Down Pipes
PipeWerks Stainless Sports Can and Link Pipe.
Stainless Steel Radiator Cover
Blue Stainless Steel Engine Case Screws
Blue Billet Oil Filler Cap
12 mm Front Sprocket Nut and Washer Fitted 4th Feb 2017
Chain and Sprockets Good 
1K Fazer rear caliper 'Blue Spot' and new pads, Fitted 200 miles ago + 1K Fazer Alloy drilled calliper torsion arm.
Front calipers serviced spring 2018
Bridgestone Batlax T30F Front & BT201R on the rear. Front tyre 100 miles, Rear tyre 1500 mile
Bike very clean and looks smart.
400-500 miles ago I spent £630 on full suspension upgrade. See ** above
Now set up for a 90 Kilo fully togged up rider (14 stones including riding gear)
Bike will not be ridden before April, when it will be taken for MOT, but is started up every two-three weeks and brought up to temperature.

Comes with:Yamaha Handbook, Haynes Manual, New Oxford Aquatex Cover, Oxford Battery Conditioner/Charger. Original Yamaha Screen, Original Yamaha Silencer. Spare 12mm Front Sprocket Nut & Washer, New 15 Tooth Renthal Front Sprocket. Disk Lock, Ground Anchor Chain, Brand new set of carb balancing gauges.
Registration Document & New MOT.
Looking at £1,800 in April.

Or now if you want to buy it now, that's good, but its still £1800, but I will still put new MOT on bike for purchaser. Will equal 13 months MOT.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 07:46:36 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale Come Spring
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2019, 07:34:47 pm »
Those pics are not the sharpest so added copies of a couple that are of better quality
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 07:36:09 pm by tommyardin »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2019, 07:44:47 pm »
Tommy,
If you wanted to sell the gauges seperately, I'd be interested in them. Your bike's a bargain as it is without the additional stuff. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2019, 11:55:17 pm »
 I'm shocked , I thought you'd have that forever. Why are you selling after all the time and effort, not to mention money that you've put into it over the past couple of years? Somebody's going to get an absolute bargain. I'm almost tempted myself.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2019, 01:19:15 am by vinnyb »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2019, 10:56:07 am »
Is that a 2002 model?. Mines a 2003 and it has the tuning fork logo on the tank.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2019, 07:03:13 pm »
Your bike's a bargain as it is without the additional stuff. :thumbup
Somebody's going to get an absolute bargain.

That's put the price up £500 :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2019, 08:13:03 pm »
I think he really wanted a blue one :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2019, 08:39:52 pm »
Is that a 2002 model?. Mines a 2003 and it has the tuning fork logo on the tank.

It is 2003 'Registered' as it say in initial post, but the model is 2002, as you rightly say the logo on the fuel tank is different, I believe that is the only difference.
Mine has the front fork pre-load adjusters and the extra reach adjustment on the front brake.   
« Last Edit: 23 January 2019, 09:58:24 pm by tommyardin »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2019, 08:45:04 pm »
Yeah, but what about the gauges. :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2019, 09:28:37 pm »
I'm shocked , I thought you'd have that forever. Why are you selling after all the time and effort, not to mention money that you've put into it over the past couple of years? Somebody's going to get an absolute bargain. I'm almost tempted myself.

I paid £1995 for it in 2013.

It was tidy when I bought it, but not loved as it had been used as an everyday bike.
The previous owner had the cam chain and tensioner assembly plus valve clearances done and serviced by a garage a month before selling it to me.
Because it was used as a work commute he had it serviced and looked after it, but just did not go that bit further and love it.
The bike just wanted a bit of TLC.

I was shocked at the power it has.
I had not been on a bike for many, many years, I loved the smoothness of the delivery and the acceleration was unbelievable, 4 seconds or something like that to 60 mph, my old BSA 650 was about 11 or 12 seconds. (And when the old Beezer was at 60 mph that was almost 2/3rds you max speed) :lol

I have loved owning this bike and I love the slightly retro Star Wars' look of the styling.

Yes I have injected a lot of money and effort into it, but I have also gained a great deal of pleasure and knowledge from doing it, many thanks to Kebab for his knowledge and help with the suspension upgrade.   

If you want to talk hard cash the bike has likely cost me upwards of £3000 - £3250 including the initial purchase, but you have to be realistic it is still a 2003 registered motorcycle.
I am 72 years old now and to be honest I have work related Rotation and Impact damage to both wrists and I have calciumated joints now, bone fusion is on the cards, motorcycling is out. Plus other age related injuries, I'm sure a lot of old Foccers in here are struggling with similar aches and pains.
This is not a hard luck story (Boo Hoo! poor me, poor me) :lol

The upshot is the FZS 600 has to go. I think £1800 with the stuff the bike has had done is not unreasonable.

As and when it sells I just hope it goes to a good home where it will continue to be pampered. :rolleyes

The Merc SLK 230 Kompressor is also up for sale, as is my Vauxhall 1700 TDI Combo Van, and the Honda C90 is back on eBay after the tosser who won the auction last time never had the resources to pay for it.

I am almost embarrassed to say that I have just bought a second hand Skoda Yeti Elegance, 2Ltr Turbo Deisel in candy white, for £8.5K it is one hell of a lot of motor car.         

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2019, 09:37:50 pm »
I'd hold onto the C90 if I was you ;) If you keep it you can still have the fun of riding a bike on nice days and they're only going up in value so you can't lose on the money side.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2019, 09:57:11 pm »
I'd hold onto the C90 if I was you ;) If you keep it you can still have the fun of riding a bike on nice days and they're only going up in value so you can't lose on the money side.

I know what you mean it is an investment, as it is in pristine condition after the 2017 winter total rebuild.
But its time to thin my vehicles out.

I have 5 MOT's, 5 lots of Road Tax, 5 lots of insurance, plus general running costs, Then there is the wife's car on top of that and I am  poor ole retired geezer.

My wife says that I should keep either the FZS600 or the SLK 230 which ever does not sell first, that would cut me down to 2 vehicles and save a fortune in tax and insurance, but to be honest it's the hassle of it as well, I am always at the MOT station getting something tested or on 'gov.give-me-your-foccing-money.org' taxing something.
In some ways I would like the Fazer to sell first as I am not very stable when manually manoeuvring it around the back of my house. 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 January 2019, 10:06:49 pm »
A mate told me a joke today:

Ikea are doing a new line in flat pack bedroom furniture, it is called the 'Lesbian Line' all tongue and grove and no screwing necessary. 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2019, 09:02:52 am »
Yeah, but what about the gauges. :lol

Hi Robbo, The balance gauges will go with the bike now, firstly I can't be arsed altering repricing the initial post/add in here. if it sell in the forum maybe the buyer would sell them to you.
If the FZS does not sell in here I will put on Autotrader and eBay for £2K, you can then have the gauges for gratis, with postage covered.

I bought the gauges because I read on here that they were a must have tool, but have never needed them as the bike runs as sweet as a nut, I did take them out of the box the first day they arrived to look at then, they have remained in the box in my shed ever since.
I believe there are different types of gauges, the ones I have are the rotary gauge ones (Dials)     

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2019, 04:08:45 pm »
Ok Tommy, thanks for your reply. Shame you've decided to let your Fazer go after you've completed all the most desirable mods, but if aches and pains stop you from enjoying your riding, then what's the point. Must have been a big decision, I know I'll be absolutely gutted when that time comes. Don't even want to think about it to be honest. I'm still trying to work out what I want to do when I grow up :lol .
Good luck with your sale. Take care.

« Last Edit: 24 January 2019, 04:11:51 pm by robbo »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2019, 10:57:06 pm »
On a similar point.... just bought a replacement battery for my 14 year old Mondeo, and thought 'that'll probably see me out'  :rolleyes

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2019, 11:01:57 pm »
 If you do end up selling it elsewhere, it might be an idea to swap the Nitron for the original shock and list it separately.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2019, 11:17:14 pm »
On a similar point.... just bought a replacement battery for my 14 year old Mondeo, and thought 'that'll probably see me out'  :rolleyes

LOL!
I'm sure it will 'see you out'
I once heard of a Mondeo almost covering 80 thousand miles before the scrap yard. :eek 

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2019, 11:38:59 pm »
Ok Tommy, thanks for your reply. Shame you've decided to let your Fazer go after you've completed all the most desirable mods, but if aches and pains stop you from enjoying your riding, then what's the point. Must have been a big decision, I know I'll be absolutely gutted when that time comes. Don't even want to think about it to be honest. I'm still trying to work out what I want to do when I grow up :lol .

Thanks for the good wishes Robbo,

Yeah I have not taken the decision lightly.
I love everything about my Fazer, but with the movement issues I have with both wrists and right ankle, plus the age related wear and tear on joints.
If I was to throw the Fazer up the road because of not really being in control of it at 72 you don't heal or get over bumps like that quickly, sometimes never.     

I am not in a rush to sell either the FZS600 or the Merc, and, I am happy to sit on both until the better weather, I know that both will sell, and that this weather will impact the sale on both vehicles.

Spring time will start to bring out the buyers of sports cars and SLK Kompressor is immaculate with the Vario electronic roof it is a bit of a posers or tarts car, and the Fazer is in very, very good condition so spring is a good time to sell.

I am not selling any of them to realise funds, but more like selling them to save money on tax and insurance and MOT's. I have four vehicle on sale right now.
My daughter says I am empty nesting, cheeky little cow. :lol

« Last Edit: 24 January 2019, 11:43:50 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2019, 05:00:03 pm »

Thanks for the good wishes Robbo,

Yeah I have not taken the decision lightly.
I love everything about my Fazer, but with the movement issues I have with both wrists and right ankle, plus the age related wear and tear on joints.
If I was to throw the Fazer up the road because of not really being in control of it at 72 you don't heal or get over bumps like that quickly, sometimes never.     

I am not in a rush to sell either the FZS600 or the Merc, and, I am happy to sit on both until the better weather, I know that both will sell, and that this weather will impact the sale on both vehicles.

Spring time will start to bring out the buyers of sports cars and SLK Kompressor is immaculate with the Vario electronic roof it is a bit of a posers or tarts car, and the Fazer is in very, very good condition so spring is a good time to sell.

I am not selling any of them to realise funds, but more like selling them to save money on tax and insurance and MOT's. I have four vehicle on sale right now.
My daughter says I am empty nesting, cheeky little cow. :lol

The Vauxhall Combo turbo diesel van sold today, at the asking price, One down. :D

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2019, 07:35:31 pm »

Have to agree. None of my business I know, but it likely costs next to nowt to keep tax/insurance wise/run/easy to handle. I've a feeling that when the warm sun hits your face one day in spring, it'll trigger something inside. Maybe only a few miles trip to see a mate, a ride to the shops, or an evening at the local bike meet.

cl1ve2004

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - vstrom 650 al8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31 January 2019, 08:46:17 am »
Hi Tommy

Have PM' d you about the bike

Clive :D

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2019, 12:03:09 pm »
Tommy, I am approaching my 71st and, since I ended up in hospital last January,I managed to get out & enjoy the Tracer and the Honda C90(actual 110cc)last summer/autumn.
When the time comes,which it will, I shall be sad to see the Tracer go but will keep the C90 as it is hardly heavier than an old fashioned bicycle.
I have a friend who until a few years ago rode some big powerful machines but failing health and stamina have taken their toll but he still enjoys riding his monkey bikes and old British autocycles. Think hard before getting rid of the cub it isnt much to tax & MOT. Good luck whatever you decide!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 February 2019, 02:07:59 pm »
Tommy, I am approaching my 71st and, since I ended up in hospital last January,I managed to get out & enjoy the Tracer and the Honda C90(actual 110cc)last summer/autumn.When the time comes,which it will, I shall be sad to see the Tracer go but will keep the C90 as it is hardly heavier than an old fashioned bicycle.I have a friend who until a few years ago rode some big powerful machines but failing health and stamina have taken their toll but he still enjoys riding his monkey bikes and old British autocycles. Think hard before getting rid of the cub it isnt much to tax & MOT. Good luck whatever you decide!

Dave & all the others who have offered advice about selling the C90.
I did advertise it again on eBay, and had 2238 page views and 59 people watching it, but not one bid.  :'(  or should that be  :thumbup
I have had a few sniffs from eBay buyers since the auction ended, wanting to do a deal outside of eBay and also wanting me to almost give it to them.

I paid £200 for the bike when I found it in the shed and spent between £700-£750 so it stand me for about 900 quid and I have twats offering me £300 for it,  :eek  you can likely guess my response.

Have definitely decide the 2003 FZS600 Foxeye has to go, the Mrs is calling me a mug for selling it, she enjoys the occasional blast on the back, but know your limitations.
As advised by a number of you,  I have decided to keep the Chicken Chaser and do the re-bore which I should have done during the rebuild, as she puffs a bit of blue on the over-run.     [size=78%]   [/size]

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 February 2019, 08:25:09 pm »
Tommy, I am approaching my 71st and, since I ended up in hospital last January,I managed to get out & enjoy the Tracer and the Honda C90(actual 110cc)last summer/autumn.When the time comes,which it will, I shall be sad to see the Tracer go but will keep the C90 as it is hardly heavier than an old fashioned bicycle.I have a friend who until a few years ago rode some big powerful machines but failing health and stamina have taken their toll but he still enjoys riding his monkey bikes and old British autocycles. Think hard before getting rid of the cub it isnt much to tax & MOT. Good luck whatever you decide!

Dave & all the others who have offered advice about selling the C90.

I did advertise it again on eBay, and had 2238 page views and 59 people watching it, but not one bid.  :'(  or should that be  :thumbup
I have had a few sniffs from eBay buyers since the auction ended, wanting to do a deal outside of eBay and also wanting me to almost give it to them.

I paid £200 for the bike when I found it in the shed and spent between £700-£750 so it stand me for about 900 quid and I have twats offering me £300 for it,  :eek  you can likely guess my response.

Have definitely decide the 2003 FZS600 Foxeye has to go, the Mrs is calling me a mug for selling it, she enjoys the occasional blast on the back, but know your limitations.
As advised by a number of you,  I have decided to keep the Chicken Chaser and do the re-bore which I should have done during the rebuild, as she puffs a bit of blue on the over-run.     [size=78%]   [/size]

:thumbup