Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:20 am

Author Topic: New tyres.  (Read 691 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
New tyres.
« on: 19 January 2019, 09:03:35 pm »
Looking to get another set of Bridgestone 023's for the Fazer. Likely to get them off one of the website suppliers again, but how do I ensure that I am sent fresh rubber and not old stock? Any advice appreciated.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: New tyres.
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2019, 10:34:27 pm »
Looking to get another set of Bridgestone 023's for the Fazer. Likely to get them off one of the website suppliers again, but how do I ensure that I am sent fresh rubber and not old stock? Any advice appreciated.

It's a popular tyre, if you bought off someone like Oponeo who shift a lot worldwide i would hazard a guess you"d be unlucky to get old stock.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2019, 10:54:37 pm »
Do Black Circles supply and have approved fitters for bike tyres?. I used them the other day for the first time for a car tyre. They shift a lot of stock I reckon.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2019, 11:03:25 pm »
Google is your geek :D
Our range of motorbike tyres are currently available by mail order only.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2019, 11:05:55 pm »

I'd recommend the T31 as it's a newer version of the T30 which replaced the 023s.

As for whether the tyres are fresh, check the DOT code on the side wall, the last four digits are the week (2 numbers) and year (2 numbers) of manufacture.

Tell them you don't want them to be more than eg a year old and that you're making that part of the contract. If they send you older ones, reject them as they weren't what you ordered and they can pay to replace them. Also pay by Credit Card so you get Section 75 protection too, meaning the Card Company is jointly liable for the satisfactory conclusion of the sale :thumbup