Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:57 pm

Author Topic: Load of Dealer PISH!  (Read 2063 times)

Decoke Dave

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Load of Dealer PISH!
« on: 09 January 2019, 06:40:45 pm »
Call it what you like "Document fee", "Admin fee" it all ads up to the same thing! Rip off dealers trying to employ some kind of "clever salesmanship" nonsense. How many people have been caught out by this crap! An agreement is reached as to the total purchase price of a vehicle, after a deposit is paid the balance suddenly becomes plus X £, whatever they charge!  This is always after the deal is made and is only highlighted after the supposed total cost is agreed verbally and the deposit paid!  Yes it is mentioned in the website or advert small print but what they are trying to say is they are charging you for selling you the bike! The problem is on paying the deposit they then have your deposit money and a bike which may be short changed if they have promised to service it if you tell them to go and F*** themselves for the fee! Make sure you get a text, deposit and and balance amount BEFORE parting with ANY cash and keep it! Being a canny Scot it was only 300 and odd miles that prevented me from going and having an articulate word or two in person, (I had spoke to him on the phone about this"phantom charge") with the scrawny little smarmy shit (I had previously met in person) who I dealt with.  No wonder dealers get a bad name when some are like this!  No excuse for their actions!  On the plus side bloody good bike  :) ! More to do with the original owner though. 

If you are going to buy a bike from a dealer who charges this the FIRST thing to tell them is "Shove their fee up their ARSE!"
« Last Edit: 09 January 2019, 11:00:57 pm by Decoke Dave »
If at first you don't succeed, pull your foreskin ower yer heid!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Load of Dealer PISH!
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2019, 07:20:33 pm »
Yes I have come across this with a bike, the advertised price was minus the "admin cost" which you can not get out of paying so that advertised bike price is fake. I think it was about £50 on top. And yes I basicly told them to shove it.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2019, 08:08:15 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2019, 08:06:34 pm »

I had the same thing happen to me when I went to buy a Ford Mondeo about 6years ago from a main dealer. No finance involved cash sale and no trade in all sorted just about to pay when told there was a £125 documentation fee  what for I asked, told it was for completing the documents for the sale. Bo**acks was my reply, what! for sending the reg doc to DVLA, company policy was the next excuse.  The sales rep and manager were not pleased when I told them where they could shove their £14500 f**king car.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2019, 08:13:00 pm »

I had the same thing happen to me when I went to buy a Ford Mondeo about 6years ago from a main dealer. No finance involved cash sale and no trade in all sorted just about to pay when told there was a £125 documentation fee  what for I asked, told it was for completing the documents for the sale. Bo**acks was my reply, what! for sending the reg doc to DVLA, company policy was the next excuse.  The sales rep and manager were not pleased when I told them where they could shove their £14500 f**king car.
Yes I had that on a car too, I told them I don't care whether you remove the cost or reduce the car by the same amount - I aint paying any more than the agreed price. They took it off the car price. I think its some sort of tax thing or the dealer getting one over on the parent owner company or something.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2019, 08:45:29 pm »
 I hate dealers.
I bought a VW Bora donkeys years ago, it was a 2.0 petrol 3yo with 6000miles on the clock.  The dealer had been borrowing bits from it, maybe doing the sandwich run in it, I dunno.  It was if it somehow got lost in their stock, was looking a little sorry for itself and was going cheap.  So a bit of a haggle and it was mine.   Then they wanted 60 quid for a tax disk.  There was just a few days left in the month so I told em I get my own, plus I still had my own banger – all I needed to do was drive this thing down the road.  They told me are not allowed to put a car out without a tax disc.  Anyway to get to the point, I didn’t give them 60 quid but there was a tax disc on it when I went to pick it up.  They did want to me sign a form saying that after 30 days, as I have not taken out a warranty with them, I will have no claim whatsoever against them should anything go wrong with my car.  Needless to say I didn’t sign.  Ran that Bora for over ten years. 

Watch out for dealer servicing.  So I bought a nearly new Yeti just about three years ago now.  6mnths old with 22 miles on the clock.  Great deal.  They phoned me a few months later to tell me it needed a service.  It had done 4000 miles.  Nothing on the dash board said service so I told em to piss off.

6000 miles later the car did want to do for a service.  So I paid for an interim service.

10,000 miles later I took it for a ‘major’ service.  I won’t bore you with the details, but what I figured out is that a major service is exactly the same as a minor service – the only difference is it costs 120 quid more.

I complained to the dealer.  Got nowhere.  I complained to Skoda UK.  Who fannied about, pretended to be concerned.  Then eventually admitted that a minor service is often the same as a major service.  That they offer customers “holistic servicing” with the cost spread over the service life of the vehicle – I kid you not.  I could go on.

The wee Skoda Yeti, as I told them, is fantastic but their dealers are shit and Skoda UK Customer Service, well, seriously Skoda UK do not do customer service. 

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2019, 10:03:48 pm »
I hate dealers.  Then they wanted 60 quid for a tax disk.  There was just a few days left in the month so I told em I get my own, plus I still had my own banger – all I needed to do was drive this thing down the road. 

You hate everyone :lol

Didn't realise you think you're above the law as well. :rolleyes  Does your mate mtread know. He was a customs officer you know, he could arrest you.  :stop
Tax dodger !  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2019, 10:33:23 pm »
Didn't realise you think you're above the law as well. :rolleyes  Does your mate mtread know. He was a customs officer you
Just for you Dazza - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Revenue_and_Customs
could arrest you.  :stop
For what?Doh!

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2019, 12:06:12 am »
Like insurance wankers, they're legal thieves. :finger :nana.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 12:07:23 am by coffee »
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2019, 12:45:42 am »
Nah, Vehicle Excise Duty nothing to do with HMRC. Now making crap wine, altogether another matter  :)

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2019, 12:45:17 pm »
Been meaning to reply to this for a while.
You could say I want to be Devil's advocate here but the fact is that I have a different perspective on the dealer experience.
When I got my 8 I was looking for a new bike but it was still a bit of an impulse buy considering it's my daily (100 mile round trip) commuter.
Yes it was £500 more than you might expect to pay and there was a document fee but it came with a lifetime warranty, like that will ever be honoured right.
Well just over a year later after a three week lay up for Christmas first day back to work a wheel sensor broke meaning no ABS or speedo, I called them to get it booked in for replacement and they said "OK, no problem, we'll do it under warranty", While I was waiting for it to go in a stick coil went (cyl 4), called them up and they said "No problem we'll do it at the same time" and as one had gone on the outside I said I'd replace the other (cyl 1 ) just in case and would pay for it as it hadn't actually broken and they even supplied it at cost, all work carried out FOC.
Because I bought the bike from them (I trust the mechs there anyway) I have the major services done by them but they can be tailored, as I do everything else myself I only need valve clearances done so a strip down, check, set, and rebuild with new gaskets and plugs as required and last time they fitted the loom for the quick shifter too cost £280.
The long and short of it is that I have no complaints about the service and prices at my local dealers CMC Newport.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

Decoke Dave

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2019, 11:47:21 pm »
As with all of the bikes and cars I have bought from dealers (which is not that many admittedly) I became invisible after the purchase! We all know they do not always perform the service tasks they should and always done to a budget, minimum spec oil, pattern filters etc unless purchased new and under warranty.  Always best to do as much as you are confident to do yourself, keeping receipts, dates, recording mileages etc.  This is only my experience, but I do believe unless mentioned BEFORE a deposit is paid the final agreed amount should not suddenly become plus this admin fee rubbish. This is simply fraud!!!!!!!! Refuse to pay it!  At least some dealers ARE ARSEHOLES.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 11:49:20 pm by Decoke Dave »
If at first you don't succeed, pull your foreskin ower yer heid!

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2019, 11:17:57 am »

Why can't we buy a bike or car direct from the manufacturers anyway???? why is that.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2019, 12:17:57 pm »
Why can't we buy a bike or car direct from the manufacturers anyway???? why is that.
Here you go.
http://www.ymsj.jp/
It's a bit of a ride back fae the factory.  5700 miles as the crow flies.
 :lol