Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:38 am

Author Topic: Hey foccers!  (Read 1142 times)

Hamahaa

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Mutt Hilts
    • View Profile
Hey foccers!
« on: 07 June 2019, 11:08:10 pm »
Hi fellow fazer owners! Had mine for a year now, what a great first bike. :D

Done loads to mine over the last year but so much still on the to do list. Interested to see what others have done/ recommended upgrades.

So far I’ve had total drive loss at a hairy speed on the motorway but didn’t die, hurrah! Front sprocket nut fail as seems to be the norm. Thread stripped so new (ebay) engine went in.

Hate the look of the seat, attriactivess rating = sanitary towel. I’ve done a custom job on mine, not the best but vastly improved!

Carbs balanced, new battery, fuel pump, new tyre, rims resprayed and taped, new coils, leads, sparks, engine repainted, new levers, gel grips. Oh and lowered 50mm on dog bones for my short arse  :b

Lots more to do, but an absolute joy to ride. Hope I’m now into the purely cosmetic stuff! Anyone got a good clutch cable replacement video/manual?

Also, I’ve ridden two different engines now and they were both really whiny in 3rd, I take it that is just a Fazer thing? May look at suspension in future, standard seems to be like a puddle jumper  :)

Looking forward to learning more on the forum!

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Hey foccers!
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2019, 03:23:48 pm »
Hi, Hamahaa, and welcome to the forum. You have certainly done a lot of work on the bike. Post a photo if you are able. Look forward to viewing it. Regarding upgrades, I can't help you there. Mine are just bog standard.