Date: 24-04-24  Time: 09:21 am

Author Topic: finally ivanising..  (Read 6901 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Re: finally ivanising..
« Reply #75 on: 05 February 2019, 02:30:21 pm »

cheers mate... the bike is pukka, the back not so much so lol.
Christ I hate getting old,
I mean, who puts their back out refitting carbs... :'( :'( :'(

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05 February 2019, 06:37:24 pm »
Sounds good - well, the bike does anyway. :lol
Hope that back gets better.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 16 February 2019, 05:08:01 pm »

just had the carbs out and in again lol, and its getting easier..there are a couple of things I do now which make it a lot more accessible. Basically, ive stopped taking silly short cuts which actually take longer to get past in the long run...
 Firstly, I disconnect all the connectors in that big bunch just above the head. makes it far easier to work and see what your doing. a bit of switch cleaner doesn't go amiss before you click them back together. secondly, I undo the throttle cables and remove the outers from the bracket before I try and slide the bank out....gives a lot more room as it lets you lift the carbs before tilting/sliding them out.
Thirdly I use a little hooky tool to disconnect/re connect the inners...as mike said once you know how to its dead easy. you just gotta make sure you get the two throttle cables attached right when your re assembling so they lie correctly side by side once the carbs are in place instead of being tangled around each other.
fourthly tings like the choke cable and carb de ice pipes I trap behind ht leads so they are out of the way
fifth, a bit oh heat and light smear of grease on the inlet stubs, then straddle the bike to pop the arbs in square
lastly...relax, take your time, and don't force anything. Its quite an enjoyable job really, and kinda satisfying.