Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:14 am

Author Topic: ...and yet another new bloke...  (Read 541 times)

mw2018

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - fzr600
    • View Profile
...and yet another new bloke...
« on: 18 December 2018, 11:18:33 pm »
somehow i struggled to register and log in a few months ago, gave up on it for a bit, tried again tonight with a new password and bingo! i'm here.
i'm sort of middle aged [ :rolleyes ], live in cheshire, had lots of big bikes, starting with a GS750 in 1980, been through lots of race reps, sold my last gsxr1000 in the summer as the way i was riding, it was going to end in tears. always liked big fazers, and found an 08 FZ1 at a bike shop back in june for sensible money [it's up on miles], and had a great summer on it. exactly what i expected from it and it has done the trick. it's so comfy, goes like stink, sounds good even bog standard and i find i ride quite a bit more sensibly. what don't i like? the riders seat makes me slide forward, which is a bit of a nut crusher, but then sitting back is a bit hard on the bum bones. the ignition switch on mine is a bit awkward to use - wear and tear i guess, and i only have 1 key. it's mich PR4s and these work well. looking forward to 2019, going to the NW200 and all the usual stuff.so there you go, that's me. :)