Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:21 pm

Author Topic: Triumph Speed Twin  (Read 2831 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Speed Twin
« Reply #25 on: 22 December 2018, 05:55:34 pm »
I used to have a 'proper old one' a BSA A65. It spent most of its time in bits. If I went out on it for more than 10 miles then I used to take most of my tools with me :)

How gorgeous is that,I had a gold star 520 JYB a 500dbd34 wish I had it now,remember the gen goldie clip ons with the brazed on lugs?and that silencer that whistled,can't be many of them about now. That 190mm front brake looks fantastic don't it? :b

LOL Been there.
I had a Limited Edition1963 650cc BSA Rocket Gold Star A10, Pre unit construction parallel twin with a Quaif TT Type 2 close ration gear box. Less than 1600 made.  Loved it but spent more time working on it than I ever did riding it. Found this picture of one on the net, this is not mine but the same colour scheme and spec. Worth an absolute fortune now, sold it to a garage in Bury Gate Sussex around 1972, they gave me £85 for it on a trade in, and to be honest it was a fair price at the time. I purchased a Reliant Regal Van from them, Primrose yellow exactly the same model as Del Boys.   
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 December 2018, 11:58:25 am »

Now that is a lovely looking bike. anyone would be proud to ride that.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 December 2018, 12:31:26 pm »
The new Scrambler 1200 prices have just been announced. From..... £11,500 :eek
Don't expect the Speed Twin to be much cheaper  :rolleyes

Obviously BREXIT and the weak pound is having an effect on bike prices.  Bikes seem to be on average about 15% dealer than two years ago. :eek

Things is this doesn’t seem to be affecting sales as yet.  PCP fever still rules.  People just look at the monthly cost. 

The thing I have noticed though is second -hand pricing.   Well yup it gets PCPed again – folks just look at the monthly cost. :eek

I am, as usual, contemplating another bike come the spring – maybe this year I’ll actually do it.  But prices ain’t helping.  With an average 15% rise in new I’m much keener on used stock.

Still fancy an MT10.  Here’s one in the right colour - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-MT-10/292881563354?hash=item443119feda:g:kqIAAOSwdZBcG4Mk:rk:2:pf:0

914 miles and unmolested.  Nice.

But 9995 quid?  1.5k off the list price.  Really!  And you know what, when I ask for a decent cash discount, I get a feeling they’ll shrug their shoulders and say they’ll have it sold at 9995 on PCP in a matter of weeks.  Guess I’ll not know until I ask.  But used prices seem as daft as the new prices right now.