Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Chinese coils

(1/2) > >>

celticdog:
Hi does anyone have any experience of fitting Chinese made HT coils? At £30 a pair, are they any good? I've fitted a few chines parts before and they've been OK- brake levers and foot pegs but never any electrics. Mines are packing up but i'm loath to buy a 2nd hand pair as they'll all be near knackered with some of them nearly 20 years old. Any input is appreciated.

agricola:
At £30 a pair, thats got to be worth a try. Just make sure that all connections are really good and tight, bit of acf50 or similar on the connections. I recently bought 2 sets of footpegs from China for a third of the price of one pair from Yamaha. Grated, the alloy is not as hard, but id rather buy these every couple of years cos I only grind them down on trackdays

YamFazFan:
I just had a look at the new prices on Fowlers site. Only the L/H coil is still available. Just a few pence under £100 inc VAT on back order.

celticdog:

--- Quote from: agricola on 13 December 2018, 04:43:24 pm ---At £30 a pair, thats got to be worth a try. Just make sure that all connections are really good and tight, bit of acf50 or similar on the connections. I recently bought 2 sets of footpegs from China for a third of the price of one pair from Yamaha. Grated, the alloy is not as hard, but id rather buy these every couple of years cos I only grind them down on trackdays

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: YamFazFan on 13 December 2018, 05:10:38 pm ---I just had a look at the new prices on Fowlers site. Only the L/H coil is still available. Just a few pence under £100 inc VAT on back order.

--- End quote ---

Cheers guys  :thumbup I've gone ahead and ordered them got to be worth a punt at £30. I'll put the results on the forum, hopefully they're up to the job.

darrsi:
You say Chinese made, but where are you actually getting them from?

I would've given these a go, at least they're aknown company over here if there's any problems.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS600-Fazer-98-03-2-x-Ignition-HT-Coil-SET/142255478396?fits=UKM_Make%3AYamaha%7CUKM_StreetName%3AFazer&hash=item211f16567c:g:QPkAAOSw5cRZHrdm:rk:1:pf:0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version