Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Gen 2 wobbly mirror

(1/2) > >>

malc:
Anyone got a cure, my right mirror is a bit wobbly, it's from the base of the stem where it has a large pin under the plastic cover, if i fold the mirror it's not wobbly, wondered if anyone has had the same issue and if there's a way to pack it out somehow ?

b1k3rdude:
Got a picture of it, as I have some patter gen 1 mirrors..

mw2018:
my left one wobbles a bit, i took it off and looked underneath it but it's kind of pressed together with nothing you can adjust or tighten up. so i put up with it, think of it as character. 8)

NorthWestern:
My first gen 1 had this issue. I drilled out the rivet, the spring washers had corroded inside the hinge so I ordered new springs off ebay (about 60p).  While I waited for delivery I built it back up with a washer to compensate for the missing springs which was OK but couldn't be folded back properly... You could just bolt it up solid.

FZ1obp:
I've had this a few times on my 2009 Gen 2:

Unbolt the mirror and remove the boot, take two sockets and place one each side of the thin tube that's holding the mirror assembly together and gently apply pressure in a vice to the sockets so that the tube is lightly compressed (ie the sockets need to be sized so that are bearing on the rim of the tube).

Might take a couple of goes

Then re-assemble and check it's wobble free. If not repeat.

Hope it works

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version