Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:41 am

Author Topic: 2001 boxeye to foxeye headlamp wiring help please  (Read 858 times)

Hutchy36

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
2001 boxeye to foxeye headlamp wiring help please
« on: 25 November 2018, 10:22:45 pm »
Help please guys I've got a 2001 boxeye fazer and have bought the foxeye front end , can anyone please point me in the right direction to the correct and best way to wire these lights up possibe diagram in simple terms please , searched high and low on here for diagrams and info thanks guys in advance

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 boxeye to foxeye headlamp wiring help please
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2018, 08:22:26 am »
Welcome to the site Hutchy, I have done this conversion several years ago and it was covered on here in a lengthy post. I will see if I can find that post later including a simple wiring diagram. If it has disappeared I will post up the info from memory and my records. The difference in the lighting is fantastic, like going from virtually none to reasonably good. If you can do a bit of basic wiring and make few simple brackets it’s not difficult as long as you have the fox eye front fairing bracket.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2018, 10:08:35 am »
This is the original post from five years ago. http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,5252.0.html
It is three pages long with quite a lot of useful discussion and photo's, but don't let that put you off as it is just a matter of following the wiring diagram on page 1 and connecting the wires as shown. It is wired differently to the Foxeye (Mk2) method as that has changes to the main wiring harness from the Boxeye (Mk1) harness and uses different relays.  The method shown here gives exactly the same result and uses bog standard relays available from most car accessory shops etc. and in my opinion is a much easier option than trying to copy the Foxeye method.
The reason for making small brackets to support the fairing sides is that the mounting brackets on the Mk1 frame are in a slightly different position to the Mk2.
Don't hesitate to ask if you need further help or clarification and anyway let us know how you get on.

Hutchy36

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2018, 12:03:53 pm »
Thank you so much limax2 and Frank who emailed me for all the info diagram is brilliant just what I was looking for