Date: 25-04-24  Time: 01:36 am

Author Topic: Throttle/carbs issues  (Read 3164 times)

vladgluhovhere

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle/carbs issues
« Reply #25 on: 27 November 2018, 09:33:19 pm »
Just checked the cables on my bike - the two small nuts on the opening cable, longer hex on the closing cable.
Exactly how I have mine.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 November 2018, 10:35:12 pm »
Seems like the problem can only be how you routed the cable or that the cable is the wrong length

TOM VR46

• DAS Born Again
  • NEW TO FAZER FORUM
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2018, 06:21:26 pm »
Q. Going by your pic, and what you've said, once installed on bike do you have any free play in the cables, at either end. As you have said the both ends are at shortest setting. Only other idea is a small vid to see how testing cables will of the bike.

TOM VR46

• DAS Born Again
  • NEW TO FAZER FORUM
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 December 2018, 07:06:33 pm »
Wee update for you. Put new cables on today and now no cruise control :'( anymore. Throttle just snaps back. But something I noticed and mentioned before. In your pic the cables seem to be under tension , so I set mine up with no free play at carbs especially on pull side, and guess what , the throttle stuck open :rolleyes and as soon as I put in a bit of play , it just sprung back. Confused me as it makes sense cables tight at carbs but not overtight , but a small bit of play and all good. By small bit of play I mean is that adjusters can move , half turn on lock nuts, they'll still hold in place but have a bit of movement in them .