General > Introduction

New fazer owner Northants

(1/2) > >>

Padlock:
Hi all, been after a Fazer 1000 for some time and finally bought one today. 2002 1st generation with only 1 owner and only 5500 miles. Its like a brand new bike. Looking forward to getting as much power out of it as possible without spending too much money, and sorting the suspension.

Anquetil:
Welcome to the forum, Padlock. Looking forward to seeing a photo. You have been most fortunate to find one with only 5500 miles on the clock and just one owner. Will you wait until after the winter before getting out on it regularly ?

Padlock:
I bought the Fazer so i can put my R1 away for the winter. After a few years of packing up riding through the winter apart from the occasional blast i’m Returning to riding the year round so the beautiful, almost brand new Fazer is going to have to earn its keep. I’m quite good at protecting bikes from the winter onslaught so it’ll survive pretty much unscathed.

Anquetil:
I ride all through the winter too. I use my ACF50 treated FZS 600, with a Tutoro chain oiler fitted. Used to go through chain and sprockets due to the heavy salting of roads here in North Wales. The oiler made a big difference last winter. Roads here plastered with salt already.

Old-Git:
Shameless plug - hope to see you  there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version