Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:18 pm

Author Topic: Cue the piss-taking...  (Read 1732 times)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Cue the piss-taking...
« on: 18 November 2018, 09:33:12 pm »

Over the past few years I’ve noticed I need to pee more often.
At first it was just a bit difficult getting to work without needing to stop… my kidneys seem to operate flat-out in the morning so an hour-long commute was enough to make it pretty desperate by the time I arrived. More recently it’s got worse in that I can be in urgent need of a piss even when my bladder is only one third full.
Probably this is down to age (late 50’s), but thought I’d better get it checked out.
The hospital urology unit told me to keep a record of fluid intake and output so lately I’ve been pissing in a measuring jug… which has revealed the fact that after I’ve been out on the bike for an hour my urine is cloudy whereas the rest of the time it’s crystal clear. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a similar effect?

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Cue the piss-taking...
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2018, 11:33:12 pm »
I'm surprised the hospital didn't check your PSA level,if I was you I'd get it checked just for peace of mind.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2018, 11:45:20 pm »

Over the past few years I’ve noticed I need to pee more often.
At first it was just a bit difficult getting to work without needing to stop… my kidneys seem to operate flat-out in the morning so an hour-long commute was enough to make it pretty desperate by the time I arrived. More recently it’s got worse in that I can be in urgent need of a piss even when my bladder is only one third full.
Probably this is down to age (late 50’s), but thought I’d better get it checked out.
The hospital urology unit told me to keep a record of fluid intake and output so lately I’ve been pissing in a measuring jug… which has revealed the fact that after I’ve been out on the bike for an hour my urine is cloudy whereas the rest of the time it’s crystal clear. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a similar effect?

Fuck your pissing habits just don't ask me around your house for any pudding with custard on it, Fucking measuring jug indeed.

But in all seriousness, my mate Aussie John had exactly the same issue and it was found that he had an enlarged prostate (No one even hinted at the big C word) and it was pressing against his bladder limiting the bladder size and stopping him emptying completely so hence he was pissing very often, but failing to empty out completely, apparently it is not uncommon on us guys as we get older. John went in to hospital key hole surgery and he was out a day later but off work for a couple of weeks. he says he is all fine now and pissing like a horse lol!

Certainly done the right thing getting yourself checked out.

I personally can go all night without getting up for a slash, piss and fart in the morning and I am good to go, UNTIL I run a tap or even gas the car or Fazer up its the sound of flowing liquid that messes with me, although it is a good excuse for not going up to the bar and getting the pints in.  :eek [size=78%]  [/size]

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2018, 09:50:20 am »
I personally can go all night without getting up for a slash...

So did I until a couple of weeks ago. Two days after starting this measuring malarky I started waking up in the middle of the night needing a piss! Fucking annoying.

PSA test was done, and didn’t cause alarm, though from what I read it doesn’t give especially reliable results anyway… and neither does the finger-up-the-bum test, I think the medics just get off on the humiliation aspect. Ultrasound scan revealed an enlarged prostate, but flow rate and emptying are good, it was more the cloudiness that puzzles me. I assume it is due to the beating I get from riding over the appalling roads round here which was why I was asking.

I just checked on some cyclist forums as I guess they would be affected more since they have harsher (no) suspension, but it doesn’t appear to be a routine thing for them… though it does get mentioned in association with kidney stones. Something to raise at my next appointment. :'(

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2018, 04:47:05 pm »
To Pee or Not to Pee, That is the question

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2018, 03:53:25 pm »
My uncle has been going through this. Commuting in the car, plus at work, strong quick urges to do a wee - almost to the point of getting caught out a few times!
He went to the Doctor > Hospital and was diagnosed with prostate cancer!

He's just recently had the main operation, to get the cancer removed, and is currently recovering in hospital as I write this.

It's the most common form of cancer in males in the UK and it's a sensible choice to book an appointment with your local GP if you have concerns (speaking to the masses here). Not trying to cause any concern to you Fazerider, plus hopefully your case is nothing sinister, however reading your Post immediately related me to my uncles current situation.  :(

You'd expect cyclists to suffer from your symptoms Fazerider much more, as their saddle is nothing (literally) compared to a motorcycle seat, which is far more supportative plus substantial. <<<< After writing that, I see you mention it also in your last post. Agreed.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2018, 04:04:15 pm »
I personally can go all night without getting up for a slash...

So did I until a couple of weeks ago. Two days after starting this measuring malarky I started waking up in the middle of the night needing a piss! Fucking annoying.

PSA test was done, and didn’t cause alarm, though from what I read it doesn’t give especially reliable results anyway… and neither does the finger-up-the-bum test, I think the medics just get off on the humiliation aspect. Ultrasound scan revealed an enlarged prostate, but flow rate and emptying are good, it was more the cloudiness that puzzles me. I assume it is due to the beating I get from riding over the appalling roads round here which was why I was asking.

I just checked on some cyclist forums as I guess they would be affected more since they have harsher (no) suspension, but it doesn’t appear to be a routine thing for them… though it does get mentioned in association with kidney stones. Something to raise at my next appointment. :'(

I assume it is due to the beating :rollin :rollin :rollin I wondered where that sentence was going :eek

Good luck Fazerider hope its sorted soon.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2018, 04:05:05 pm by tommyardin »

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2018, 12:36:24 am »
After getting Hodgkins Lymphoma in 1992 I had chemo and radiotherapy and was given the all clear in 2007 but told to keep an eye on anything unusual,lumps,bumps etc, and I had a PSA check just because they had a awareness thing going on at the time regarding prostate cancer,anyway it turned out I had a highish figure so had a biopsy which showed some cancer there,they said these things are very slow growing and monitored me for a few months but the figure kept rising so they advised me to either have it out or blasted with radiotherapy.I decided to have the surgery because if they didn't remove all the cancer with radiotherapy it would be hard to do an op afterwards,anyway they've removed my prostate but have found some in my bones so I'm now having hormone therapy to keep it under control.If any of you have the slightest doubt about your prostate GET IT CHECKED !don't wait 'till something is obviously wrong it may be to late .
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2018, 10:51:46 am »
I am now used to waking up to 3 times a night for a pee, and normily a hearty fart.Though it is annoying, its better than not waking up !!!! :'(
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2018, 05:31:26 pm »
Reminds me of the guy who went to the Doctor and said Doc you got to help me, I open my bowels very day at 8am, is there anything you can give me that will help, The Doctor said 'Help! You are a very fortunate man to be so regular at your age, what make you think you need any help' the guy said 'well I don't get up till 9-00'. :eek   

Just spotted this picture on F/B
« Last Edit: 22 November 2018, 05:37:11 pm by tommyardin »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2018, 06:13:30 pm »
Seeing as you are all talking pish.

Well if you dont mind me saying so I'm delighted to say I've just done a shit.

Spent most of yesterday evening trying to pass a kidney stone.  My usual technique of roasting hot baths combined with plenty of tramadol got me through the night, and once again I dodged A&E.  Just I try to avoid painkillers as much as possible as they habit of making me constipated. 

So not so happy I that I shat, but just happy that I shit.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2018, 06:51:24 pm »
lol I got the opposite prob VNA, if I get that "ooh think I may need to shit" light twinge, five minutes later ive gotta be squatting somewhere with me trousers and pants around me ankles or i'll honestly shit myself. And also cannot go through the night without having to get up and pee at least twice, despite knocking my beloved "last cup of tea of the day" in bed on the head. I hate being old...

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2018, 06:59:40 pm »

lol I got the opposite prob VNA, if I get that "ooh think I may need to shit" light twinge, five minutes later ive gotta be squatting somewhere with me trousers and pants around me ankles or i'll honestly shit myself. And also cannot go through the night without having to get up and pee at least twice, despite knocking my beloved "last cup of tea of the day" in bed on the head. I hate being old...

I’m not much better Ogri.  Just the painkillers swing me from one extreme to the other.  Neither is much fun at all.

I vary from night to night.  Occasionally I’ll sleep through the night without waking – I mean very occasionally – and then when I do wake I am absolutely busting but not a lot comes oot.  But yeah most nights once or twice sometimes more.

My other, getting old problem is, everything is tight.  I have to do physio stretches everyday now just to keep moving.

If I can quote my much missed mother who passed away last year “This getting old thing – it’s a bummer!”

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2018, 07:02:24 pm »
aint I just bud. And I know what you mean about too many pain killers...whilst waiting for my shoulder op they put me on opiates (DMC), and ever time I needed a number two I honestly felt like crying because I knew it was going to be akin (I imagine) to an arse raping...

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2018, 07:27:03 pm »

I thought I was the only person with that " need to shit problem" , I have found that avoiding a full bladder helps as this seems to put pressure on my rectum.
Like VNA I can have nights where I sleep through, but sometimes I have to get up twice to piss,  doesn't seem to make much difference what my tea intake is.
For all of us senior guys who have done manual work all our lives old age just sucks, I have certainly got my moneys worth out of the NHS in the last 3 years.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2018, 07:33:14 pm »
at least we are all in the same boat mate lol. its horrible to talk about, but everytime I walk the dog (three times a day through woodland thank Christ) I have to take paper in case I get caught out. getting old sucks beyond belief, why the hell did I survive strokers in the seventies  :lol :lol :'(

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2018, 07:44:39 pm »
at least we are all in the same boat mate lol. its horrible to talk about, but everytime I walk the dog (three times a day through woodland thank Christ) I have to take paper in case I get caught out. getting old sucks beyond belief, why the hell did I survive strokers in the seventies  :lol :lol :'(

Umm yes.  I do quite a bit of hill walking.  I always have paper and freezer bags in my rucksack. 

What also gets me is all the public toilets that are being closed left right and centre.  If not that they are slapping money grabbing locks on them.

If you gotta go you gotta go.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 November 2018, 07:46:05 pm »
finally something we all agree on mate... ;) ;) :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2018, 06:24:21 pm »

Don't worry Ogri It won't will not last for ever. :eek
« Last Edit: 23 November 2018, 06:26:11 pm by tommyardin »

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2018, 10:14:14 am »
So, not just me then. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease a while back. Had some really close calls on the loo dash and one time had to sneak into a field and "compost" the hedge. Was dreading a dog walker appearing as I knew there was no way I could stop!
On one memorable house visit to flog a nice couple some new windows I got the dreaded two minute warning. I casually asked if I could use the bathroom while they were deciding on styles and headed for the stairs. Imagine my horror when they told me to use the cloakroom by the front door, about 20 feet from where they were sitting. Needs must and I tried as best as I could to have a quiet shit and flushed the loo at the same time. In an effort to make it appear I only had a piss I was in and out as quick as possible.
Back at the table, considerably relieved, the husband suddenly exclaimed................. "What's that awful smell?" I stuck my head down and fortunately they blamed the cat whose puzzled arse was kicked out the back door. :lol
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!