Date: 16-04-24  Time: 16:53 pm

Author Topic: Another new owner  (Read 731 times)

sahtlinurk

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Another new owner
« on: 09 December 2018, 07:18:29 pm »
Hi,

I am Lauri, from Oxfordshire.
Bought a 2001 boxeye about a week ago. Still getting use to it, rode GS500 before so a serious move up in power and speed department :)
first thing i did was to change the exhaust back to original as was way too loud with DanMoto one. Photo attached.

Safe riding
L.

[size=78%] [/size]

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Another new owner
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2018, 08:38:51 pm »
Hi Lauri. Nice looking bike. Those late boxeyes with the dual colours always look good. Pity about the change of exhaust  :) There are some nice light non standard ones with baffles. I've got a Fuel which just adds a little bit of 'character'.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2018, 10:36:05 pm »
Looks like a clean bike ;) I think that's the best Fazer colour scheme 8) It would be a good idea to check your front sprocket nut. The original nut has a nasty habit of coming undone and chewing up your output shaft. The fix is putting on the newer wider nut. It has more threads so doesn't come undone. Have a search on here for front sprocket nut and you'll find all the details.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2018, 11:23:44 pm »
Hi Lauri. Nice looking bike. Those late boxeyes with the dual colours always look good. Pity about the change of exhaust  :) There are some nice light non standard ones with baffles. I've got a Fuel which just adds a little bit of 'character'.

Much the same as that, Got a 'Pipewerxs' sports can on my FZS600 with removable baffles, not a lot of difference in or out to be honest, but it makes the bike MOT legal with them in,
« Last Edit: 16 December 2018, 11:24:47 pm by tommyardin »