Date: 20-04-24  Time: 03:19 am

Author Topic: S1000rr shock question  (Read 625 times)

Stinka

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
S1000rr shock question
« on: 04 November 2018, 09:51:34 am »
just got my new (to me) 2004 fazer 1k home. It’s come with a few bits one of which is the beemer shock. It has 2 modified top bushes ready to be fitted, but my question is what’s the procedure for drilling out the bottom hole on the fork ? Can I do this with a hand drill ? Don’t want to bugger it up

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: S1000rr shock question
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2018, 07:32:24 pm »
A friend of mine who made my top bushes for me drilled mine at the same time, the issue you'll have is ensuring that the drill doesn't slip the least bit sideways when you drill it or obviously as you'll be aware you could end up with an oval hole. If you know anyone or a local engineering firm with a pillar drill probably best to use one if you can that way you can securely clamp the shock and line it up and get it nice and square.

I fitted the same shock to mine and I know the world and his wife on here go on about an R6 shock but love the BMW one on my bike never even have to think of it causing me any problems and whilst I'm no lunatic I ride what was called progressively when I was a motorcycle cop.  :)

Stinka

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: S1000rr shock question
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2018, 06:32:28 am »
Cheers for that reply mate. Confirmed my thoughts on the process