Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:46 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209749 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #2600 on: 21 March 2019, 11:32:08 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/21/petitions-site-crashes-after-thousands-back-call-to-revoke-article-50
It does not say who started that petition - It was a woman and she was interviewed by phone on the BBC from Cyprus.
The guardian says
The petition began gaining signatures on Wednesday evening after Theresa May criticised MPs for not approving her Brexit deal. 
But the lady herself said that it was getting nowhere and she almost gave up but then started to tell everyone she could (via facebook I assume ) and from there it went a little viral and all BEFORE May's tv statement.The BBC are more than happy to also promote it.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: 21 March 2019, 12:14:17 pm »

It says 600,000 have signed it. How does that top the 17.4 million who voted to leave?.

I suppose that constitutes 'Democracy' in the fantasy land the Remainers seem to inhabit :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: 21 March 2019, 01:02:25 pm »
It says 600,000 have signed it. How does that top the 17.4 million who voted to leave?
Well it's already well over that figure. Give it time it's only just started.

Anyway, quote from an unnamed Government Minister

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: 21 March 2019, 01:10:56 pm »
But the lady herself said that it was getting nowhere and she almost gave up but then started to tell everyone she could (via facebook I assume ) and from there it went a little viral and all BEFORE May's tv statement
Now 875,000 and still rising fast.
Using Facebook eh? The place where the Russians told you all to vote Leave  :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: 21 March 2019, 02:11:20 pm »

Yeah he threw a hissy fit apparently. Any excuse to be awkward :rolleyes. Labour nearly always put getting one over on the government above the national interest.

Oh come on!  Foccin wise up YamFazFan.  104 pages in and either you are playing politics yourself or you really do - do not have a clue.
The independent group are not a political party, and nor do they have a leader.

Let me put it this way – do you think May considered inviting Anna Soubry?  Yeah seriously!  I mean if she wanted the so-called Independent group to be there that would have been the respectful thing to do considering she was also inviting the leader of the opposition.  No of course she wouldn’t- hell would have to freeze over before May would willingly invite Soubry to the table.

So yeah it was a set up.  With just a few days to go she’s deploying every dirty political trick in the book.

She is a useless, dishonest, Prime Minister, who frankly is no longer in control of anything.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: 21 March 2019, 02:18:23 pm »
Well it's already well over that figure. Give it time it's only just started.
First I have heard of it.  Just signed it.   Will pass 1 million very shortly.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: 21 March 2019, 02:32:16 pm »

VNA It's you the one that's spouting the same clap trap as when I unfortunately started this thread I started it so you had your own thread oh forgot about your idiot side kick could spout off and the rest of us didn't have to put up with it. Personally I bitterly regret starting it and wish the moderators would take it down before it rips apart what used to be a great forum. 

PLEASE MODS TAKE THIS THREAD DOWN WHILE WE STILL HAVE A FORUM LEFT

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: 21 March 2019, 02:57:22 pm »
VNA It's you the one that's spouting the same clap trap as when I unfortunately started this thread I started it so you had your own thread oh forgot about your idiot side kick could spout off and the rest of us didn't have to put up with it. Personally I bitterly regret starting it and wish the moderators would take it down before it rips apart what used to be a great forum.

Steve.  Just back on the 16th of march I posted my first political thread on foc-u.  I broke my own rule.  And I’ve been on this forum since it began.  The only reason I started my Christchurch thread is because I have been shocked by some of the extreme views expressed on this forum.  I am talking about racist, fascist and Islamophobic comments and material.   Not entirely to my surprise the thread has been pretty much ignored – though I had hoped maybe folks would have at least expressed their solidarity with the Muslim communities in Christchurch and indeed here in the UK.  50 innocent people, including young children, shot dead at their place of worship.

As for your BREXIT thread Steve, and lets be absolutely clear – it is your thread Steve, you started it –  I didn’t even comment on it till page 6!  I gave it plenty of time to die before I commented.

It’s clearly not just I and one other person.  But what you are really saying, is that you, like many others here, want to express a political opinion, and you look to others to reinforce that opinion, but you are unable to accept that others may disagree with you.  Sorry, but life ain’t like that.

Oh Steve, congratulations on the most popular foc-u thread in 2019 so far.  Well done bud!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: 21 March 2019, 03:25:42 pm »
Yeah he threw a hissy fit apparently. Any excuse to be awkward :rolleyes. Labour nearly always put getting one over on the government above the national interest.

Let me put it this way – do you think May considered inviting Anna Soubry?  Yeah seriously!  I mean if she wanted the so-called Independent group to be there that would have been the respectful thing to do considering she was also inviting the leader of the opposition.  No of course she wouldn’t- hell would have to freeze over before May would willingly invite Soubry to the table.
So yeah it was a set up.  With just a few days to go she’s deploying every dirty political trick in the book.

Er I think it go's -------

Of course all the conspiracy theories coming out now.

Of course it's all a big conspiracy

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: 21 March 2019, 03:40:49 pm »
  The only reason I started my Christchurch thread is because I have been shocked by some of the extreme views expressed on this forum.  I am talking about racist, fascist and Islamophobic comments and material.   Not entirely to my surprise the thread has been pretty much ignored – though I had hoped maybe folks would have at least expressed their solidarity with the Muslim communities in Christchurch and indeed here in the UK.  50 innocent people, including young children, shot dead at their place of worship.
Yes it was ignored and you then bumped it yourself because it was 10 post's down.over 100 people had looked at your post by then and not one person was willing to post - not because as you say they did not want to express solidarity (in your head ) but because everyone knows that you only posted it so that you could jump on to anyone who did not fully agree with you, then you could virtue signal your way through another 100 pages. Poor F4celess fell right into your trap and as far as I could see from his post he was coming from an angle of being on your side but your are so lost in your own world view that you read what you wanted or expected to read.  258 views now and no one apart from F4celess has posted into it. (of course I discount your wing man/sidekick who is always guaranteed to back you up )
It didn't work - no one will reply, so you are bringing the subject up on this thread just to cause more arguments and discourse.
« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 05:00:19 pm by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: 21 March 2019, 04:55:16 pm »
Steve - I'm no sidekick and I'm certainly no idiot.

Thanks for the insults. Just reflects on your lack of substance :rolleyes

And Fazersharp - you seem surprised that 48.1% of the population have the same opinion? Really? Or is it just that it's not yours?
« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 04:59:31 pm by mtread »

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: 21 March 2019, 05:42:43 pm »
PLEASE MODS TAKE THIS THREAD DOWN WHILE WE STILL HAVE A FORUM LEFT

+1

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: 21 March 2019, 06:08:32 pm »
Yes it was ignored and you then bumped it yourself because it was 10 post's down.over 100 people had looked at your post by then and not one person was willing to post - not because as you say they did not want to express solidarity (in your head ) but because everyone knows that you only posted it so that you could jump on to anyone who did not fully agree with you, then you could virtue signal your way through another 100 pages. Poor F4celess fell right into your trap and as far as I could see from his post he was coming from an angle of being on your side but your are so lost in your own world view that you read what you wanted or expected to read.  258 views now and no one apart from F4celess has posted into it. (of course I discount your wing man/sidekick who is always guaranteed to back you up )
It didn't work - no one will reply, so you are bringing the subject up on this thread just to cause more arguments and discourse.

Didn’t bump it and I’m not bumping it.  Added 50 dead.  I really not sure where F4celess was coming from and stated so.  Not jumping anybody. 

Wasn’t aware you had the same problem as Steve Fazersharp. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: 21 March 2019, 06:13:25 pm »
Time fae a giggle.......... :lol

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: 21 March 2019, 06:38:11 pm »
a useless, dishonest, Prime Minister, who frankly is no longer in control of anything.
But that's a fair description of all Prime Ministers and Politicians......They're all thieves and liars.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: 21 March 2019, 06:55:23 pm »
But that's a fair description of all Prime Ministers and Politicians......They're all thieves and liars.
They got voted in.  We voted them in to represent us.
Anyway, so it looks like May's deal is coming back for a thirs time. 

I might be wrong, but I just can't see it going through.
And if it does go through?  I mean the biggest defeat in parliamentary history to being passed.  That would be a calamity itself.
I hope MP's are ready to act fast when (if) this is rejected.  The country will be right on the edge of disaster. 

My prediction today (which might change tomorrow :lol ) is, and I can hardly believe I am saying this - is the second referendum is coming.  We'll need it to avoid no deal.  If May's deal is rejected the EU will basically say, either you go for a second referendum - a general election - or there is No Deal.
What May has done is put the EU in charge.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: 21 March 2019, 07:45:19 pm »

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: 21 March 2019, 07:45:31 pm »
I like motorbikes, I got 3 ..the fazer is my road bike used for work etc, I recently bought a Guzzi cos I went to the factory and wanted a sunny day bike, and its let me down already. I also compete in trials at the weekend with my son. for that I use a Sherco, I am shit but I enjoy it and its cheap fun. I don't really give a fuck about people in suits who got nothing in common with me. If we were all at box hill / Bury hill/ newlands etc etc. this shit wouldn be talked about so lets blank it and talk bikes..

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: 21 March 2019, 07:55:25 pm »
There is probably a forum for this sort of brexit shit, but this aint it.. I am not being naïve ( spell ?) but falling out over a load of freeloading twats is pointless, we are all into bikes so we should talk about that.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: 21 March 2019, 08:05:45 pm »
best thing to do is vote with our feet (ok fingers) im kinda sick of it too lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: 21 March 2019, 08:11:23 pm »
I don't really give a fuck about people in suits who got nothing in common with me.
I take your point.  Fair enough.
But BREXIT is relevant to a certain degree to bikes and this forum.
I was in my local, well as local as they get, Yamaha dealer today.
Before the 2016 referendum the on the road price of the MT10 was £10k
I asked what the on the road price was today – it’s £12k 

My guess is that if we do end up with No Deal – the pound will weaken again – plus something like a 10% tariff (lets hope no more) and you are looking at £14k for an MT10.  14,000 quid.  Try 17,000 quid for the MT10SP.

So from full EU membership to No Deal could see a 40% price rise in new bikes.

So I think everybody needs to get on that petition web site and send a message.   It’s at 1.3 million and rising.
Brexit will make everything to do with bikes more expensive – not just one or two quid – seriously more expensive. 

We need to kill BREXIT.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: 21 March 2019, 08:12:20 pm »
best thing to do is vote with our feet (ok fingers) im kinda sick of it too lol
Please!
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: 21 March 2019, 08:23:18 pm »
lol here we go again...the reason (imho) that we are up shit creek is not because we voted for Brexit. its because that vote was betrayed and sabotaged time and time and time again, ultimately inevitably bringing us to where we are now. Im guessing remainers see this as some sort of victory. enjoy..

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: 21 March 2019, 09:27:26 pm »
Yes it is a bike forum and there are almost 25 thousand other threads to post in. There has been a few people who have come into this post to proclaim that this is not the place and this is a bike forum and the thread should be closed down. But the whole reason for this thread to be started in the first place is to stop brexit invading every other thread on this bike forum (like it was doing ) and if this is closed down then there will be no where on this forum that is safe from brexit posts.
Just ignore this brexit thread if you are not interested in it.
« Last Edit: 21 March 2019, 09:29:54 pm by fazersharp »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: 21 March 2019, 09:32:38 pm »

Sounds like Corbin walked into the big meeting with may and the independent group were there (Chuka ) and Corbin turned on his heels walked out muttering "he (Chuka) is not a proper political party leader".

Yeah he threw a hissy fit apparently. Any excuse to be awkward :rolleyes . Labour nearly always put getting one over on the government above the national interest.

It seems to me that Tusk came out with the most sensible comments yesterday. He appeared to be saying you either back May's deal next week or leave with no deal on Friday.

Yes please, lets end it