Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:07 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209891 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #2275 on: 22 February 2019, 05:16:35 pm »
Ian Austin MP has quit Labour today.

He's citing the extremism, intolerance and anti-Semitism. What a disgrace they are now :( . Truly The Nasty Party.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: 22 February 2019, 06:39:45 pm »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 22 February 2019, 11:34:32 pm »
He's citing the extremism, intolerance and anti-Semitism. What a disgrace they are now . Truly The Nasty Party

As you keep saying  :rolleyes And as I keep saying, they're not a patch on the Tories. As Anna Soubry said 'she hasn't left the party, the party has left her'.
Bluekip is falling apart and now 3 of May's senior ministers defy government policy.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: 23 February 2019, 12:14:48 am »

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 23 February 2019, 01:37:16 am »
Anything you'll ever need to know in one video:

Producing a number  :lol :lol :lol

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: 23 February 2019, 10:15:41 am »

Actually the younger generation on the continent as a whole are not happy with the EU and especially the Euro.
I wonder if the UKs kids are (it would be said by remainers) for the EU because they have just finished or are still in the liberal left EU biased brainwashing education system       
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: 23 February 2019, 03:39:21 pm »
Actually the younger generation on the continent as a whole are not happy with the EU and especially the Euro
And your evidence for this assumption is......?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: 23 February 2019, 05:22:09 pm »
Actually the younger generation on the continent as a whole are not happy with the EU and especially the Euro
Fact, google it yourself.
Spain Portugal Poland Finland Greece Italy the young are not happy with the EU despite attempts by "Their excellencies" to bribe them with free rail cards and the Youth Guarantee, aimed at getting school-leavers into a "quality" first job, and Erasmus+, which offers grants to study or get work experience in another EU country.  The rise of anti EU parties - recently Finland promising their own Brexit - Fixit.
By this rate half of the EU will of left before we do.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: 23 February 2019, 07:12:46 pm »

Anything you'll ever need to know in one video:

Producing a number  :lol :lol :lol

Foccin excellant :lol :lol :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: 24 February 2019, 02:49:21 am »
Fact, google it yourself.
Do all those countries have the Mail and Express too then?  ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: 24 February 2019, 01:03:37 pm »
More on Honda;
It will be in similar lodges around Tokyo that Brexit’s impact on Japan’s UK investments will now be discussed. In the 1980s this is where consensus was reached that Margaret Thatcher’s commitment to the European single market and customs union, along with her labour market reforms, offered a major opportunity for Japanese business. It would allow Britain to be the place where Japan could develop its famed “just-in-time” delivery system by sourcing production across Europe, without tariffs, regulatory and customs checks, and foster the recruitment and management of talent Europe-wide. They took her at her word, and the investment boom that has transformed the British car industry was born.
Today, a new Japanese consensus has formed. The Conservative party and its leaders cannot be trusted. They ignore warnings, break their word and do not understand business – personified by Old Etonians Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg. Brexit is a first-order disaster, striking at the heart of how Japanese companies organise themselves as “lean manufacturers”. As Honda’s Patrick Keating, its European government affairs manager, briefed a meeting in Swindon in September, Brexit is likely to interrupt the just-in-time delivery of 2 million parts a day – a fifth of which come from EU suppliers. Those suppliers would have to fill out 60,000 customs declaration forms a year, he warned. One in five of its UK workforce are EU nationals. The world of tariff-free barriers – access to the EU’s free-trade agreements with other countries, and ability to move staff between countries promised by Thatcher – has evaporated in front of Honda’s eyes. Yes, it was operating below capacity, but within the EU Honda could have taken a long-term view and braved the downturn. Brexit forced the plant’s closure and the decision to produce in Japan.
  Will Hutton (political economist, academic administrator, and journalist)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/24/japan-brexit-honda-nissan-liam-fox

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: 24 February 2019, 03:09:41 pm »
Amazing, you've called it correct AGAIN :eek . Despite what we were all told by the Honda boss, you just knew didn't you ;) . It HAD to be that pesky Brexit and it was!.
I don't know how you do it. Right EVERY time :eek .

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: 24 February 2019, 04:57:19 pm »
YamFazFan  VNA IS JUST A WIND UP ARTIST DON'T FALL FOR HIS CRAP

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: 24 February 2019, 07:21:43 pm »
Amazing, you've called it correct AGAIN :eek . Despite what we were all told by the Honda boss, you just knew didn't you ;) . It HAD to be that pesky Brexit and it was!.
I don't know how you do it. Right EVERY time :eek .

Looks like May is going to do everything she possibly can to force MP’s to vote for her ‘deal’.  A deal that effectively kicks the can down the road.  A deal that means many more years of doing BREXIT.  A deal that will leave industry facing long term uncertainty as to what our eventual long term relationship with the single market will be.

Unless the UK quickly reaches a settled position, ie some sort of Norway deal, or cancelling article ‘50’ you are doing to see more and more companies like Honda throwing in the towel and leaving the UK.  Nobody can commit to major investment in manufacturing in the UK without knowing what long-term access they have to the biggest tariff free, quota free, customs free market in the world that just so happens to be on our doorstep.

As the pro-Brexit economist Minford states a No Deal Brexit means UK manufacturing will be all but wiped out.  And the truth is with May’s deal will deliver much the same outcome.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: 24 February 2019, 08:04:24 pm »
Looks like May is going to do everything she possibly can to force MP’s to vote for her ‘deal’.
I think that was her plan all along. 'No Deal' was never going to happen, it's just being used to frighten MPs and us. That together with 'ongoing talks with the EU' to run the clock down so that everyone will be so 'grateful' a deal is in place.
Ignoring everybody else, she always had the problem of squaring the ERG with the DUP. The ERG don't want any part of the UK to be in a Customs Union. The DUP need NI to be in alignment with Eire, but not to be treated differently to the rest of the UK. Two mutually incompatible requirements
As you say, if there's a deal that is just the start of 2+ years of negotiation of what kind of long term arrangements we have with the EU. Is it EFTA, EEC, Norway, Norway +, Canada etc etc. The trouble is it's inevitably going to be a deal that nobody is happy with, not Brexiteers or Remainers. We will have to take rules from the EU and probably pay in, but lose most of the benefits of full membership.
Prepare for 1. Two more years of this crap and 2. To be eventually disappointed at the outcome.
We're all in this together (as someone once said)  :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: 24 February 2019, 08:24:54 pm »
As you say, if there's a deal that is just the start of 2+ years of negotiation of what kind of long term arrangements we have with the EU.
I cannot see the backstop being removed from May's deal.  And considering it has taken us well over two years to fail, so far, to get a withdrawl agreement in place - well really what chance is there, if some sort of May deal goes through, of us actually being able to negotiate BREXIT for real.  2 years?  No way.  We could be doing this for the next decade.
We could be stuck with effectively no government for years.
Manufactuering will be wiped out in the UK. 

And no wonder Honda have focced off.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: 24 February 2019, 08:37:14 pm »
I made a mistake above. The ERG don't want any part of the England to be in a Customs Union. They couldn't give a foc about the rest of the UK.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: 24 February 2019, 10:01:54 pm »
I made a mistake above. The ERG don't want any part of the England to be in a Customs Union. They couldn't give a foc about the rest of the UK.
Which could leave Scotland with a lot of thinking to do and maybe a second Independence referendum.  We need to be in the single market.  Though that may mean a hard border with England, it is fairly straightforward compared to Ireland’s porous border between north and south.  If we upgrade our east coast ports, we’d be in a position to attract manufacturing business up across the border from the north of England.

With the impact, if there is no quick settled deal, in Northern Ireland, I believe people there, the protestant population, will very much begin to realise that their future lies with Eire.  They might just wake up and realise that their Tory friends at the end of the day don't give a flying foc about them.  No deal or May’s deal could lead eventually to both Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving the UK.   Britain would be no more.

One way or another, right now I see no end to this BREXIT madness.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: 24 February 2019, 10:05:04 pm »
I think we oughtta bin this thread now, and the jihadi bird one too. weathers changing, summers coming, we can all start enjoying the bikes again and stop being stir crazy and menstrual.. :)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: 24 February 2019, 10:06:40 pm »
I mean, did you lot get out today? Wales was fuggin glorious, especially now me 'onda has got brakes.. :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: 24 February 2019, 10:22:07 pm »
I think we oughtta bin this thread now, and the jihadi bird one too. weathers changing, summers coming, we can all start enjoying the bikes again and stop being stir crazy and menstrual.. :)

I think we are stuck wi the BREXIT one.  And it is to some degree relevant to biking.  Both in terms of the price of new bikes, which have already shot up in price as a result of the BREXIT vote and for those taking biking holidays in the EU.

But the Jihad Brides return to U.K! thread, well yeah, what the foc is it doing here?    I mean there’s Twitter and plenty of political forums if you want to discuss, vent your fury or shit stir.

Summer is coming?  It’s foccing February, it’s the middle of winter, though yeah it’s strangely mild up here too.  Bloody global warming is robbing us of proper winters.  Oh no I’m gonna have the climate change deniers spewing pish noo.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: 24 February 2019, 10:24:54 pm »
fuck me you agreed with me on one out of three!!! your getting soft feller...… ;) :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: 24 February 2019, 10:26:54 pm »
fuck me you agreed with me on one out of three!!! your getting soft feller...… ;) :lol

I agree that having brakes on yer motorcycle is a jolly good thing too! :D

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: 24 February 2019, 10:27:43 pm »

:lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: 24 February 2019, 11:14:40 pm »
Not today, was out all yesterday and it was glorious here in the east (once the fog had lifted). Traffic today was terrible with everybody heading for Sunny Sarfend.
My Tiger has new brakes front and back, which seem to have bedded in quite well  :)