Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:18 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209733 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1600 on: 16 January 2019, 07:55:15 pm »
He's just said he'll negotiate if she takes No Deal off the table  :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 16 January 2019, 08:00:53 pm »
But that is the only thing we have left with to threaten the EU with.

Which loosely translates into - give us what we want or we'll jump 
Yeah that'll work 
</blockquote>

Nah I see it more like this ---
Here's how you successfully jump  :eek

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 16 January 2019, 08:06:24 pm »
DUP asks May for £100 billion as they show again they own her arse  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 16 January 2019, 08:19:44 pm »

May wins confidence vote by majority of 19, but it's the Labour Party who are going to control this situation from now on. Good job their leader is a eurosceptic :)

Yes the right man at the wrong time. :'(   Really pissed off with Labour.  They should have opposed this every step of the way.  However at least Jeremey understands we cannot under any circumstances end up in a NO DEAL situation, and further also understands the importance of having a customs union.

However, we in Scotland are going to continue to push for full EU membership, and if necessary a second Independence Referendum in order that we can REMAIN as full members of the EU. :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 16 January 2019, 08:27:25 pm »
Corbyn makes it a condition in order to get May off the fence. So she has to pick which half of her party to go with. Lots of politicking going on here....

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 16 January 2019, 08:46:39 pm »

Corbyn makes it a condition in order to get May off the fence. So she has to pick which half of her party to go with. Lots of politicking going on here....

Considering the snooty nosed patronising arrogant way in which the Tories treated Corbyn when he first became leader, and not to mention May’s disgusting spiteful and spineless personal attack on him today, well;

Yeah, there is some satisfaction in sitting back and watching Corbyn coolly and calmly start taking the Tory Government apart.  And great pleasure in watching them squirm and take their medicine.

I might be right pissed off with Labour, but that is nothing compared to my life long intense dislike of the scum bag Tories.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 16 January 2019, 08:51:21 pm »

:eek :eek :eek I have just heard Soubery spell out C.U.N.T in PMQ's  :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes That has got to look fantastic with the subtitles on

Context?
Here it is as I don't think you will see it on the BBC.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 16 January 2019, 08:59:50 pm »
He's just said he'll negotiate if she takes No Deal off the table  :)

all the more reason not too...
if she takes no deal off the table the eu will know they can call the shots, much like they knew when camoron went over there to "re negotiate", having told them he'd already surrendered..
can I ask the remainers this. You've seen how much the eu despise us, they have made no effort whatsoever to disguise their contempt, which is absolutely fine by me (much better to know where we stand dontcha think?)
if you get your way, get another referendum, and win...How on earth do you think they will treat us from this point on, having crawled back to them. I mean, seriously..

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 16 January 2019, 09:30:31 pm »
No deal HAS to remain on the table. Germany is in the brink of recession - the possibility of a no deal may just persuade them to renegotiate.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 16 January 2019, 09:45:33 pm »
can I ask the remainers this. You've seen how much the eu despise us, they have made no effort whatsoever to disguise their contempt, which is absolutely fine by me (much better to know where we stand dontcha think?)
What on earth makes you think the EU despise us?

I don't follow that at all.  It's the UK that's acting as complete and utter (and if I may borrow a word that fazersharp seems to love) cunts towards them.

I mean we have spent over 40 years working with the EU and making the EU what it is today. Only for no apparent reason to loose the plot and threaten to tear up everything we have worked together for for the last 40 years.

I cannot for the life of me understand the shear stupidity of many in England.  And this is an English mess.

The UK is now not just the lauthing stock of the EU, but round the world nations are gobsmacked and stunned at our utter and shear stupidity. 
« Last Edit: 16 January 2019, 09:46:21 pm by VNA »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 16 January 2019, 10:54:42 pm »
well, thats not the first time ive been called a stupid cunt (albeit a bit around the houses) and I doubt its the last. hey ho..

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 16 January 2019, 11:02:06 pm »
well, thats not the first time ive been called a stupid cunt (albeit a bit around the houses) and I doubt its the last. hey ho..
Not at all.  I am not calling you a cunt :eek   I do though feel the UK has acted dreadfully towards the EU.
But yes in my opinion BREXIT is absolutely bonkers.  It's collective madness.  Our problems stem from our own sucessive governments not the actions of the EU.
I am impressed, on the other hand, how united the EU is, 27 countreis standing together.  And despite our dreadful behaviour towards them, they continue to hold the door open to us.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 16 January 2019, 11:19:07 pm »
No deal HAS to remain on the table. Germany is in the brink of recession - the possibility of a no deal may just persuade them to renegotiate.

But it won't. They've said so. That sort of brinkmanship won't work. All of the EU member states have come out today as united. Anyway, what is it exactly that you want the EU to renegotiate? A while ago on here it was all about 'No Deal' in which case there is nothing to negotiate. The EU would allow that, but of course Parliament won't :lol

May seems to be saying to the opposition parties, 'let's talk about my deal, under my conditions, so you can all agree with me'. She continues to be a stubborn woman under an illusion that she is in control. The problems and divisions are still within her own party and she is trying to hide it.

All to play for  :)
« Last Edit: 16 January 2019, 11:45:15 pm by mtread »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 16 January 2019, 11:55:53 pm »
Here it is as I don't think you will see it on the BBC.
Excellent, good on her, except I see they have subtitled it 'Sea UNT' :lol
And to think it all started with the Sex Pistols saying 'Fuck' on TV in 1976

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 17 January 2019, 07:32:08 am »

Corbyn's made himself look like a right idiot stomping his feet and refusing to go to Mrs May's house to play.

Even some of his own MP's are saying he's slipped up here. What a twat.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 17 January 2019, 08:32:05 am »
Not at all.  I am not calling you a cunt :eek   I do though feel the UK has acted dreadfully towards the EU.
But yes in my opinion BREXIT is absolutely bonkers.  It's collective madness.  Our problems stem from our own sucessive governments not the actions of the EU.
I am impressed, on the other hand, how united the EU is, 27 countreis standing together.  And despite our dreadful behaviour towards them, they continue to hold the door open to us.

"...in my opinion..."

....which of course you are totally entitled to, just like everyone else, but that's all it is, it does not make you right (or wrong).

I'm still of the opinion that politicians are all lying underhand bastards, and although i don't take enough notice to like or dislike May, i do know that i really dislike Corbyn, Abbott, & their band of useless wankers.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 17 January 2019, 08:52:44 am »

She continues to be a stubborn woman

And Corbyn's not being a stubborn man I suppose :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 17 January 2019, 10:30:10 am »
And Corbyn's not being a stubborn man I suppose
Of course he is, but he is the official opposition. It's his job.
Anyway, May has enough problems with a divided cabinet. Gaulk says Customs Union option, Fox says not. Perhaps her first job should be to talk to them.
Hammond tells business leaders that No Deal will be taken off the table within days, yet May refuses to agree to rule it out.
SNP says this morning it won't discuss Brexit unless May considers 2nd Referendum.
Not looking good for May is it? :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 17 January 2019, 11:10:35 am by mtread »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 17 January 2019, 11:16:32 am »
Corbin has fallen right into a trap here. He has been left looking like HE is the one being awkward. He triggers a no -confidence vote and wastes time there. He has constantly pointed at Mays "red lines" and then go's and sets his own.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 17 January 2019, 11:18:54 am »
Now joined by SNP and Lib Dems who lay down conditions and won't talk either No trap  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 17 January 2019, 11:26:17 am »
Now joined by SNP and Lib Dems who lay down conditions and won't talk either No trap  :)
Do they not realise the whole country is watching them and expects them to get together and sort this.
We need to lock them all in a big room (like a pope conclave ) and not let them out until they get together and sort it. The only ones we will let out are those who can not bring themselves to work with others and my leaving they leave their MP job and can never return.

I wonder how many "I am an MP get me out of here" we would see then.   

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 17 January 2019, 11:28:00 am »
Just been listening to 'Remain live', sorry, 'Radio 5 live'. It's a job to tell who's the presenters and who's the callers :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 17 January 2019, 11:33:55 am »
Just been listening to 'Remain live', sorry, 'Radio 5 live'. It's a job to tell who's the presenters and who's the callers :lol
I used to listen to that a lot but not done so for a long time I had a little listen the other day and OMG the PC and virtue signalling by the presenters is borderline funny

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 17 January 2019, 11:58:04 am »

Do they not realise the whole country is watching them and expects them to get together and sort this.
We need to lock them all in a big room (like a pope conclave ) and not let them out until they get together and sort it. The only ones we will let out are those who can not bring themselves to work with others and my leaving they leave their MP job and can never return.

I wonder how many "I am an MP get me out of here" we would see then.   

But they won't compromise. They're only idea of settling anything is to reverse democratic descions they don't agree with. They hate democracy when it throws up a result they don't like.

They will only settle for a second referendum. Then a third if they lose that one. Then a fourth.....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 17 January 2019, 12:27:35 pm »

I used to listen to that a lot but not done so for a long time I had a little listen the other day and OMG the PC and virtue signalling by the presenters is borderline funny

I shall have to remove it from the station preset. A Remainer's, (surprise surprise), just been on lecturing about democracy. That's beyond farcical :rolleyes