Date: 19-04-24  Time: 03:38 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 216179 times)

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1400 on: 08 January 2019, 11:18:41 am »
LGTFOOI.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 08 January 2019, 01:20:56 pm »

Quote from: VNA on Today at 12:43:36 AM<blockquote>
The trowth is tha youse dinnae ken whit youse want.  But youse dae need somewan tae wyte. And youse will wyte whom ye huv been telt tae wyte.

</blockquote>

For the benefit of those who don't read old Scots

The truth is don't know what you want. but you do need someone to blame. And you will blame who you have been told to blame.

Nice :)
 Though are you confusing Old English which is similar to Scots?  Scots just being Scots because unlike Old English it is a living language. 
Anyway aside fae nitpicking, I feel what I am saying is true.  The EU is the bogeyman.  We’ve been screwed by successive Tory and New Labour (Tory) governments, people are pissed off, and the extreme right have produced their bogeyman – which of course they have been working on for the last 20 years.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 08 January 2019, 01:32:51 pm »
« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 01:52:00 pm by VNA »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 08 January 2019, 01:40:08 pm »
Nah ----getting lost now with that one
OK I'll keep it simple. No Deal /WTO just ain't going to happen  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 08 January 2019, 02:33:40 pm »

We’ve been screwed by successive Tory and New Labour (Tory) governments, people are pissed off,

The only way we have been screwed by them is not to be given a vote on the issue for years. My dislike of the euro project go's back many years and transcends all political parties.
And you like to speak of bogey men and kicking the wrong ball which is exactly what YOU do with TR/SCYL

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 08 January 2019, 02:51:03 pm »
My dislike of the euro project go's back many years and transcends all political parties.
Well yes project leave started more than two decades ago.
But it's one thing to dislike something, but quite another to be unable to express why it is you dislike something.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 08 January 2019, 04:20:49 pm »
My dislike of the euro project go's back many years and transcends all political parties.
Well yes project leave started more than two decades ago.
But it's one thing to dislike something, but quite another to be unable to express why it is you dislike something.
We have expressed why we dislike the EU. Over and over again. Your worship of it and belief that it's completely fautless and the best thing since sliced bread obviously blinkers and deafens you to what we're saying.
I understand you won't agree with we've said, but please believe me we definately have said it :rolleyes .
The fact that you don't agree with it doesn't mean we haven't said it and you can just dismiss it. I don't agree with your stance on the EU, but i acknowledge that you've stated it.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 04:22:11 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 08 January 2019, 04:22:35 pm »
Though are you confusing Old English which is similar to Scots?  Scots just being Scots because unlike Old English it is a living language. 
The only Scots I know is something to do with wellies, and why they are important  :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 08 January 2019, 05:01:10 pm »
I dislike paying £13 billion per year to the EU for one reason.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 08 January 2019, 05:28:36 pm »
Which is 0.8% of GDP. The forecast effect of Brexit on GDP start at minus 1.3% rising to minus 3.3%.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: 08 January 2019, 05:41:47 pm »

We have expressed why we dislike the EU. Over and over again.
OK, lets see where we are with the foc-u BREXITEER list of reasons for leaving the EU;

1.       Daylight running lamps
 2.       Graded Bananas
 3.       Dazza’a Great Grandfather
 4.       Cheap and nasty food and drink imports
 5.       Crap inefficient electrical goods.
6.        Dislike paying EU dues

Yup definitely worth leaving and trashing our economy for. :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: 08 January 2019, 07:33:22 pm »
Prior to EU membership, i never had to pay 20% tax on anything i bought
That’s incorrect, as I’ve pointed out before VAT replaced the purchase tax in the UK.
So tell me again, how I'm better off in the EU
Agricola you continue to blame the EU for the policies of successive UK governments, and it appears local councils too. :eek
You were given a ball to kick, and like many others you kicked it hard.  But I’m afraid you’ve kicked the wrong ball.

So tell me how Im better off in the EU then

Still waiting

Still waiting

Still waiting
#

Still waiting

Still waiting  :z

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: 08 January 2019, 07:40:52 pm »
Allegedly, someone has called Anna Soubry a Nartzee, or called her Narsty. Either way, wouldn't one have thought that ones MPs were up for a little name calling? Sticks and stones and all that. Bit over the top to demand the old bill calls out more men on overtime, or pulls them away from crime investigations. I'm sure they could have treated her the same as the rest of us plebs, and given her a crime number.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: 08 January 2019, 07:55:40 pm »

It was out of order the way they were hauranging her. It was akin to intimidation.

So was that idiot that who was insulting Jacob Rees-mogg in front of his family the other month.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: 08 January 2019, 07:58:09 pm »
Jean-Claude Juncker became EC president one year after being more or less forced to resign from his position as president of Luxembourg, following a spying scandal involving the country’s intelligence service. In any country this would usually be considered the point at which your political career dies a quiet death. But the EU welcomed him aboard.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: 08 January 2019, 08:03:30 pm »
The EU regularly treats its Eastern European member states with contempt, sticking its nose into their sovereign matters. Eastern European states’ rejection of mandatory migrant quotas has fuelled tension. But the hectoring goes back much further. In 2006, the elected prime minister of Slovakia was instructed by Brussels to clamp down on political extremism and repress certain ways of thinking. That same year, the prime minister of Poland was forced by Brussels to declare that his government was not homophobic or anti-Semitic, and that it would not bring back the death penalty. And in 2011, the EU pressured the Hungarian government into rethinking its new constitution.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: 08 January 2019, 08:05:22 pm »
The EU’s risk-averse regulations are the scourge of innovation – and many are downright barmy. The price of oven gloves shot up this year after EU officials decided they would impose rigorous testing to ensure that they could withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees centigrade. In 2010, EU officials suggested banning diabetics from driving. Luckily, this ridiculous rule was never enforced.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: 08 January 2019, 08:08:02 pm »
When it comes to ignoring the democratic will of its member states, the EU has form. Its rejection of the Greek No vote in 2015 is just the tip of the iceberg. After Ireland voted to reject the Lisbon Treaty in 2008 it was forced to vote again. Under heavy pressure and borderline financial blackmail, it voted to wave it through the following year. This was the second time the Irish had been forced into a do-over. In 2002, a second referendum was held on the Treaty of Nice, after it was originally rejected in 2001. In 2005, the French rejected the EU Constitution, which was then promptly rebranded the Lisbon Treaty and pushed through the French parliament in 2009 by then president Nicolas Sarkozy.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: 08 January 2019, 08:11:46 pm »
EU officials are not shy about letting EU citizens know what they really think of them. Following the Brexit vote, European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker rejected British Leave voters’ capacity for independent thought by claiming we’d been brainwashed by ‘40 years of lies’. According to Juncker, the vote showed ‘something was wrong in Britain’. It has similarly libelled French, Irish and Dutch people as ‘ignorant’ when they voted against EU treaties.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: 08 January 2019, 08:17:47 pm »

i'll add a couple.
I intensely dislike bullies, and think you should stand up to them rather than keep acquiescing to them.
I intensely dislike being under the jack boot of jumped up nobodies from another country who I didn't know, let alone vote to govern me.
I intensely dislike patriotism being likened to racism/xenophobia

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: 08 January 2019, 08:18:47 pm »
Also the EU has just told Italy to redo their budget because the EU did not like it.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: 08 January 2019, 08:20:08 pm »
Many in the Remain camp claim that leaving the EU is simply a xenophobic excuse for closing borders and stopping immigration. But while the EU offers free movement to those within its borders, those outside are treated brutally. According to the Overseas Development Institute, Europe spent over €17 billion to curb migration between 2014 and 2016. By far the largest chunk of money, €15.3 billion, was spent outside of Europe – in many cases paying off African dictators to keep black migrants Thousands of immigrants have perished trying to cross into Europe illegally. More than [/size]2,500 people[/color][/size] died trying to cross the Mediterranean between January and May this year, according to the United Nations refugee agency. During the same period last year, 1,855 people died. This is the direct result of a migration policy that is not only restrictive, but openly discriminatory.

« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 08:21:52 pm by dazza »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: 08 January 2019, 08:23:11 pm »
EU officials are not shy about letting EU citizens know what they really think of them. Following the Brexit vote, European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker rejected British Leave voters’ capacity for independent thought by claiming we’d been brainwashed by ‘40 years of lies’. According to Juncker, the vote showed ‘something was wrong in Britain’. It has similarly libelled French, Irish and Dutch people as ‘ignorant’ when they voted against EU treaties.

That's what I really detest about the EU. No 'dissent' is allowed. No other opinion is entertained. If you don't agree and accept the EU's way you must be stark raving mad or brainwashed. The EU cannot be wrong.It gives me the creeps :thumbdown

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: 08 January 2019, 08:23:52 pm »
Not only has the EU wrecked the economies of its own member states, Africa gets it in the neck, too. The EU’s Common Agricultural Policy provides subsidies for the EU’s biggest landowners. This means the EU can export heavily subsidised food into Africa, ruining local trade for farmers who have to compete with the low prices. Meanwhile, EU restrictions on imports cost African countries millions.
As Brian Denny, spokesman for Trade Unionists Against the EU, has [/size]noted[/color][/size]: ‘Mozambique loses more than £100million a year because of restrictions on importing into the EU, coupled with the dumping of cheap exports at its door, while many thousands of workers in Swaziland have lost their jobs because the local industry cannot compete.’
« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 08:25:15 pm by dazza »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: 08 January 2019, 08:26:15 pm »
Blimey go for it dazza, you're on a roll tonight :lol