Date: 26-04-24  Time: 06:10 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 223949 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1300 on: 05 January 2019, 01:56:55 pm »
How much of a "say" does the UK actually have in anything EU related anyway.
As has already been pointed out, our MEP's proportionally have as much say as any other EU state. You don't join a club and expect to write all the rules.
unfortunately the majority don't share your belief in this dysfunctional bureaucracy,

Well 37% of the electorate didn't 2 and a half years ago, after being lied to and subject to an illegal campaign.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 05 January 2019, 02:27:35 pm »
How much of a "say" does the UK actually have in anything EU related anyway.
As has already been pointed out, our MEP's proportionally have as much say as any other EU state. You don't join a club and expect to write all the rules.
So our sphere of influence and the famous "say" in the EU is 1/28th.
Cam-moron showed us just how much influence the UK has when he went with a begging bowl asking for some scraps to give to the British public to try and prevent a referendum when even armed with the threat of a referendum they told him to "Va te faire foutre".
 And VNA - no need to reply with the usual boring mantra that it was all about the Tories.

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 05 January 2019, 02:33:02 pm »

I was a remainer and still am,
All you leavers can go fuck yourselves!

A very helpful and thought provoking enlightened intelligent post. Thank you.

If most of the previous ones are anything to go by, what did you expect? :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 05 January 2019, 02:36:21 pm »
Nope, much better than that

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 05 January 2019, 02:39:09 pm »
Actually I'll correct that. We've only had 72. Farage could hardly be bothered to turn up, despite being paid.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 05 January 2019, 03:25:38 pm »
Nope, much better than that
So how does that fit with your statement
our MEP's proportionally have as much say as any other EU state.
So now you are trying to say we get more of a say. You really are confused. And if we do have so much of a say -as you say we have then how did that help cam-moron and just look how well May is getting on, they just spit at her and call her "nebulas" .The "we have a say" is vastly overestimated and always gets rolled out as a reason to stay. 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 05 January 2019, 03:51:36 pm »
So how does that fit with your statement [/size]

our MEP's proportionally have as much say as any other EU state.

So now you are trying to say we get more of a say. You really are confused.

Look it's quite simple. Let me do the arithmetic for you  :rolleyes
You said 'our' (by that I assume you mean the UK) say was 1/28th, which is about 3.5%.
I pointed out we have 73MEPs out of 751 in total, which is about 9.7%.
9.7 is more than 3.5.
But each individual UK MEP has as much say as any other MEP. Apart from Nigel of course.
QED  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 05 January 2019, 04:01:39 pm »
So our much touted "say" in the EU that will be disastrous to loose if we leave amounts to 9.7%.  :rolleyes

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 05 January 2019, 04:32:33 pm »
unfortunately the majority don't share your belief in this dysfunctional bureaucracy,
Well 37% of the electorate didn't 2 and a half years ago, after being lied to and subject to an illegal campaign.

Which of course is to imply that this minority of the electorate have unfairly imposed their will over everyone else :rolleyes
If Remain had won by the same margin there wouldn't be any such griping you can bet your bottom dollar on that ;)
The turnout was 72.2%. That was huge. If 27.8% of those eligible to vote can't be bothered to walk down to their village hall and put a cross in a box that's their choice. They are clearly happy to let the rest of us to decide for them. Remainers often try to include those who didn't vote in their statistics in order to give them a false boost.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 05 January 2019, 05:23:17 pm »

Its a big red herring to keep repeating the mantra that whilst out we will loose our "say" in the EU. How much of a "say" does the UK actually have in anything EU related anyway.And the point of being out is that just like the rest of the world WE will be able to decide on our own standards that are fit for our own purpose and if an EU one is fit for our purpose then we will use that. Why is that so bad.
I think maybe this comes back to the English imperialistic thinking.  Where everything is seen as a potential battle, an all or nothing mentality – we rule(d) the world – victory at all costs - what? what?
Whereas the reality is the EU is economic union in which all have a say and agreement is reached by consensus.  (one wonders if consensus really is in the English dictionary).
I don’t think we will ever get through to you fazersharp the near miracle of 28 sovereign states trading as one.  The phenomenal savings that result in this creation.  Not to mention the idea of the UK setting it’s own standards, well in today’s modern world that generally is just is not going  happen.
The EU accounts for 25% of global GDP.  And of course we get a further 50 free trade agreements via the EU.  You quite literally have to almost be completely and utterly mad to walk away from that.  Or at least very rich.  Sadly I'm not rich - are you?

So our much touted "say" in the EU that will be disastrous to loose if we leave amounts to 9.7%.  :rolleyes

Aside from that is not how the EU operates, if you wish to view it as crudely as that, it goes from 100% :eek to 0% :eek because we have a veto. :eek

« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 05:24:33 pm by VNA »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 05 January 2019, 05:27:04 pm »
Don't drop in this thread very often even though started it as a p*ss take of 2 certain members. We are now 52 pages in and for the last 30 or so pages they have not said any thing new or sensible. Will drop in again after another 10/20 pages see if they have found something more sensible to say or some cartoons that are remotely amusing. All the best for the new year as a free independent nation. again.
It's your thread Steve.
Not only that it might just turn out to be the most popular thread of 2019 on foc-u.
So yeah - foc-u mate :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 05 January 2019, 05:42:27 pm »

I have just been reading through the whole post again,

Confirmation, if any was ever needed, that yardin is indeed 100% insane. :lol

I personally think that Mrs May is doing a great job with the whole crock of shit that she inherited, she herself was not a leaver but has had to accept what the general idiots populace of this country asked for
I tend to agree with you – to some extent – the country ask the government to do something very stupid – and May is indeed acting accordingly.   As Mr Corbyn said - stupid woman :eek   

very best with a bunch of fucking wankers in both parties trying their very best to scupper the process and also assassinate her in the process.
But I’ll disagree with that bit.  I mean really :rolleyes   It’s the not the job of opposing parties to do the work of the government.  This should have potentially been nipped in the bud almost two years ago.  Labour should have stood it’s ground and moved to vote down article 50. 

We could potentially have avoided this whole mess.
I have been trying to get them to see sense.  Get them back on board.  But yeah OK.

My country voted decisively to REMAIN.  I expect The Scottish Parliament and our Scottish MPs at Westminster to do everything within their power to stop this BREXIT madness.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 05 January 2019, 07:49:28 pm »
So our much touted "say" in the EU that will be disastrous to loose if we leave amounts to 9.7%.
Well you suggested it was only 3.5%. As said, the idea of a 'Union' is that no one member gets to decide all the rules.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 05 January 2019, 07:54:29 pm »
Which of course is to imply that this minority of the electorate have unfairly imposed their will over everyone else If Remain had won by the same margin there wouldn't be any such griping you can bet your bottom dollar on that  The turnout was 72.2%. That was huge. If 27.8% of those eligible to vote can't be bothered to walk down to their village hall and put a cross in a box that's their choice. They are clearly happy to let the rest of us to decide for them. Remainers often try to include those who didn't vote in their statistics in order to give them a false boost.

Just pointing out that the majority of the electorate didn't vote 'not to share our belief in this dysfunctional bureaucracy'
Anyway, notice you haven't challenged the bit about lies and illegality. They may well have affected the result.
Therefore, time to vote again  :)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 05 January 2019, 08:07:57 pm »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 05 January 2019, 08:18:36 pm »
Which of course is to imply that this minority of the electorate have unfairly imposed their will over everyone else If Remain had won by the same margin there wouldn't be any such griping you can bet your bottom dollar on that  The turnout was 72.2%. That was huge. If 27.8% of those eligible to vote can't be bothered to walk down to their village hall and put a cross in a box that's their choice. They are clearly happy to let the rest of us to decide for them. Remainers often try to include those who didn't vote in their statistics in order to give them a false boost.

Just pointing out that the majority of the electorate didn't vote 'not to share our belief in this dysfunctional bureaucracy'
Anyway, notice you haven't challenged the bit about lies and illegality. They may well have affected the result.
Therefore, time to vote again  :)

In how many refrendums/elections do the victors receive the votes of over 50% of those eligible to vote?.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 05 January 2019, 08:38:06 pm »
Using the EU referendum as an exemplar there's 3 ways of looking at the result. The first one is the only accurate, representative figure. Remain like to use either 2) or 3) in order to misrepresent the truth and 'bolster' their case.

1) The Remain/Leave vote share based on those who actually took part in the vote (the commonly quoted 52%/48%).
2) The Leave vote share based on those who were eligible to vote.
3) The Leave vote share based on the population as a whole.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 08:39:39 pm by YamFazFan »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 05 January 2019, 09:17:03 pm »
Northern Ireland Voted to REMAIN
    Leave  44.2%   349,442 VOTES     Remain 55.8%   440,707 VOTES

Scotland Voted to REMAIN
    Leave  38.0%   1,018,322 VOTES     Remain 62.0%   1,661,191 VOTES

Two out of the four countried in this union clearly voted to REMAIN.    What about their voice in this union.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 05 January 2019, 09:27:40 pm »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 05 January 2019, 09:39:37 pm »

I personally think that Mrs May is doing a great job with the whole crock of shit that she inherited, she herself was not a leaver but has had to accept what the general idiots populace of this country asked for
I tend to agree with you – to some extent – the country ask the government to do something very stupid – and May is indeed acting accordingly.   As Mr Corbyn said - stupid woman :eek   

very best with a bunch of fucking wankers in both parties trying their very best to scupper the process and also assassinate her in the process.
But I’ll disagree with that bit.  I mean really :rolleyes   It’s the not the job of opposing parties to do the work of the government.  This should have potentially been nipped in the bud almost two years ago.  Labour should have stood it’s ground and moved to vote down article 50. 

I have been trying to get them to see sense.  Get them back on board.  But yeah OK.

My country voted decisively to REMAIN.  I expect The Scottish Parliament and our Scottish MPs at Westminster to do everything within their power to stop this BREXIT madness.

Well it's good to know that there is a smidgen of consensus between us, but I am not going to dwell on it.

I should have edited my post as there was something that I think (On reflection) was not thoroughly thought out, and therefore was erroneous, that was the bit about the leavers fucking themselves, in fact I think they might have fucked us all.

I would urge some of the readers and posters not to take this banter to seriously, because that is what a lot of it is banter as i am always looking for a response, and my goodness the baited hook certainly gets some bites, you see the float bobbing and disappearing all the time.  :pokefun
I honestly think that a few in here would not last 5 minutes working with a gang of brickies or ground workers, no sense of humour and take themselves all to seriously.

Especially ole Coco the Clown, I think you know who you are   :pokefun chill a bit FFS. The forum is meant to be fun and a crack. There are a lot of good and helpful posts that informative, I have been helped on a number of occasions with advice about suspension and speed sensors and the front sprocket and upgrade nut and the like, also, biker clothing and skid lids, but I am not expecting the hairy arsed bikers in here to sort out the detail of Brexit FFS, we cant even agree on what the best tyre is or who manufactures the best braided brake lines. :finger
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 09:47:44 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 05 January 2019, 09:49:42 pm »
Everyone know the answers to those questions, Bridgestone, Hell, and Remain.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 05 January 2019, 10:05:47 pm »
I have been helped on a number of occasions with advice about suspension and speed sensors and the front sprocket and upgrade nut and the like, also, biker clothing and skid lids,
All CE marked I hope.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 05 January 2019, 10:40:17 pm »

Well it's good to know that there is a smidgen of consensus between us, but I am not going to dwell on it.

I should have edited my post as there was something that I think (On reflection) was not thoroughly thought out, and therefore was erroneous, that was the bit about the leavers fucking themselves, in fact I think they might have fucked us all.

I would urge some of the readers and posters not to take this banter to seriously, because that is what a lot of it is banter as i am always looking for a response, and my goodness the baited hook certainly gets some bites, you see the float bobbing and disappearing all the time.  :pokefun
I honestly think that a few in here would not last 5 minutes working with a gang of brickies or ground workers, no sense of humour and take themselves all to seriously.

Especially ole Coco the Clown, I think you know who you are   :pokefun chill a bit FFS. The forum is meant to be fun and a crack. There are a lot of good and helpful posts that informative, I have been helped on a number of occasions with advice about suspension and speed sensors and the front sprocket and upgrade nut and the like, also, biker clothing and skid lids, but I am not expecting the hairy arsed bikers in here to sort out the detail of Brexit FFS, we cant even agree on what the best tyre is or who manufactures the best braided brake lines. :finger

You don't by any chance wear comedy socks and ties do you tommyardin?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 05 January 2019, 11:03:47 pm »
Dazza, no it's not Merkel who is with Hitler, it's your mate Steven Yaxley Lennon. Much more in common  :pokefun

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 05 January 2019, 11:08:45 pm »
Trouble is, May called a general election when she didn't need to, lost her majority, then had to buddy up to the DUP who are holding her to ransom over her deal. So some of her problems are of her own making.