Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:48 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 210055 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #875 on: 13 December 2018, 07:47:24 am »

If The EU are at all reasonable or sensible they'll try to accommodate Mrs May's requirements to give her deal a chance of getting through Parliament now.

I don't hold out much hope of that though :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 13 December 2018, 10:25:40 am »
If The EU are at all reasonable or sensible they'll try to accommodate Mrs May's requirements to give her deal a chance of getting through Parliament now.
I don't hold out much hope of that though

I'm not sure what more they can do. According to the UK it's all about the 'backstop', which is just about putting off the exit. What the EU are saying is for the UK to ditch it unilaterally would cause a (later) 'no deal' /hard border exit, if that's what we want. It's totally up to the UK. Nothing for the EU to concede.
This is all about May trying to convince Parliament that there is something to be gained. The numbers still don't add up. When she goes back to Parliament after Xmas and fails to get her deal through, Labour will call for a no confidence vote. The DUP will have given up on her and she may well lose that. Article 50 postponed, General Election.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 13 December 2018, 10:28:00 am »

Time fae a funny,

Well get on with it then :rolleyes . We're still waiting fae the funny.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 13 December 2018, 10:42:44 am »
OK I'll give it a go.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 13 December 2018, 11:01:33 am »

That's Juncker's breakfast isn't it?. Well, minus the 'food' :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 13 December 2018, 11:05:59 am »

I've got a good one...."This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide".
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 13 December 2018, 11:52:48 am »
You've forgotten to add   ''....... if only we could work out what that is ''  :'(

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 13 December 2018, 02:08:37 pm »

Perhaps you are having a sense of humour failure YamFazFan.
I’ll see if I can help;

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 13 December 2018, 04:58:53 pm »

Perhaps you are having a sense of humour failure YamFazFan.
I’ll see if I can help;

No. Ta for trying, but it's still not revived my sense of humour :\ .
Try a funny from the other side. See if that works ;) .

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 13 December 2018, 06:11:34 pm »
No. Ta for trying, but it's still not revived my sense of humour :\ .
Try a funny from the other side. See if that works ;) .

Well go on then........give us a laugth.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 13 December 2018, 06:12:31 pm »
Meanwhile;

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 14 December 2018, 06:13:59 am »

It's clear that The EU want May's deal to fail. They're hoping that there's going to be a second referendum and The UK goes crawling back to them with Its tail between its legs.

We should just come out with No Deal now.

NO second referendum.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 14 December 2018, 07:44:57 am »

It's clear that The EU want May's deal to fail. They're hoping that there's going to be a second referendum and The UK goes crawling back to them with Its tail between its legs.

We should just come out with No Deal now.

NO second referendum.

Yes, time to call their bluff. If they've made it clear there is no more negotiation time to walk away, there's a lot that can happen between now and the 29th of March 2019.
May and her advisers need to learn how to play hardball with these Jokers.

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 14 December 2018, 10:39:07 am »

I see The Blair Creature is calling for a second referendum now. Bet Remain are glad they've got him on the team :lol .

Why do Remainers keep saying that Leavers didn't know what they were voting for?. They voted Remain. How would they know :rolleyes .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 14 December 2018, 12:11:40 pm »
Because Remainers knew exactly what they were voting for. Unfortunately the question `Leave ' should have been amended to' Leave and then what?  '. It didn't say' Leave with no deal'. Parliament won't pass a No Deal exit however much people squeal.
The blame for this rejection is purely on May not the EU. She knew where they stood. It was just a delaying tactic to avoid the defeat in Parliament.
My prediction is still
1 Defeat for her deal in Parliament
2. Labour calls No Confidence vote in Parliament
3. She loses
4. Article 50 Postponed
All she's done is delay it until after the new year. Just watch.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 14 December 2018, 12:39:03 pm »
As predicted they have thrown May back in the channel just like they did with Cam-moron and not only that they slapped her in the face as they pushed her.You cannot negotiate with these people while you have promised them 35b.
 NO DEAL we will leave on WTO rules and we negotiate from that position - they get NO 35b and if they want any of it then they will have to give us what we want for every £ of it. 

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 14 December 2018, 01:51:29 pm »
Because Remainers knew exactly what they were voting for. Unfortunately the question `Leave ' should have been amended to' Leave and then what?  '. It didn't say' Leave with no deal'. Parliament won't pass a No Deal exit however much people squeal.
The blame for this rejection is purely on May not the EU. She knew where they stood. It was just a delaying tactic to avoid the defeat in Parliament.
My prediction is still
3. She loses
4. Article 50 Postponed

I disagree completely. We knew what we wanted just as much as remainers did. Your taking this whole argument back to "we voted to remain because we are clever. you voted to leave because you are stupid/racist etc etc". why don't you just say it straight out? BTW Most of us who voted to leave don't give a monkeys what it takes to get out. we voted to get out and thats pretty much it. Whatever my reasons, or anybody elses who voted to leave are, they are exactly that. My reasons. Ill stand by them whatever the outcome. Not because Im stupid/racist/xenophobic etc. But because I had a vote like everybody else, and I used it as I thought best.
Thats been one of the biggest differences between the remain/leave argument. Leavers have attacked the EU. Remainers have attacked Leavers. Its as though remainers have some sort of massive sense of self righteous entitlement to adopt the high ground. You should really look at how that worked out for the EU.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 14 December 2018, 05:46:00 pm »
Agree wholeheartedly with Ogri/fazersharp/yamfazfa/celticdog. Time to walk away. The EU seeks to see us as unsuccessful, as a warning to those other states who may at some point consider leaving. I we switch to WTO trade, then so be it. I voted out, not because I'm stupid and don't understand politics or economics, but because I believe it would be better for us as a nation. I still do.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 14 December 2018, 06:27:49 pm »

My reasons. Ill stand by them whatever the outcome.
But like most other BREXITEERS you haven’t given any reasons.  I mean so far we have;

BREXITEER foccers reasons for leaving the EU are
1.        Day light running lights
2.       Curved bananas
3.       Dazza’a Great Grandfather got shot in the leg by a German 100 years ago.

And at the end of the day this is still all about the Tories.  The referendum was offered on the basis of killing UKIP and wining an election.
I watched a bit of Question Time last night.  And what I saw was two Tory MP’s fighting with each other on the UK’s most popular politics programme.

Meanwhile May has just seemingly discovered that what she has been telling us all for the last fortnight is in fact true.  After over 2 years of negotiating a deal – she got a deal – 27 countries and May agreed it – and May told us this is the deal.  Yup it still is the deal.

I we switch to WTO trade, then so be it. I voted out, not because I'm stupid and don't understand politics or economics, but because I believe it would be better for us as a nation.
You believe it would be better?  In what way?  The Bank of England forecasts a financial crises worse than that of 2008 in the event of a NO DEAL BREXIT.  An economic crash.  A fall in GDP of around 8%.  7.5% rise in unemployment.

But then you can all spout on about a NO DEAL BREXIT all you want, when the reality is that parliament will act to stop it.  There are only 2 or 3 dozen MP’s that would entertain a NO DEAL BREXIT.  So forget NO DEAL – it will not happen.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 14 December 2018, 06:40:48 pm »
Here is my prediction....

Scotland is going to break away from the mainland and drift up towards the Arctic ( where it belongs) and on certain nights, when atmospheric conditions are just right, you can just make out the squeaky little voice of VNA banging on about how thick all Brexiteers are whilst he's being haunted by my Great Grandad jabbing him in the arse with his bayonet.

Tommy Robinson is going to move up the ranks in UKIP and become prime minister.

And mtread is going to be sentenced to life imprisonment in solitary confinement without parole(effectively throwing away the key) for daring to suggest the new facist prime minister should be locked up indefinitely.

Meanwhile under WTO rules  the UK is doing very nicely thank you but as usual, we the people will just continue to be free range humans on a tax farm. :D

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 14 December 2018, 06:49:03 pm »

My prediction is still
 3. She loses
 4. Article 50 Postponed

You may be right, however what happens after that?

The DUP would have to vote against the government.  Even if the government is voted down, they have two weeks to call a second vote – two weeks to strike a deal with the DUP.

Even if the government fails, a general election throws the country into turmoil.  There is also a saying that Juncker always gets what he wants.  I think it would be extraordinary, but there is a the risk that the EU would refuse to suspend article 50 (I think they will be happy to do so) – this would then force MP’s to call an emergency vote to cancel article 50 therefore binning BREXIT.

I don’t see that working out in the long term.  It’s like the Tories changing the Prime Minister – new face – same problem.  A general election – new government – same problem.   

I think we are heading for a temporary cross-party government.  Or at least a cross party committee to solve BREXIT. 

So vote of No Confidence (won with Labour doing a deal with the DUP) – article 50 suspended – a cross party committee set up with the DUP holding a guarantee that the Good Friday Agreement will not be undermined in any shape or form.

And hopefully a New Deal based around single market membership.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 14 December 2018, 06:54:07 pm »
Time fae another funny :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 14 December 2018, 07:31:54 pm »
Prior to EU membership, i never had to pay 20% tax on anything i bought
That’s incorrect, as I’ve pointed out before VAT replaced the purchase tax in the UK.
So tell me again, how I'm better off in the EU
Agricola you continue to blame the EU for the policies of successive UK governments, and it appears local councils too. :eek
You were given a ball to kick, and like many others you kicked it hard.  But I’m afraid you’ve kicked the wrong ball.

So tell me how Im better off in the EU then

Still waiting

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 14 December 2018, 07:41:15 pm »
You believe it would be better?  In what way?  The Bank of England forecasts a financial crises worse than that of 2008 in the event of a NO DEAL BREXIT.  An economic crash.  A fall in GDP of around 8%.  7.5% rise in unemployment.

You still don't get it do you, we don't care if we are poorer (in financial terms ) in the short term. And this is why that scaremongering is does not work, the people who have voted to leave mostly have lost jobs before - have faced hardship and got through it. The remainers on the other hand don't want their comfortable lives with jobs for life to change -they have never experienced tough times, a lot of the issues that people voted to leave for simply never touch their comfy lives and they want to stay in the EU purely for their own personal pockets.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 14 December 2018, 08:03:17 pm »

You still don't get it do you, we don't care if we are poorer (in financial terms ) in the short term.  And this is why that scaremongering is does not work, the people who have voted to leave mostly have lost jobs before - have faced hardship and got through it.

So you want to trash the economy, create a financial crises, create mass unemployment, increase the wealth gap, impose poverty on millions, and for what?  No I don't get it.  Turkeys voting for Christmas.

And apparently because you don’t like daylight running lights and graded bananas, both of which will still be with us after we ‘leave’ (if we leave). :eek :eek
That sure makes sense Fazersharp. :'(
The remainers on the other hand don't want their comfortable lives with jobs for life to change -they have never experienced tough times
I think you mean Jacob Rees Mogg, Boris, David Davis, Gove, Leadsom and so forth.  They will not face any hardship whatsoever.  They will prosper at your expense.  This is simply the continuation of the project Thatcher started in 1979.  Remember 4 million unemployed?