Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:12 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 210041 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #750 on: 06 December 2018, 04:12:46 pm »
 So, so far the BREXITEER foccers reasons for leaving the EU are
1.        Day light running lights
2.       Curved bananas
3.       Dazza’a Great Grandfather got shot in the leg by a German 100 years ago.

Anything else?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 06 December 2018, 04:21:56 pm »
2.       Curved bananas
3.       Dazza’a Great Grandfather got shot in the leg by a German 100 years ago.

Anything else?

:z
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 06 December 2018, 04:28:35 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 06 December 2018, 04:36:51 pm »
So here's the possibe options as we stand today.
Note - this may all change at a moments notice. :lol

May’s deal passes A political shock: Theresa May squeaks over the line after convincing Brexiteers that it was her deal or no Brexit — and Remainers that it was her deal or a no-deal Brexit. The DUP then rains on May’s parade. Seething over the backstop, it declares that the confidence and supply agreement is over for good. This scenario could involve delaying the initial vote in the hope this gives MPs time to come around.

It passes on a second vote Theresa May’s deal fails to pass first time round by 50 votes. Insisting Nothing Has Changed, the Prime Minister flies to an EU council meeting the following day where she wins some ‘clarifications’ for wavering MPs. The markets start to get jittery about no deal and sterling falls. Nervous MPs begrudgingly vote the deal through. Ministers refer to this as the TARP method, in reference to the market panic which helped the US government push its 2008 bank bailout through Congress.

EEA membership When the withdrawal agreement returns for a second vote, MPs add an amendment instructing the government to negotiate a Norway-style Brexit which would see the UK enter the EEA — the thinking being that this avoids the perils of the backstop. Remain-minded cabinet members support this safer option, as do a chunk of Tory MPs, Labour MPs and the DUP, because Northern Ireland would not be treated differently. May’s position becomes untenable as EEA membership means the continuation of freedom of movement: her one remaining Brexit red line.

Early election The Prime Minister’s deal loses by more than 100 votes. As civil war breaks out in the Tory party (again), Labour makes its play for an early election and tries to defeat the government in a confidence motion. Angered over the backstop, the DUP say they will vote with opposition MPs unless the Tories agree to change tack. May refuses, the motion passes and the Commons has 14 days to approve a new government — perhaps the Tories led by a DUP-friendly leader like Boris Johnson. However, any Tory Brexiteer promising to ditch the backstop and pursue a hard Brexit loses the backing of pro-Remain Tories like Anna Soubry and Dominic Grieve. The country goes to the polls.

Second referendum There is no consensus on a way forward. MPs ask whether the only way to break the deadlock is to go back to the people. Cross-party MPs tied to the People’s Vote campaign say they will vote for the government’s deal on the condition it is put to a public vote — with Remain on the ballot paper. Brexiteers ponder whether the only way left to get a proper Brexit is to win another referendum. Desperate to break the impasse, May says she will take her deal to a vote. Fights ensue over what the question should be. Article 50 is suspended to make time for a second referendum.

No-deal Brexit The government’s Brexit deal is rejected across the House. MPs then spend the next eight weeks bickering about the varying merits of EEA membership, a second referendum and revoking Article 50. May faces a challenge over her leadership from MPs who blame her for the mess. No consensus can be found, the clock ticks on and time runs out: the UK leaves on WTO terms. A belated attempt at a negotiated no deal gets under way to allow planes to fly, citizens to travel and goods to flow between the UK and the Continent.

No Brexit After May’s historic defeat, the letters go in and Theresa May loses a confidence vote. Concluding this is not a time for partisan politics, cross-party MPs come together and form a government of ‘national unity’. Their first step? To revoke Article 50 and cancel Brexit — at least until an alternative plan is decided.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/12/war-gaming-the-brexit-vote-seven-scenarios-for-what-happens-next/
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 04:38:45 pm by VNA »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 06 December 2018, 04:57:57 pm »
2.       Curved bananas

Anything else?
And that just goes to prove what kind of person you are.
You can trivialise it if you like. He was lucky to survive.
Do you know what sort of an injury a high velocity round causes.
He almost lost his leg and was lucky not to lose his life.
I think only you would stoop as low as to try and make a personal comment towards my Great Grandfather.
There are plenty of other things you could have mentioned to make your point.

I'm not going to rise to the provocation because it's just the Internet and to be honest I feel quite sorry for you.
Anyone who carries as much VeNom As you do and obviously takes great delight in insulting people and calling everyone they don't agree with racists can't be very happy.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 06 December 2018, 05:01:58 pm »
And that just goes to prove what kind of person you are.
You can trivialise it if you like. He was lucky to survive.
Do you know what sort of an injury a high velocity round causes.
He almost lost his leg and was lucky not to lose his life.
I think only you would stoop as low as to try and make a personal comment towards my Great Grandfather.
There are plenty of other things you could have mentioned to make your point.
You did state it was one reason you wanted to leave the EU.
Anyone who carries as much VeNom As you do and obviously takes great delight in insulting people and calling everyone they don't agree with racists can't be very happy.
Really :eek :eek

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 06 December 2018, 05:05:07 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 06 December 2018, 07:13:33 pm »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 06 December 2018, 09:19:35 pm »
Daylight Running Lights. If the EU make them compulsory for new cars,  do you really think we wouldn't if we left the EU? Are motor manufacturers really going to the expense of  making special editions without them just for the UK?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 06 December 2018, 09:25:22 pm »
Yesterday ----- Macron backs down on fuel tax
You mean the same equalisation of diesel and petrol duties we have had in the UK for the last 40 odd years?
Also worth pointing out Fuel Duties are nothing to do with the EU.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 06 December 2018, 09:27:53 pm »
Daylight Running Lights. If the EU make them compulsory for new cars,  do you really think we wouldn't if we left the EU? Are motor manufacturers really going to the expense of  making special editions without them just for the UK?
No of course not  :rolleyes I was asked for a law I did not like and I gave one.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 06 December 2018, 09:48:06 pm »
Yesterday ----- Macron backs down on fuel tax
Also worth pointing out Fuel Duties are nothing to do with the EU.
Never said they were anything to do with the EU - no wonder you didn't understand what the bus said.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 06 December 2018, 10:14:49 pm »

I bet all of the sailors mutinied when they found out that he'd drunk that barrel of rum dry ;) . Mind you credit where it's due, he's done well to hold that plank steady considering  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 06 December 2018, 10:29:21 pm »
No of course not  I was asked for a law I did not like and I gave one.

There are lots of UK laws I'm not too keen on!

Never said they were anything to do with the EU - no wonder you didn't understand what the bus said.

But this is a Brexit thread, so you did a thread  :hijack    and I understood the bus lie perfectly  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 06 December 2018, 10:33:48 pm »
No of course not  I was asked for a law I did not like and I gave one.

There are lots of UK laws I'm not too keen on!
Agreed - BUT you can vote out the politicians who made them in this country.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 06 December 2018, 10:38:16 pm »

But this is a Brexit thread, so you did a thread  :hijack    and I understood the bus lie perfectly  :lol

I was going to make a point about laws - EU and in general that it seems only the UK that takes them and abides by them, Doesn't matter EU - or local, if the French don't like em -------they dot get em.The UK has to do what they are told whilst the French do what they like. The French farmers just the same - as is the fishermen.   

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 06 December 2018, 10:56:08 pm »

Quote from: mtread link=topic=24678.msg288523#msg288523 date=[font=verdana
But this is a Brexit thread, so you did a thread  :hijack  [/font]

'and other politics' it said in steve 10562cc's OP :deal

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 06 December 2018, 11:01:19 pm »
Quotes brackets disease strikes again :'(

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 06 December 2018, 11:18:29 pm »
What is the aim of all of these Goebbels-esk propaganda cartoons is it just to name call, wind up, insult every leave voter. Surely the remainers efforts would be better spent trying to gather support for their cause and even try to reverse leave voters opinions rather than mocking the leavers, all you are doing is entrenching the leavers views. 
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 11:28:09 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 06 December 2018, 11:26:31 pm »
Here is my prediction.May's deal will be voted down.
Borris will mount a leadership challenge.
Nigel Farage will become a Lord/knight and enter the government.Borris wins the PM after saying he will call for an election.Labour will agree to one being called
Conservative party will win with the help of Lord Farage.No deal Brexit.We negotiate into the parts of the EU we want from a position of strength.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 06 December 2018, 11:43:01 pm »
Oh My!
This is the first time i have visited this thread for a while now, and, I see it has gone down hill quite rapidly, not that it was very upmarket from in inception. as it was a post for VNA  :eek :eek :eek :lol :lol :lol .

We can pontificate as much as we like, having this opinion and that opinion, but alas it will be done unto you, whether you like it or not.

Do you honestly think that you as a British person (No matter what colour skin you have, even if your from North of the Border and your pale blue) have any more rights or are listened to in this country, than say nationals, Filipinos or Nepalese do in Dubai?
We will be shafted by those in power whether its Theresa, Jeremy or any of the other selfish grabbing bastards that are at the helm. After all we all expected to contribute to Sir Peter Viggers the cost of a £1,645 floating duck-house
Or just to sight another of our ministers that are looking after our and the country's interests, Kitty Ussher this woman resigned as a Treasury minister after avoiding a £17,000 tax bill on the sale of her home.
T
here are different rules for different folk.
Fuck you Jack I'm all right!  :eek

How is that for a hijack? or is that a fuck you hijack?  :'(
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 11:51:35 pm by tommyardin »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 06 December 2018, 11:56:05 pm »
Borris will mount a leadership challenge.

Boris tae the rescue :eek

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 06 December 2018, 11:57:37 pm »
not that it was very upmarket from in inception. as it was a post for VNA  :eek :eek :eek :lol :lol :lol .
Cheeky bastard :foc

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 07 December 2018, 12:13:49 am »
What is the aim of all of these Goebbels-esk propaganda cartoons is it just to name call, wind up, insult every leave voter. Surely the remainers efforts would be better spent trying to gather support for their cause and even try to reverse leave voters opinions rather than mocking the leavers, all you are doing is entrenching the leavers views.
You'd be forgiven for thinking that 'Leave' had lost the referendum wouldn't you?.
'Remain' are now the ones acting victorious and Leave defensive. Obviously that's not how it should be but Remain are full of confidence, even in defeat, because they know that they have the force of the establishment on their side attempting to make every effort to reverse the referendum result. Who can blame Remain for being optimistic?. Not me. I'd be very surprised if we come out. Over 17 million votes and 52% to 48% probably isn't going to sway it ufortunately :\ .
If it had been 52% to Remain it would have been declared a clear victory, end of debate no doubt.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 07 December 2018, 12:23:42 am »
OK