Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:17 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209835 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #350 on: 19 November 2018, 12:02:54 am »
Back to the bias. So Brexiteers, which one is it?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 19 November 2018, 12:07:11 am »
You can presume what you like - ready to invoke Godwin yet?  :rolleyes   
I had to look that up. I'd never heard of that term before and had no idea what it meant.
They refer to it as 'Godwin's Law' on Wikipedia. Interesting. I can understand the context that you've used it in now. I was aware of people using what I now know as 'Godwin's' previously, but didn't know that there was a recognised definition of it.
I'd just interpreted it as sore losers making a desperate attempt to kill an argument they'd lost ;)

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 19 November 2018, 08:27:54 am »

There's an easy answer to this Brexit/remain problem. Give the English people a referendum on remaining in the UK or being an independent country same as the Scottish had' or at least let us have equal  rights to the Scottish, welsh and Ulster our own assembly, so we don't have to listen to to bias and whinning from them.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 19 November 2018, 10:18:24 am »

Has anybody here read the current draft withdrawal agreement? I have, otherwise I'd be relying on other people's biased opinions, or what's written on the side of a bus.

What all 585 pages? :eek . I'd laugh if you got to the end and the last page was missing ;) :lol .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 19 November 2018, 10:25:07 am »
Good one. Somebody probably lit a fag with it or something  ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 19 November 2018, 10:29:35 am »
I've been thinking about this long and hard overnight and had a bit of an epiphany. Looking at all the pros and cons, and all the suggestions on here, particularly Dazza's detailed analysis of Article 24 of the Withdrawal Agreement, and the effect on seasonal EU workers in the agricultural sector, and I'm finally persuaded we ought to Leave :'(

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 19 November 2018, 10:57:52 am »

Good one. Somebody probably lit a fag with it or something  ;)

I knew you'd spot that one. Couldn't resist it ;) .

Everyone else is thinking 'what the foc are they on about?'  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 19 November 2018, 11:04:11 am »

I've been thinking about this long and hard overnight and had a bit of an epiphany. Looking at all the pros and cons, and all the suggestions on here, particularly Dazza's detailed analysis of Article 24 of the Withdrawal Agreement, and the effect on seasonal EU workers in the agricultural sector, and I'm finally persuaded we ought to Leave :'(

I'm sure I own the copyright © to some of that text :rolleyes :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 19 November 2018, 11:18:48 am »
I knew you'd spot that one. Couldn't resist it .Everyone else is thinking 'what the foc are they on about?' 

Yep, that skinny bloke for a start. He could have gone without any hardship whatsoever.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 19 November 2018, 11:40:23 am »
I'm sure I own the copyright © to some of that text [/size] 

OK, so you could always try suing me............ in the European Courts  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 19 November 2018, 01:40:35 pm »

I'm sure I own the copyright © to some of that text  

OK, so you could always try suing me............ in the European Courts  :lol

Hmmm maybe not. I'd had a few too many light ales down at The Hand and Racket that night :o

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 19 November 2018, 03:01:08 pm »
Well stone me. And you a blood doner too  :rolleyes

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 19 November 2018, 03:37:30 pm »
We should treat VNA and mtread with the contempt they deserve and should totally ignore their pathetic ramblings. 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 19 November 2018, 04:05:05 pm »
Ha. Sounds like someone who has lost the argument to me :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 19 November 2018, 04:23:55 pm »

We should treat VNA and mtread with the contempt they deserve and should totally ignore their pathetic ramblings.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? :rolleyes .

You devised the thread so that folk who disliked it being in the What Gets My Goat one didn't have to suffer the distress of reading any of the content.

I'm glad you did. It's currently my favourite thread on here :thumbup

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 19 November 2018, 04:51:46 pm »
The moment VNA described everyone who voted UKIP as a closet racist tells you everything you need to know about the man.
I was going to say he has no understanding of what a racist actually is but that would be untrue..... He only has to look in the mirror and go back and study some of his previous rants on this thread and others to know what a real racist sounds and looks like.
He hates the English and it shows.

This is how I see things.....
I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the whole situation, I would bet good money to say that nobody does.
However, I would liken it to being in a toxic relationship where your identity and personal wellbeing is being eroded away. As well as being a financial drain, you find you are having to do things you don't want to or agree with because your toxic partner and their associates are ganging up on you and think they know best.
You know you need to break free  but the thought of the uncertainty is keeping you from making the break.
You think about all the financial implications of leaving and know for a time you may well be worse off.
BUT......you have to think about the long term plan and getting your personal wellbeing and independence back.
If there's something that they don't like they protest with no regard to how it effects you ( operation stack)
You throw a party and they invite all their freeloading friends who want to eat your food and drink your beer.
Some of them even want to steal from you and tap into your generosity.
Most of them contribute and they are welcome but.......
A small minority want to fucking stab you and set fire to your house and you are powerless because your toxic partner is dictating what you have to put up with.
Fuck, some of them even want to rape and drug my underage daughter !
Bottom line is, I don't have to be a fucking expert to see what is happening to our once great country, I just need to have the courage make the break and take my happiness back.
If that's makes me a racist VNA, them I'm happy to accept your meaningless label.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 19 November 2018, 04:59:11 pm »
I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the whole situation, I would bet good money to say that nobody does.

Hopefully somebody does, otherwise we are in real real trouble :eek

On your other point, obviously true, but reminds me of a phrase I've seen quoted - '' Not all Brexiteers are racist, but all racists are Brexiteers ''
« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 05:03:21 pm by mtread »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 19 November 2018, 05:03:46 pm »
Do you ? Honestly ?
And seriously mtread, as soon as you spout the racist card you lose credibility.
It's not racist to want control of your destiny.
I've experienced racism first hand....In Scotland, Wales, Ireland and on the continent. All against the English.
As a nation we've always welcomed other nationalities and I'm certainly not a racist.
Of course they exist, everywhere. Some are even disguised as liberals and left wingers.
« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 05:15:07 pm by dazza »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 19 November 2018, 05:19:23 pm »
I agree with what you say. But you haven't understood what I said. Read it again.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 19 November 2018, 05:28:48 pm »
I agree with what you say. But you haven't understood what I said. Read it again.
I don't need to read it again to disagree with it.
The claim that all racists are brexiteers couldn't be further from the truth..... Just ask VNA  :lol
(That was tongue in cheek btw)

« Last Edit: 19 November 2018, 05:46:36 pm by dazza »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 19 November 2018, 05:57:06 pm »
And seriously dazza,  as soon as you spout the racist card you lose Credibility :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 19 November 2018, 06:04:43 pm »
 :lol  Knew that was coming  :b

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 19 November 2018, 06:07:36 pm »
The purely technical unbiased view is that we leave without a 'transitional period'. We immediately go onto what is called '3rd Country' terms and trade with the EU as an outside country. Because we haven't joined EFTA or the EEA we would be subject to Customs controls for freight and passengers at all border points. Under EU rules we haven't agreed terms with any other countries, so by 29 March we will have no trade agreements at all, with anybody. I doubt there has been much if any preparation for this.

That's just the Customs side. Similar issues with fishing, agricultural policy, medicines, air traffic, residency rights etc etc etc.

What the consequences of all that is, short term and long term, I'll let you think about.

Has anybody here read the current draft withdrawal agreement? I have, otherwise I'd be relying on other people's biased opinions, or what's written on the side of a bus.
OK. 
So, say the UK crashes out of the UK on the 29th of march 2019.  And say I have a small to medium manufacturing company (I don’t) making say fuel pumps for the auto industry.  I’ve got a number of contracts and one very nice one with a French car maker.  So twice a week I send a big truck full of fuel pumps to France.  I have an ongoing order, x number of pumps per week, top quality and must be delivered on time.  So it’s pretty simple, I send the pumps as asked, and they transfer the funds once a month to the company accounts.  We’re in the single market so it’s no different, apart from the exchange rate, than selling in the UK.  So easy.
My company has had informal reassurance through the industry that No Deal will not happen.  We’ve been told May has given private assurances to the big industry bosses.  Nothing to worry about really.   Competition is stiff and margins are tight, but all is OK. 
Shock horror we crash out of the EU.
I send truck as usual on the 30th of March.  I’ve done exactly as I’ve been doing for years.
So what will happen?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 19 November 2018, 07:44:42 pm »
OK. 
So, say the UK crashes out of the UK on the 29th of march 2019.  And say I have a small to medium manufacturing company (I don’t) making say fuel pumps for the auto industry.  I’ve got a number of contracts and one very nice one with a French car maker.  So twice a week I send a big truck full of fuel pumps to France.  I have an ongoing order, x number of pumps per week, top quality and must be delivered on time.  So it’s pretty simple, I send the pumps as asked, and they transfer the funds once a month to the company accounts.  We’re in the single market so it’s no different, apart from the exchange rate, than selling in the UK.  So easy.
My company has had informal reassurance through the industry that No Deal will not happen.  We’ve been told May has given private assurances to the big industry bosses.  Nothing to worry about really.   Competition is stiff and margins are tight, but all is OK. 
Shock horror we crash out of the EU.
I send truck as usual on the 30th of March.  I’ve done exactly as I’ve been doing for years.
So what will happen?

Ha I've spotted the fatal flaw in your exemplar ;) .
You state that said fuel pumps are top quality.........what are they doing going into French cars then? :lol . It was all very credible up to that point :lol