Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:07 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209633 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #125 on: 05 November 2018, 08:53:43 am »

But I trust that if he's exonerated then the Reamainers are going to accept that result

Of course  :lol I know very well Leave EU wasn't the official Leave campaign, but they were subject to the same Electoral Commission rules as the other campaigns. And it looks very much like they cheated.

I must admit, I would like to see that smug git put away. Best he avoids the showers. There's a big Greek prisoner that would like to have a few words with him :rollin

Blimey you make Judge Jeffries and Matthew Hopkins appear moderate and restrained :lol

You'd have him strapped in the ducking stool and dipped in and out of the river more times than a ducks beak before the NCA had even knocked on the door :lol

Until they've completed their investigations we simply cannot know either way. Like I say, I'd make no predictions whatsoever, but I'll accept their judgment however it turns out.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 05 November 2018, 11:33:19 am »
If found guilty, apply the appropriate punishment. Then let's get on with Brexit. We already know both sides of the campaign were disingenuous. It's no use feigning outrage about it now.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 05 November 2018, 11:58:27 am »
Ah, but only one side (allegedly) actually broke the law :stop
Anyway, he's now a Remainer :)
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1040630/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Arron-Banks-deal-latest-2016-referendum-vote-Theresa-May
Re-run anybody?  :lol
« Last Edit: 05 November 2018, 11:59:02 am by mtread »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 05 November 2018, 01:13:57 pm »

Let's face it, that's all this is about. No one really cares about stupid Aaron Banks.
Dream on!

Besides which, as I have already suggested, he's not on my side, and i'm not on his. He cares about himself, he's wealthy and I'm sure will be just fine in or out of the EU.
« Last Edit: 05 November 2018, 01:19:16 pm by Hedgetrimmer »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 05 November 2018, 09:04:56 pm »

I think I may have some good news for you. I'm not sure where I was or what I was doing when it happpened, but I reckon I've somehow missed a second referendum :eek .
Just caught the end of 'Brexit: What the Nation Really Thinks' on channel 4 and they were showing some Leave/Remain results and declaring a Remain victory and asking the panel what they're next move will be now, accompanied by victorious whooping and hollering from the audience. The presenter looked as pleased as punch and could barely contain his joy.

Looks like we're back in after all :'(

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 05 November 2018, 09:15:34 pm »
Yeah, I kind of half watched that.
People on both sides made some good points. But much was also missed, and some made as clear as mud.

For instance, "do you think Britain will be better or worse off?"
Well, do you mean in the long or short term? Short term, probably a bit worse off. And that's all most people are thinking about. That's not surprising, because they can't accurately predict even the shortest term it seems.
Long term, depends on what sort of governments we have, what happens in the rest of the world...as much potential as anyone else to be better off.
BUT...that's not the point, is it? The point is, we do want to make our own laws, we do want to decide for ourselves who comes in to the country, we do want to cut our own trade deals around the world.

What this just reinforced is that Remain is about business. It is not about people. If you think business is all there is to the world, sure, campaign to remain. But remember that the tendency is for business to benefit fewer and fewer people. It has had long enough, more than long enough, to prove otherwise, if it were going to do so.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 05 November 2018, 09:59:21 pm »
Looks like we're back in after all

You're right I did miss it. I also missed the Strickly Come Dancing result, which probably has about as much legitimacy  :)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 09 November 2018, 08:33:05 pm »

I saw a thing today about a 16 year old giving a speech about 16 year olds getting the right to vote. I think thats ridiculous because they havnt got a clue and don't pay taxes etc etc. But then I would, I'm an old man.
So considering its been my country for nearly sixty years am I right to think like that? I'm starting to think not, in truth. Its gonna be their country for a lot longer than i'll be alive. Ive had my time, but now im in a minority.
And this is what troubles me about Brexit.
I voted to leave and i'll always want that no matter what the consequences. I hated the way the EU treated us so dismissively before the referendum, and then how much further they have taken it since. I hated the way politicians like blair and Cameron simply disregarded that huge majority of us that just wanted them to listen, instead of dictate what we should think and feel, and then brand us as racist, xenophobic fruitcakes for not toeing their company line and agenda, having concerns they considered beneath them to even think about let alone allow discussion.
I freely admit, I want a Britain that is European, just as it always was a long long time before the common market but that still has its own sovereign identity, makes its own laws, and sets out is own boundaries. A Britain that doesn't kneel down and bow submissively before some jumped up power crazed little eurocrat and his ever increasing demands.
But.
A lot of the young seem to want that. Just as a lot of them want that terrorist loving rascally old racist Corbyn running the country. So who am I to want to stop them? it'll be their generation that reaps the whirlwind.
So now, im pretty blasé about all of it. How can you be any different? even if Brexit goes ahead, it wont be the Brexit that 52% of the country voted for. Nobody will win now, no matter what. Nobody will get what they want. Both sides will lose, because the government and those around them, and us as a nation, didn't rise to meet the challenge. Those days are gone. We are a different breed now. I sincerely believe the young don't want to lead, they just want to follow. Thats their choice, its not fr meto decry it.There was a survey the other day that said that four out of ten young people wouldnt fight for their country now.( Im guessing a lot of that is the lefts belief that it isn't our country at all, its anybodies who wants to live here.)
So when retired officers talk about there worries about us having insufficient boats planes tanks soldiers etc in the military, does it matter any more, given that as a nation it would appear we will never stand up and fight again.
Im not having a pop at the left, im really not. They are just as entitled to their opinions as I am mine.
And im not saying id ever do anything other than stand by the decision I made to vote leave.
but what I am saying, is that if thats what the young want, given that its them that will be here after im gone, perhaps thats what they should have.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 09 November 2018, 08:40:09 pm »
ps VNA if you do that thing where you pick out every single sentence from that post and then argue about it, I will personally let down the tyres of every skoda yeti oop north to make sure I get yours.. ;) ;) :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 09 November 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
Tbh, I think Brexit is the least of the worries for the coming generations.
Thank foc we don't live forever!

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 09 November 2018, 08:45:36 pm »
amen to that mate...

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 09 November 2018, 08:48:18 pm »
I've kept out of this so far. 
Just to prove a point. 

A thread Just for VNA..... fuck off   :lol

So I totally agree with Tommy :lol

And I was gonna continue to keep out of it, and anyway the title of the thread pisses me off.

But;

Just as a lot of them want that terrorist loving rascally old racist Corbyn running the country.

What the fuck?  Seriously! 

I dunno what you've been smoking Orgri.  But I can't think of many people who have campaigned against racism and for equality for as long as Mr Corbyn.  Mr Corbyn has spent his whole life campaigning against violence, injustice and war.

Corbyn is one of those rare folks of whom you all complain here does not exist.  He is genuine.  He is not in politics as you say to line his pockets or have a good time.

I mean fuck me, how can you call Mr Corbyn a racist.  Seriously Ogri - get a grip man! :)
« Last Edit: 09 November 2018, 08:49:33 pm by VNA »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 09 November 2018, 08:53:17 pm »
your absolutely right mate, What the hell was I thinking... ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 09 November 2018, 08:56:56 pm »
your absolutely right mate, What the hell was I thinking... ;)

Ah well.  Thank foc fae that.  Glad we got that sorted oot.   VNA can go back tae sleep again.   :z

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 10 November 2018, 01:18:11 am »
Terrorist loving Corbyn? What about that terrorist loving May? Yes that's them - the DUP
https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/adam-ramsay/so-who-are-dup

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 10 November 2018, 08:56:26 am »

I saw a thing today about a 16 year old giving a speech about 16 year olds getting the right to vote. I think thats ridiculous because they havnt got a clue and don't pay taxes etc etc. But then I would, I'm an old man.

In the run up to and since the referendum I heard quite a number of them saying in the media that people over about 40 should be barred from voting.The theory being that the younger voters have got to live with the result for longer and that it's 'Our right to decide our future'

Nothing to do with the fact that older voters tend to vote Leave more and it would be a way of skewing the vote :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 10 November 2018, 02:41:59 pm »
Where did you hear that? I've never heard it.
Anyway, what is a fact is that since the referendum over half a million Leave voters have since died (well that was a waste of their time wasn't it) and more than half a million Remainers have reached voting age.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leave-eu-remain-vote-support-against-poll-uk-europe-final-say-yougov-second-referendum-peter-a8541971.html
And from January it will be a clear win for Remain. Can't wait for the new referendum  :D

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 10 November 2018, 02:43:29 pm »
..its a brave new world... :)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 10 November 2018, 02:50:14 pm »
Where did you hear that? I've never heard it.
Anyway, what is a fact is that since the referendum over half a million Leave voters have since died (well that was a waste of their time wasn't it) and more than half a million Remainers have reached voting age.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leave-eu-remain-vote-support-against-poll-uk-europe-final-say-yougov-second-referendum-peter-a8541971.html
And from January it will be a clear win for Remain. Can't wait for the new referendum  :D

Unfortunately, the EU referendum isn't next January. Tough old life, eh?  :lol

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 10 November 2018, 02:53:30 pm »

I think in the spirit of the centenary of the armistice we should all put down our rifles, meet in no mans land, swap chocolate, ( the smokers can swap fags)and have a friendly " kick about" :) :) :)

With Tony Blairs head... ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 10 November 2018, 04:34:52 pm »
Unfortunately, the EU referendum isn't next January. Tough old life, eh? 

And we won't be leaving the EU in March...... unless May gets a majority in the Commons for her 'deal', which is looking more unlikely by the day  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 10 November 2018, 04:40:08 pm »
Jeez, that was a short armistice!  :lol 

Tbh, I wouldn't want to leave on her terms. I think that's one thing more and more from both sides are in agreement with. So leaving with no deal looks ever more likely.

Thankfully, whatever the foc happens, it'll make little to no difference to me.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 10 November 2018, 05:43:54 pm »
I think that would lead to PM resignation, vote of no confidence, General Election, and we're back to square one.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 10 November 2018, 05:57:50 pm »
I think that would lead to PM resignation, vote of no confidence, General Election, and we're back to square one.

Daft, innit.

Thankfully, it still won't affect me much  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 10 November 2018, 11:08:20 pm »
The whole idea was daft in the first place. Done to silence the Tory right and UKIP once and for all. Except it massively backfired. All about internal Tory party infighting.

And here we are. A split nation with nobody happy....