Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:33 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209710 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #800 on: 10 December 2018, 05:10:07 pm »
Worst case scenario for me is that we have a re run of the brexit vote and we end up remaining. The EU more or less forced Ireland and Denmark to re-run elections as they didn't get the result they wanted.
That's my and others peoples biggest criticism of the EU- it's fundamentally undemocratic. Forget the racist xenophobia and the economic downturn rhetoric it's all a smokescreen. The UK is a tolerant society and still will be after brexit. I'm not sure it's the same in other places, fascism is on the rise- we need to be on our guard. Also, there are plenty of countries in the EU who have economies that are tanking- PIGS- Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain. They don't want us to leave in case others do similar. This cartel has had it's day imho.

excellent post :thumbup

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 10 December 2018, 05:32:30 pm »

Worst case scenario for me is that we have a re run of the brexit vote and we end up remaining. The EU more or less forced Ireland and Denmark to re-run elections as they didn't get the result they wanted.
That's my and others peoples biggest criticism of the EU- it's fundamentally undemocratic. Forget the racist xenophobia and the economic downturn rhetoric it's all a smokescreen. The UK is a tolerant society and still will be after brexit. I'm not sure it's the same in other places, fascism is on the rise- we need to be on our guard. Also, there are plenty of countries in the EU who have economies that are tanking- PIGS- Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain. They don't want us to leave in case others do similar. This cartel has had it's day imho.

excellent post :thumbup

+1 :thumbup

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 10 December 2018, 06:14:37 pm »
Amazing that this morning her ministers were saying that there would be a vote tomorrow.
Yes good luck on renegotiating with Europe (particularly the Irish). Even if she does, she's still got to get it through Parliament.
Bring on the People's Vote (version 2).

Meanwhile the £ goes down, down, down....
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 06:15:55 pm by mtread »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 10 December 2018, 06:21:02 pm »
Woman who keeps changing her mind refuses to give UK chance to change its mind......

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 10 December 2018, 07:30:31 pm »
She will get thrown back in the channel just like Cam-moron did when he went cap in hand to ask for some scraps to try and prevent a referendum in the first place. Given that and the way the UK has been treated during the negotiations.These remainers that say people voted leave to kick the political class ok then the leavers have now got even more reason to kick. For 18 months leavers have been called racist, wanglangers, stupid, thick, old, gamon, how do you remainers think the leavers will react to all of that abuse - I say bring it on lets do it again. But if we do it again and a no deal (leave on WTO ) is not on the ballot along with no brexit then I will be opening a yellow vest shop.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 07:48:55 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 10 December 2018, 07:41:26 pm »

Woman who keeps changing her mind

She's in good company. Lots of those MP's now trying to reverse Brexit voted for both the referendum and to trigger Article 50.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 10 December 2018, 08:05:33 pm »
For 18 months leavers have been called racist, wanglangers, stupid, thick, old, gamon, how do you remainers think the leavers will react to all of that abuse - I say bring it on lets do it again. But if we do it again and a no deal (leave on WTO ) is not on the ballot along with no brexit then I will be opening a yellow vest shop.
For 18 months Remainers have been given just as much abuse. I totally agree, bring it on with only  No Deal /No Brexit on the paper. I think we both agree May's deal, and particularly her tactics for promoting it are shocking.  :eek

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 10 December 2018, 08:06:55 pm »
She will get thrown back in the channel just like Cam-moron did when he went cap in hand to ask for some scraps to try and prevent a referendum in the first place. Given that and the way the UK has been treated during the negotiations.These remainers that say people voted leave to kick the political class ok then the leavers have now got even more reason to kick. For 18 months leavers have been called racist, wanglangers, stupid, thick, old, gamon, how do you remainers think the leavers will react to all of that abuse - I say bring it on lets do it again. But if we do it again and a no deal (leave on WTO ) is not on the ballot along with no brexit then I will be opening a yellow vest shop.

another good post. And if the remainers get their way and our political class bottle it completely and take us crawling back to the EU on our hands and knees, how do They honestly think we would get treated from that point on? 
All we would need then s another election and Corbyn getting in and we would have the full set.
A nation belittled and treated with contempt by the rest of Europe, led by a man who despises it and its people even more than they do.
bring it on..

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 10 December 2018, 08:31:09 pm »

I totally agree, bring it on with only  No Deal /No Brexit on the paper.

I totally disagree. If we can't achieve a satisfactory deal, then it's leave with No Deal.

No second referendum.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 10 December 2018, 10:01:52 pm »
But that won't happen. Parliament will reject it. The only alternative will be to cancel Article 50.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 10 December 2018, 10:34:46 pm »

It's difficult to predict what can or will happen at the moment, the situation is changing fast now.

The country is totally divided on the issue, but if you're interested in these things you can't say it's not more than a little compelling to observe whichever way you lean on the matter :eek

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 10 December 2018, 10:58:51 pm »

For 18 months Remainers have been given just as much abuse. I totally agree, bring it on with only  No Deal /No Brexit on the paper. 
Here are the words been used just on this thread to describe those people who voted leave 
 Stupid
 English fools
Wanglanders
Racist
War mongers
Loonies
Fruitcakes
Liars
Silly
Pig headed
Bonkers
Crazy
Thick
Excitable
Selfish
Dinosaurs
Waffle
Small children
Nobs
Looney toons
Clueless
Xenophobic
Islamophobic
Way to go - remainers, great way to persuade leave voters to change their mind. People do not liked being talked down to by you or the EU and it will be reflected so in a vote.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 11:00:22 pm by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 10 December 2018, 11:42:00 pm »
It's difficult to predict what can or will happen at the moment, the situation is changing fast now.
The country is totally divided on the issue, but if you're interested in these things you can't say it's not more than a little compelling to observe whichever way you lean on the matter

Totally agree. Watching the news tonight in astonishment. Politicians twisting and turning. Hilarious reaction to minister Alan Duncan told by Kuenssberg that May had cancelled the vote. Not often seen a politician lost for words.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 10 December 2018, 11:54:26 pm »
Way to go - remainers, great way to persuade leave voters to change their mind. People do not liked being talked down to by you or the EU and it will be reflected so in a vote.
The only person on here accused of being racist was VNA  :rolleyes  and even that was a joke
« Last Edit: 11 December 2018, 12:11:12 am by mtread »

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #814 on: 11 December 2018, 07:27:59 am »

For 18 months Remainers have been given just as much abuse. I totally agree, bring it on with only  No Deal /No Brexit on the paper. 
Here are the words been used just on this thread to describe those people who voted leave 
 Stupid
 English fools
Wanglanders
Racist
War mongers
Loonies
Fruitcakes
Liars
Silly
Pig headed
Bonkers
Crazy
Thick
Excitable
Selfish
Dinosaurs
Waffle
Small children
Nobs
Looney toons
Clueless
Xenophobic
Islamophobic

I got 19/23 :) guess which way I voted hahaha
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 11 December 2018, 09:26:23 am »

S

I got 19/23 :) guess which way I voted hahaha

Hmmm that's really helped Leave's cause no end :rolleyes .

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 11 December 2018, 09:30:33 am »

Usually you hear Donald Tusk's surname pronounced 'Toosk'.

In The Commons yesterday one of the MP's kept pronouncing it as it looks, Ie as in elephants tusk.

I bet he hates that :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 11 December 2018, 09:35:29 am »
I always pronounce Nigel's name as Faraaarge. Makes him sound more foreign  :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 11 December 2018, 10:20:01 am »

One of the features writers on The Daily Mail is Alice Smellie. You'd have to change that wouldn't you?!. I can just imagine all the sniggering when asked...'Surname please?'.

Cue a totally unrelated, 'trendy', right-on, left wing dig about The Mail :z

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 11 December 2018, 10:27:16 am »
...apologies if there's any Smellies on here by the way ;)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 11 December 2018, 11:47:50 am by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 11 December 2018, 11:53:03 am »

The only person on here accused of being racist was VNA  :rolleyes  and even that was a joke

Than let me remind you.

On your other point, obviously true, but reminds me of a phrase I've seen quoted - '' Not all Brexiteers are racist, but all racists are Brexiteers ''

Oh and talking of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists; 
So it’s now fruitcakes loonies and racists.  I think we can drop the closet bit. :lol

The venue holds 2000 and it was approximately 2 thirds full apparently.It was part of a tour of different venues and it was ticketed. I'd like to see how many remoaners had turned up to the London march if they'd had to pay to get in  .Besides which you're always going to attract more remoaners to these things. They've more of a gripe and they desperately want to reverse the democratic decision.

So 666 (that's ominous isn't it) didn't turn up. Or they were probably out busy setting fire to mosques or something....
And a reminder of a couple of propaganda posters for you.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 11 December 2018, 12:22:46 pm »
One of the features writers on The Daily Mail is Alice Smellie. You'd have to change that wouldn't you?!. I can just imagine all the sniggering when asked...'Surname please?'.
I always fancied Carol Smillie. Is that close enough? :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 11 December 2018, 12:25:42 pm »

I always fancied Carol Smillie.

I still do :b

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 11 December 2018, 12:28:53 pm »
Than let me remind you.
Don't need reminding, and nobody on here has (seriously) been accused. As I said, I've not yet met a racist who voted Remain, but I've met and know lots of Brexiteers who are most certainly not racist.
I think the fact that  UKIP (the only party promoting Leave pre referendum) has appointed Stephen Yaxley Lennon (a known racist) as an advisor, indicates their latest direction.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2018, 12:30:30 pm by mtread »