Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Ais removal

(1/2) > >>

Stinka:
ive done a search and can’t find a guide to removing ais on my 2004 fzs1000

Can I do it With stock pipe on ? Will be getting a slip on and Ivan’s jet kit in due course

Are all the common mods stickied somewhere?

ram:

--- Quote from: Stinka on 29 October 2018, 03:31:47 pm ---ive done a search and can’t find a guide to removing ais on my 2004 fzs1000

Can I do it With stock pipe on ? Will be getting a slip on and Ivan’s jet kit in due course

Are all the common mods stickied somewhere?

--- End quote ---
ais guide here, leaving or removal wont affect ivans kit, but it helps with space for other workhttp://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/airinductionsystemremoval.html

PieEater:

--- Quote from: Stinka on 29 October 2018, 03:31:47 pm ---Are all the common mods stickied somewhere?

--- End quote ---
Yes in the sticky at the top of the 1000 section.

Trebus:
I’d read a few reports where people were nervous about tapping the stubs. Honestly it was really easy, now getting to the plugs is so straightforward.

ProdigalSon:

--- Quote from: Trebus on 29 October 2018, 07:21:22 pm ---I’d read a few reports where people were nervous about tapping the stubs. Honestly it was really easy, now getting to the plugs is so straightforward.

--- End quote ---

I never bothered with that, I bought an Ivans AIS block off kit but I also bought a set of machined aluminium caps off a member on here that literally just go over the stock stub. i undid the bolts for the radiator just to give me a little wiggle room but didn't need to remove or drain it, a little blue loctite on the grub screws and no need to touch anything else to get them on, job was a good'un. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version