Date: 19-03-24  Time: 03:21 am

Author Topic: Interesting read from Wemoto  (Read 34102 times)

Flood

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Cbr 600f 4i
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting read from Wemoto
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2019, 06:41:17 pm »
Here I see in handbook that seat height is 32.1 inch, s yet my fazer is 31.5  can anyone explain why that might be, cheers :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2019, 06:54:30 pm »
I think you need to get out more :lol .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2019, 05:15:16 pm »
Here I see in handbook that seat height is 32.1 inch, s yet my fazer is 31.5  can anyone explain why that might be, cheers :lol

Flat tyre?

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2019, 09:51:39 pm »
Bit like my 12” cock that only measures 11” with a ruler 😂😂😂

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2020, 09:12:00 am »
I know this is old, but I have had some interaction with Wemoto. For the most part the pattern parts do what they say on the tin, but this doesn't apply 100%.

I bought a complete front fork service kit (so dust/fork seals, upper/lower bush's). Due to work/personal time constraints I paid a shop in London (Leek St Bikes) to complete the rebuild of the forks. Now to be fair to them they didn't source any of the parts, but where negligent in their professional duty to let me know the action of the forks was way too stiff (they would move but stick) - their response was "they will bed in". So this response and the fact that some of the yoke pinch bolts were not tight enough, meant I wont ever use them again moving forward.

Fast forward to finding a local one-man-shop near where I live (1st Motorbike repairs), where Hayden the owner of the shop took the new forks apart and it was at this point we too measurements of the of the seals and bushes and found they didn't match the oem parts. That and we also discovered the Leeke St bikes had not 1. fully flush/cleaned out all the old fork oil and 2. hadn't filled the forks up correctly.

This isn't a rant against Wemoto, but it is a warning that I have gotten from most bike shops (and Gnasher). It is strongly recommended, that you don't fit pattern fork consumables/parts. Or if you do due, make sure you measure them before fitting. I did bring the sizing discrepancies up directly with Wemoto and while they were very helpful and gave me a full refund, they did state that they have never had an issue with any of their pattern form bushes before now. So read into that what you will.
« Last Edit: 14 April 2021, 09:03:14 am by b1k3rdude »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2020, 09:38:13 am »
Not surprising on both counts, unfortunately many stealers don't have the ability to go beyond standard servicing even that is beyond a good few, same in the car world, it's all about workshop through put and profit. 

Pattern parts are cheaper in most cases because they are made of inferior materials and to wider tolerances. Yes some are the same just repackaged and price hiked but most aren't, I would always recommend you use OE for major components such as fork and brake seals/pistons.  Bearings, chains/sprockets can often be sourced cheaper, SKF is SKF, DID is DID etc. Many of the bikes I see are where owners have done DIY using pattern parts, which fail in pretty quick time and cause even more expensive than if they'd used OE. 

Yes some pattern parts are fine, just be selective and ask yourself what if it fails :( ;)

Later