Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

New FZ6 rider (but long time FZS600 rider)

(1/4) > >>

Arfa:
Gone and picked a nice little FZ6. My small step up to beat the ULEZ whilst sticking with the Fazer's we all love.

Interesting change from the FZS600.

One question, air filter change schedule, supplied FZ6 manual suggests every 40000km - is that right?! Surely it needs some attention more often than that?

agricola:
Looks nice. The manuals say 25k miles, but you dont have to adhere to that. For example, I change oil and filters every year regardless, cos I want the bike to run at its best all the time. Plus if problems start, then you can put any association with those items to one side straight away. Really, you can set your own service schedule. Thats not a standard seat, does it have a makers name on it?

Grahamm:

--- Quote from: Arfa on 21 October 2018, 07:38:14 pm ---Gone and picked a nice little FZ6. My small step up to beat the ULEZ whilst sticking with the Fazer's we all love.
--- End quote ---

Very nice! I presume that's the S2 model (2008 onwards)? My '06 FZ6 doesn't meet the new higher emissions standards (not that I'm planning on riding into London again any time soon).

--- Quote ---One question, air filter change schedule, supplied FZ6 manual suggests every 40000km - is that right?! Surely it needs some attention more often than that?
--- End quote ---

The Haynes Manual lists the European and US recommended service intervals. For Europe it says replace the air filter every 25,000 miles (40,000km), for the US it says every 12,000 miles (20,000km)!

Frankly, take it out every year, have a look and if it's not too manky and the bike is running ok, don't worry about it :thumbup

Arfa:
Yep, S2 model, with cat etc.
Not sure about seat, will double check that. Wasn't aware it wasn't a standard one.
As for air filter, yeah will double check yearly. Has had dealer services all its life, so should
have been well looked after by the book.

Arfa:
Seat does look standard, got 4S8 code on base, other other brand names on it. It certainly isn't the most comfy, front edges dig in a little to inside of thighs after a while. Wondering if it's been cut down slightly. The hot exhausts underneath are great this time of year, but I wonder if I'm going to be after an asbestos seat next summer...

Also, the screen with the little gap at it's base - I'm sure this is the cause of some loud wind howl when at speed. Is this normal? Is this indeed the cause?

Anyways, put on some Pilot Road 5's, feels so much better now. Came with some vintage Pilot Road (ones), dated 2010 and pretty squared off. Ordered some HiFlo air/oil filters, that'll be my weekend job, plus the usual ACF50 treatment. Also picked up a Haynes book at Yammy belly pan to go on too!

Missing my Stebel Nautilus horn off my old Fazer - anyone upgraded horn on FZ6? What fits well?
Reckon I'll have to do the headlight mod too, get the right hand dipped bulk working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version