Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Wanted - Standard Gen 1 Handlebars

(1/5) > >>

Falcon 269:
Now there's a thread title you never thought you'd see ...  :lol
However, I'm asking because the Spanish MOT-equivalent test regs have changed yet again (doh!!) since May this year and it now appears that they will only test a vehicle that appears to be completely standard.  Any aftermarket parts will only be considered if you can provide EU-type approval documentation for them. 

It doesn't matter that a vehicle has previously passed import tech inspection - as was the case with my much-modded Fazer - the new regulations apply retrospectively.  My mate, Dave, was refused a test for his '04 Gen 1 this afternoon and between us we are having to acquire the parts needed to put the bikes in standard trim for the bi-annual tests. 

Mine is pretty much stock now and I have it arranged so that I can swap out the non-standard parts (indicators, end can, levers and screen) in an hour or so.  Seems I'll now have to change bars (Renthals technically aren't for road use, so no EU-type approval) which is why I need an original set to fit when the time comes around.  I will probably have to lose the R1 radial front brake master cylinder and the Armstrong wavy discs, too.  Grrrr ... bloody Spanish bureaucrats!
Anyway, back to the point, has anyone got a set of original bars they would like to sell, please?  I'll be back in the UK a couple of times before December so would be looking to have them posted to our UK address.
Cheers!
Mike

coffee:
I've got a pair for a Gen2 would they be any good to you?

ogri48:
Christ that's crazy mate!

coffee:
I've also got some std brake/clutch levers and pillion rests and brackets.

coffee:

--- Quote from: ogri48 on 15 October 2018, 08:53:13 pm ---Christ that's crazy mate!
[/quote

Why?

e]
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version