Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

I am Fazer, hear me roar.

(1/4) > >>

Falcon 269:
... well, eventually. ;)
Hi all,
It's been a while since I've posted and - confession time - even longer since I've ridden the Fazer.  Well, ridden anything apart from a golf buggy and an electric bike, to be honest. :)
 As some may recall, the Soup Dragon and I have been touring Europe for a large part of the year in our motorhome and when we've been home in Spain during the summer months, it's been just too hot to ride.  As a result, the mighty Thou has stood silent for months both this year and last. :( 

Having had to deal with blocked pilot jets after last year's lengthy lay-up, I thought this year I'd preempt that issue by draining the carbs instead.  Mistake.  It might be fine on a newer bike but on an older one like mine, leaving the carbs empty for 6 months caused the float needle seat O-rings and one float bowl gasket to completely dry out.  The motor started fine but within minutes fuel was leaking from all over the place under the carbs.  Luckily I had spare parts to hand but on balance, it would have been easier to simply clean blocked pilot jets than fix the leaks.  Lesson learned for next year.
Typically, the moment the mighty Thou fired up leak-free and ready to roll, the heavens opened and stopped play for the day. 

Oh, well ... after 6 months, I suppose another day or two won't make that much difference. :)

Cheers, all!
Mike
PS.  I have been visiting the forum regularly but hate 'typing' on a tablet, which is why I haven't posted much while we've been travelling.  I'm lurking, though ... ;)

ogri48:
good to hear from you Mike.  :) don't think you've missed much mate …. ;)

Dynspud:
No, but we've missed him  :D

old son:
Try using a additive which keeps the fuel fresh, these fuel stabilisers seem to work well. I use them in my fuel in the Lodola and the GSXR

Falcon 269:
Yes, good suggestion, mate ... fuel additives going in next time for sure. :)

I guess like all forums for older bikes, they quieter as they mature.  Still nice to know that all the old reliables are checking in, though. :)

Never really gone, just gone quite LOL! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version