Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

sprocket and stuff

(1/5) > >>

coffee:
Got around to putting on some cush drive rubbers and a gearbox sprocket,well,got as far as back wheel out and sprocket cover etc off then noted the size of the nut, 36mm ! none of my stuff came close so waiting for a socket off E/bay only £8 with p&p but thought I'd got a pretty extensive toolkit,obviously not. ;)

Andy W:
Not a size in the average socket set box that's for sure!  :eek

Def. one worth buying tho'!  :)

Millietant:
You could try some of your local little engineering supply shops. I went through eBay to find some big sockets (for my FJ gearbox sprocket for one) and they were all about the same price as you quoted, plus delivery and a couple of days wait.

I looked up local engineering/supply companies and found a couple straight away that had the bigger sockets in stock at the same price (or slightly cheaper) so I managed to get the jobs done without any delay.

Also, for a little bit more money, Halfords stock bigger sockets too - I suppose I'm just impatient so I don't like waiting for things to be delivered  :) :)

coffee:

--- Quote from: Millietant on 13 October 2018, 04:46:15 pm ---You could try some of your local little engineering supply shops. I went through eBay to find some big sockets (for my FJ gearbox sprocket for one) and they were all about the same price as you quoted, plus delivery and a couple of days wait.

I looked up local engineering/supply companies and found a couple straight away that had the bigger sockets in stock at the same price (or slightly cheaper) so I managed to get the jobs done without any delay.

Also, for a little bit more money, Halfords stock bigger sockets too - I suppose I'm just impatient so I don't like waiting for things to be delivered  :) :)

--- End quote ---
              I did phone Halfords and they wanted 13£ for the socket and I figured seeing as I don't need the bike for everyday use(I'm mainly a fair weather rider) I'd save myself a fiver and wait,I'd got to do the cush drive rubbers anyway and there's another story,I hadn't quite got them into the hub  far enough and this must have only been a few thou,do you think I could get the wheel in? no way,after thinking what I could have done I tapped the sprocket all the way around just to make sure it was home and bingo! straight in,something to remember in the future. :rolleyes

Mustang:
If you still have the toolkit there’s usually a spanner to fit the back nut. Will do if you mark where it is the start then count turns off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version