Date: 29-03-24  Time: 05:04 am

Author Topic: Adjustable rider foot pegs  (Read 906 times)

John_FJ

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FJ1200
    • View Profile
Adjustable rider foot pegs
« on: 08 October 2018, 07:52:18 pm »
Has anyone fitted adjustable rider foot pegs? having long legs I find the ride slightly cramped, I thought if I could lower the pegs slightly it may help. I was wondering if there was any problems altering the brake and gear selectors?Cheers John
"Scattered showers my arse"........ Noah

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Adjustable rider foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2018, 12:36:43 am »
I put some VARIO footrest hangers on a BMW I had and it just moves the rest up or down,forwards or back by a couple of inches max,enough for a bit more comfort and not enough to cause any problems with gearshift or braking I found.I got them from BUSTERS ,don't know how they'd be on yours, but they're pretty helpful to talk to.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2018, 11:24:56 am »
I put some Vario pegs on a Suzuki RF900 had to adjust both gear lever and rear brake to be able to use them also melted the heel on the exhaust of  my right boot. Other than that the bike was more comfortable with them fitted.

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2018, 09:06:13 pm »
A good idea as I feel the hip/knee/ankle angle is too severe compared to the upper half of the torso.
I used the Buell footpegs to drop mine down about 30mm.The gearchange was easy to re-angle, the rear brake doesn't quite have as much movement to play with. Moving it down to the furthest level possible made it feel like it wasn't fully engaging anymore.
As you're tall you could also add two inches of seat foam to further reduce the leg bend ...sadly not an option for me  :(

John_FJ

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FJ1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2018, 07:27:49 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. I have seen some adjustable pegs on Ebay that r 30mm adjustable so I may give them a try. I have recently had a seat mod and I think they took the padding out which lowered it a bit.
Cheers John
"Scattered showers my arse"........ Noah