Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:01 am

Author Topic: immobilizer woes  (Read 739 times)

Mr Juju

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
immobilizer woes
« on: 08 October 2018, 10:42:48 pm »
Hello good people,I rode my Fazer home from work, popped into a shop and when I tried to start it again it refused to play ball.No spark at plugs and immobilizer used to beep but stopped some time ago although bike was still starting ok.Was getting a build up of green corrosion (like when batteries are left in something).Can I bypass the immobilizer or get another unit for the tail piece.Is it a standard fitmit or does anyone know what make it is?links to pics below.Many thanks for your time and attention.
Sorry about earlier links this should work.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9xFkRLLU6PaxDcxLA
Pete
« Last Edit: 09 October 2018, 01:40:19 pm by Mr Juju »

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
Re: immobilizer woes
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2018, 08:12:55 am »
Can't get any of the four links to work, sorry, so can't look at the photos.
Do you want to check them yourself and re-post?
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2018, 08:34:06 am »
:agree

None of the links are working but IF if is the standard yamaha imobiliser/alarm that plugs into the white socket under the seat, you can get the bypass plug from Yamaha and just unplug the alarm/immobiliser.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2018, 10:03:08 am »
You'd ideally want to strip out the wiring that is corroded, or you'll end up with ongoing issues.
Unless you can clean it up with wire wool or something?

Immobilisers aren't too complicated to eliminate, follow the generic black wires back and you'll see it joins into the bikes wiring loom somewhere.
There will be 2 wires from the immobiliser, note the colour of the wires they are tapped into (in the bikes wiring loom), cut out the immobiliser wiring and solder the original bike wires back together.

If you want to retain an immobiliser, you'll want to note the location where the immobiliser wires tapped into, and use that same location to solder in the replacement immobiliser.

I stripped out a complete Datatool alarm system+immobiliser on my previous bike, that had badly corroded inside the Datatool control box.
It was tapped into 2 positions in the bikes wiring loom. The bike ran perfectly afterwards, with loom wires soldered back together.

Mr Juju

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2018, 01:38:44 pm »
Oops! Sorry about pics have created a album now which should work here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/9xFkRLLU6PaxDcxLA

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2018, 01:50:26 pm »
Mr Juju - That is not the standard yamaha alarm. You will need to follow the instructions given by F4celess
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again