Date: 16-04-24  Time: 13:51 pm

Author Topic: What colour is my frame?  (Read 1038 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
What colour is my frame?
« on: 26 September 2018, 12:49:17 pm »
I have the FZ6-SA 2006 registration which has some rust on the frame.
I want to clean this up and re-paint it, but the only information I can find on the colours for my bike is that it's Yamaha DNMB (diamond black) and the tank is BS4 (bluish silver)
The tank isn't the same colour as the frame (which is a more silvery silver, without the blue), so can anyone tell me what colour I need to get for this?

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: What colour is my frame?
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2018, 02:49:33 pm »
Try the Autopaint-Pro website, or the RS Paints one. If I recall, the RS one lets you enter your registration no and automatically finds the paints

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: What colour is my frame?
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2018, 02:18:26 am »
I just thought I'd update this in case anyone ever does a search and finds the original post.
Yamaha (bless their cotton socks) decided to complicate matters by having *two* different codes for the same paint!
So it's either Yamaha 0895 Silver #8 (S8) OR WB Yamaha 20211 Silver Sand and I got it from RS Paints, although it cost £16 for the paint and £12 for shipping!
They also tried to sell me Etch Primer and Clear Laquer too, but I could get the same stuff at Halfrauds for virtually half the price...

My rear footpeg hangers are now looking a lot better since I got rid of the rust and resprayed them and next spring I intend to take the forks off, put new oil in and respray them :)