Date: 19-04-24  Time: 06:37 am

Author Topic: Armadillo bike cover  (Read 1020 times)

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Armadillo bike cover
« on: 02 October 2018, 01:57:04 pm »
Hello chaps,
I was hoping for some help and/or advice.The girlfriend's grandad has given me an armadillo bike cover, one of those tent things.
He took it all apart without checking pole lengths (oo-er).There are several different lengths to the side poles, that have now been mixed up.
There are no instructions.The internet isn't too helpful, I found a video with some blokes from Fast Bikes magazine making man jokes and not showing me what I want to see (pole lengths).Has anyone got one (or similar) and can tell me the where the different poles may go?
If that makes sense.
I've sorted the front two poles on each side, but then I've got 4 long, 4 short and 2 medium poles (2 long, 2 short and 1 medium per side)...
Thank you to one and allTom

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: Armadillo bike cover
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2018, 02:19:44 pm »
Seems that everyone is trying to get one of these covers. It's just wrong I say....
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2018, 02:20:36 pm »
Would be waterproof though?  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2018, 04:00:47 pm »
Would be waterproof though?  :lol

It might not let water in but the bloody thing has shrunk  :eek

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2018, 10:48:25 pm »
I was hoping for some help and/or advice.The girlfriend's grandad has given me an armadillo bike cover, one of those tent things.
He took it all apart without checking pole lengths (oo-er).There are several different lengths to the side poles, that have now been mixed up.

Do you mean the poles that make a "fan" that go along the sides?

If you look at the video (mute the prat with the camera!) when they unbox it, it does show the poles attached to a base and you can see the lengths of them there.

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2018, 02:50:51 pm »

Do you mean the poles that make a "fan" that go along the sides?

If you look at the video (mute the prat with the camera!) when they unbox it, it does show the poles attached to a base and you can see the lengths of them there.
They're the ones! It's quite hard to see from the video (on mute) the lengths, because the bracket is curved...
I have since learned they've done it wrong anyway, they put the bracing bar at the front of the cover, whereas the instructions shown quickly during that video show the bracing bar on the back poles...
Ah well, I smushed it together and it works well enough!Thanks for taking a look thoughTom