Date: 26-04-24  Time: 15:41 pm

Author Topic: Making sliders  (Read 1230 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Making sliders
« on: 27 September 2018, 08:19:28 pm »
Decent day out at Donny Park Monday. Im 99% sure that I was the only bloke that rode his bike there and didnt have tyre warmers, but never mind, no less enjoyable. Was only when i checked the bike over next day and saw the worn footrest, then spotted that it had worn so much that it allowed the fairing to then contact the track, resulting in wearing a hole in it. Priced up OEm for the footrests, jeez, thtas just not worth it. Spotted these so gonna get 2 sets.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rider-Front-Footpeg-Assembly-Fit-For-Yamaha-FZ6-FAZER-S2-ABS-2007-2008-07-08/332691942523?hash=item4d75fc2c7b:g:sKsAAOSwCfRbKcQW

For the fairing, Ive ordered a sheet of this, and Im gonna make up some nice sliders to cover the worn areas, held on with countersunk screws and nuts, so I can change em when they wear and before they get worn through to the fairing. 5mm thick sheet

https://www.directplastics.co.uk/rg1000-sheet

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: Making sliders
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2018, 09:06:40 pm »
Could be why they're called hero blobs

Cracking effort to grind down the plastic  :lol  Any video clips ??
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2018, 12:08:05 pm »
I wish. Both cameras failed me. The one on the front caught the first 2 sessions ok, but as the pace stepped up, it started to record intermittently in bursts of a few seconds, so I ended up with more than a hundred videos of just a few seconds. The rear one packed altogether. I think it was due to vibrations on both

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2018, 08:16:22 pm »
One done, finish the other side tomorrow

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2018, 08:22:05 pm »
snapshot

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2018, 08:25:07 pm »
snapshot2

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2018, 05:25:40 am »
Nice sliders fella, should do the job  :thumbup

The last snap shot i reckon is about a 45 Deg lean - clearly not trying hard enough  :pokefun
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2018, 12:00:59 pm »
Nice sliders fella, should do the job  :thumbup

The last snap shot i reckon is about a 45 Deg lean - clearly not trying hard enough  :pokefun

Got to be careful. Its my only bike :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2018, 04:29:56 pm »
I wish. Both cameras failed me. The one on the front caught the first 2 sessions ok, but as the pace stepped up, it started to record intermittently in bursts of a few seconds, so I ended up with more than a hundred videos of just a few seconds. The rear one packed altogether. I think it was due to vibrations on both

My Go-Pro Hero 3 Silver edition did exactly the same thing 10 to 15 seconds of recording and shut down.
How I got over this issue was to Format the Micro SD Card on my computer, you will need a micro SD to SD card adaptor, most laptops have a SD card slot and quite a few desktops do as well.
If you don’t have an adaptor PM me with an address and I can put one in the post to you.
Do the full format not the quick one, (Means removing a tick from a box) also format it as exFat.
It sorted my camera out completely, I do this re-format now every 6 months or so if I am using the camera a lot, mine mostly get used in the Med under water.

PS:
Don't forget to backup all you videos and pics before you do this as the will be gone from the card forever  :'(

Just looked again and you can do the above process with the card still in the camera provided the camera is plugged into the computer, mines shows up as 'Removable Disk' in the 'My Computer' icon
« Last Edit: 01 October 2018, 04:43:30 pm by tommyardin »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2018, 08:28:21 pm »
I'll try the exfat format method Tommy, but itll probably be next spring for the next trackday (unless the sun stays out). The cameras are normally fine on the road, its just the extra vibrations caused by constant high revs that does it im sure. Thanks

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 October 2018, 08:03:54 pm »
Decent day out at Donny Park Monday. Im 99% sure that I was the only bloke that rode his bike there and didnt have tyre warmers, but never mind, no less enjoyable. Was only when i checked the bike over next day and saw the worn footrest, then spotted that it had worn so much that it allowed the fairing to then contact the track, resulting in wearing a hole in it. Priced up OEm for the footrests, jeez, thtas just not worth it. Spotted these so gonna get 2 sets.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rider-Front-Footpeg-Assembly-Fit-For-Yamaha-FZ6-FAZER-S2-ABS-2007-2008-07-08/332691942523?hash=item4d75fc2c7b:g:sKsAAOSwCfRbKcQW

For the fairing, Ive ordered a sheet of this, and Im gonna make up some nice sliders to cover the worn areas, held on with countersunk screws and nuts, so I can change em when they wear and before they get worn through to the fairing. 5mm thick sheet

https://www.directplastics.co.uk/rg1000-sheet

and here they are, 2 sets for less than £20. 2 sets for half the price of a single footpeg OEM. Not fitting any yet as Im on track again this week so would be pointless