Poll

If it was your money then which one ?

Saab
3 (60%)
Audi
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: 04 October 2018, 11:04:23 am

Author Topic: Can't decide which convertible - all advice appreciated  (Read 5039 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Can't decide which convertible - all advice appreciated
« Reply #50 on: 04 October 2018, 06:00:53 am »
Whole lotta car for the money. Good luck, hope it's what you're looking for. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04 October 2018, 09:31:53 am »
get a fixie!

You still misunderstand the concept of a " fixie "? plus on-top of that it's a CYCLE not a four wheeled automobile.
Bretty added some decent Pics in that other Thread you contributed to. Take another look. The clues are there. :)
« Last Edit: 04 October 2018, 09:32:55 am by F4celess »

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04 October 2018, 09:44:03 am »
But I have to say the best two seater I have ever owned was a Jap car 'Toyota MR2' Mk 3.
Mid engined, limited slip dif, rear wheel drive, an out right hooligan of a little car, so much fun to drive, it was like being in a scalectrixs car, Doughnuts so easy to do, you could pop the back around 90 degrees on every junction should you choose.
You had to be a bit cautious as the wheel base was not very long and it would completely break away under hard cornering putting the power down.
I loved it, but sadly put a rod through the side, as was a habit of the MR2 Mk3.
Brings a tear to my eye looking at it.   

Another lovely vehicle. Under rated. Couple of years ago you'd see these occasionally, now I see none at all...
Especially in gunmetal, looked mint, plus there was the hardtop available too. Would make for a nice weekend car.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04 October 2018, 11:33:03 am »
get a fixie!

You still misunderstand the concept of a " fixie "? plus on-top of that it's a CYCLE not a four wheeled automobile.
Bretty added some decent Pics in that other Thread you contributed to. Take another look. The clues are there. :)

Nope - understand the concept of a "fixie" and I know full well it's a cycle. I still ride every day to/around London so it's still  :wall
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 October 2018, 12:36:12 am »
just thinking when we were at school and when you had a fixie you'd take one foot out of the toe clip and go up and down on one leg which was ok 'till you did it going to fast and would you go a pisser or what ! :eek :lol
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 10 October 2018, 10:39:52 am »
Well I recently bought the new MX5 and it is brilliant. Though I concede the old style was a bit girlie, the new style ND has been butched up and its as close to a Ferrari or Aston as I will ever own.
If your pockets are deep enough, how about   https://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/%C2%A33000-discount-0-apr-new-ford-mustang-0-apr-finance-5.0-v8-gt-convertible-/1307065167
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!