Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Flat Battery Puzzle

(1/2) > >>

TOM VR46:

Saturday morning about 4am, finished work , onto bike , flat battery. So bump start. Took a couple of attempts but she started. Then two miles in journey , she just died slowly and wouldn't start . So call out and lift home. Took battery of and straight on charger with it.
Later on Saturday , checked as much of wiring as I could , didn't find anything, so battery back on,,,, and started. Charging ok, up to 14v on quick blip of throttle. Let her run and played with wiring to see if any change in meter readings. No change. Took her for short run , still no change.
So Sunday, checked battery to see if there had been any drop overnight, none , still reading 12.8v. Started and still charging ok. So off for a run, with everything on, Lights including spots, heated grips. She ran as usual and when I stopped was reading at just over 13v.
So Monday. Off to work, night driver. She sits out all night. And still charged.
My first thought was stator gone, the way she died on Saturday, but has been charging ok since that.
Any thoughts welcome as RAC might charge me if it happens again. OH might not get back on here for few days due to work.

red98:
How old is the battery ?

celticdog:
A mystery indeed! Was the bike wet due to rain or washing on Friday or Saturday? Could be the regulator playing silly buggers, worth a check.

mtread:
Bad terminal connection first time out? Now resolved by taking the battery off and putting it back on? Sometimes the answers are the simplest

TOM VR46:

Thanks for replies. First time ive posted.
Not too sure on age of battery , but had bike about 2 years now. And once again shes been out all night and still sitting at 12.8v. Shes out in all weathers , but I do use cover when parked at work.
It was weired the way she died after bump start. Its seemed like a quick discharge as by time RAC showed up, even hazards were struggling.
Well off to work and see how she goes today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version