Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Fork stanchion retained bush/valve thingy.

(1/1)

deeteefifty:
Hello, I stripped my forks down for a clean, re-seal and taffy up the paintwork. Just curious to know if the item fitted in the internal bore arrowed (not the split bush) on the photo is removable as I can't see any internal fastener and the stanchion end is swaged over. I wondered what needs to be done come the time the stanchions need renewal with aftermarket items.

bandit:

--- Quote from: deeteefifty on 15 September 2018, 08:53:33 pm ---Hello, I stripped my forks down for a clean, re-seal and taffy up the paintwork. Just curious to know if the item fitted in the internal bore arrowed (not the split bush) on the photo is removable as I can't see any internal fastener and the stanchion end is swaged over. I wondered what needs to be done come the time the stanchions need renewal with aftermarket items.

--- End quote ---

The item fitted in the internal bore marked with a arrow is not renewable. 

deeteefifty:
Thanks bandit.

tommyardin:

--- Quote from: bandit on 15 September 2018, 10:02:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: deeteefifty on 15 September 2018, 08:53:33 pm ---Hello, I stripped my forks down for a clean, re-seal and taffy up the paintwork. Just curious to know if the item fitted in the internal bore arrowed (not the split bush) on the photo is removable as I can't see any internal fastener and the stanchion end is swaged over. I wondered what needs to be done come the time the stanchions need renewal with aftermarket items.

--- End quote ---

The item fitted in the internal bore marked with a arrow is not renewable. 

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version