Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:03 pm

Author Topic: Non working right hand indicators and intermittent headlight  (Read 1124 times)

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
Non working right hand indicators and intermittent headlight
« on: 06 September 2018, 08:24:01 pm »
Just been looking at a naked 2008 FZ6 S2 up for sale near me. Got a couple of issues, one of which is electrics: right hand indicators don't work - front and back, including light on clocks, and when hazard switch is on. Left hand indicators are fine though. Headlight is apparently intermittently not working too. Sidelights fine, and dipped/main beam were fine when I checked bike out.

I'm figuring that since right indicators aren't working with either hazard lights switch on main turning switch, it's not likely to be the switchgear itself and def not bulbs. Since it affects front/back and on clocks, leads me to suspect something more in depth - loom, clocks, etc. No obvious wear on exposed loom though.

Any thoughts on what is likely to be culprit here? Any common electrical faults known on FZ6's?
What do you think? I'm currently getting cold feet and will probably walk away from it unless I can pin it to a common/simply cause.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2018, 10:14:56 pm by Arfa »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Non working right hand indicators and intermittent headlight
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2018, 09:36:56 pm »
If it's the same layout as the FZ6, look at the wires that come out along the left hand side of the tank and go up past the yokes to the instrument cluster.

There's a set of connectors there, separate them and clean up the contacts as they may well have got corroded over time.

I've had similar issues (eg right-side indicators not working, display flickering) and that's fixed them.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2018, 09:39:33 pm by Grahamm »

TCLeics

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Non working right hand indicators and intermittent headlight
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2018, 10:55:54 pm »
Think im going to use it tomorrow for work and hope for the best! The popping noise was the thing that told me something was wrong. Maybe the other engine noise was there before, just don't here it so much with helmet on...