Date: 19-04-24  Time: 01:44 am

Author Topic: R6 shock conversion kit  (Read 2608 times)

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
R6 shock conversion kit
« on: 04 September 2018, 05:20:10 pm »
have decided to sell my Fazer , so I'm removing all the various bits and pieces I have added along the way.
For sale here is a modified R6 shock with dog-bones. Bought from Luke less than 6 months ago ( look at the dog-bones...still shiny new ).
The spring paint is a bit marked and scratched ( as came from Luke ) but he said  just poor storage, shock was virtually unused. Its done less than 2,000 miles since.
Also included is the R6 lower mounting bolt. I bought this because the R6 bottom mounting fork is a different width to the Fazer unit and this bolt gives better support for the R6 shock.

Price from Luke was £275 all in, inc postage. I'm offering this for £195 inc Uk mainland postage. Be quick, grab a bargain. Payment to be by BACS please

PM me for pictures please, I cant load them onto this forum. If u want to collect to save postage, I'm near Preston Lancashire.

cheers

Loz

Old-Git

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW RT - and my Fazer
    • View Profile
Re: R6 shock conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2018, 09:22:23 am »
Guess what I just bought off luke :rolleyes GLWS

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2018, 04:06:20 pm »
oh well, unlucky for both of us.

2 bits of advice when installing the R6 shock ( you can take or leave it, it just improves the install, not absolutely essential ) :

1. Buy the R6 bottom bolt and nut. You need the nut because its an M10 on this bolt, compared to M8 on the Fazer bolt which is stepped down. I recommend the R6 bolt because its shoulder is longer to match the thicker alloy fork arms on the shock. If you use the fazer bolt, it doesn't fully support both sides of the shock fork which causes a twisting effect on the shock over time.

2. You will find that the R6 top mounting is not a wide as the fazer one. If you fit the R6 shock and torque up the mounting bolt to 40nm you risk crushing the frame mounting points together, such that you can't get the fazer shock back in if you ever want to sell the R6 shock ( guess how I know this ). I suggest you put a washer either side of the R6 top eye when you fit it ( its a very fiddly exercise but worth it )

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2018, 07:12:15 pm »
Bump...still available, open to sensible offers.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2018, 07:35:55 pm »
ive got a rebuilt fazer thou shock on mine with a hyperpro spring. Is the r6 one a big improvement on that mate? if so id be interested

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2018, 07:49:52 pm »
ive got a rebuilt fazer thou shock on mine with a hyperpro spring. Is the r6 one a big improvement on that mate? if so id be interested

You'd only know the answer to that question if you'd had a shock with a hyperpro spring!
Just saying  :rolleyes ;)

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2018, 08:08:31 pm »
Hi there, I would say 2 main benefits over my standard shock, which to be fair was past its best. First, it's a much firmer Spring, which helped a lot bearing in mind I'm not a light-weight by any stretch. Second is the fully adjustable damping, including high and low speed compression. A bit of weight reduction and nice alloy instead of  rusty steel are additional side benefits. I feel the best impact is likely either for quick sport riding or regular pillion carrying.
To be honest, my base reference is a 40000 mile standard shock , so I don't know how your reworked shock would compare.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2018, 11:05:26 pm »
fair comments fellers ta

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2018, 08:33:23 pm »
bump, still available. Make a great Christmas prezzie to yourself........ "go on, you know you want to "

Roymac

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Blackbird, buying fz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 December 2018, 03:12:30 pm »
bump, still available. Make a great Christmas prezzie to yourself........ "go on, you know you want to "
Will this bolt straight on to an 2008 fz1

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 December 2018, 07:06:16 am »
Sorry, I don't think it will fit.

lta01

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph rocket 111
    • View Profile
Re: R6 shock conversion kit for Gen 1
« Reply #11 on: 19 June 2019, 08:10:37 pm »
Bump, still got this for sale gents. First £150 gets it inc uk mainland postage, pair of Luke's dog bones and the R6 bottom shock bolt. ( read earlier in this thread for why this is needed/recommended )

cheers  Loz

PS I'm based NW England, could meet up for handover...save on postage.

Flick

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 June 2019, 08:06:30 am »
Is this still available? Can you send pics

Cheers