Date: 29-03-24  Time: 12:47 pm

Author Topic: First ride out  (Read 876 times)

Artherjob

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
First ride out
« on: 02 September 2018, 02:05:12 pm »
Just got a 2002 fazer back on the road after sitting idle in someone's garage for about four years. Took a bit of work and lots of hassle with the back brake but it's all road legal and running sweet. Love it and looking forward to many miles of fun. :)
« Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 02:05:58 pm by Artherjob »

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: First ride out
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2018, 03:56:29 pm »
Nice one! They're great bikes. What else did it take to get it back on the road?

Artherjob

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2018, 09:32:02 pm »
Yep a few other things. Engine out frame sprayed along with the wheels after taking loads of grease and sludge off. Replaced the throttle position sensor and a major service. Struggled to get the back caliper freed so reconditioned another and had to replace the master cylinder. Fork seals and MOT. It was all good fun (well mostly)

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2018, 09:19:43 pm »
Sounds like a pretty big job bud. I had to replace my cam chain last spring. If I had a lift and the knowledge I would've done an endless chain but in the end I settled for a split link and top end kinda job. Bike flies like s**t off a shovel and idles like a kitten so I can't complain.

This was the biggest engine job I had ever attempted so I had a hundred questions for the old salty dogs on here and I got a concise reply every time. You obviously had some prior experience. Well done mate, enjoy the bike. Post some vids/pics if you can.

Artherjob

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2018, 04:52:37 am »
Think it might need a bit of tweaking as not sure if it's under powered. First bike I've had for a few years and my last few bikes were supersports. Still shifts along though.