Date: 29-03-24  Time: 15:54 pm

Author Topic: The life of my fazer has changed...  (Read 1935 times)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
The life of my fazer has changed...
« on: 30 August 2018, 10:53:56 pm »
I bought my fazer in 2005 brand new and within 2000 miles had the full monty fitted by Mike. I have fitted r6 shock, 2008 R1 front end and lot's of other accessories over the years. The bike has been amazing.... But times are changing and modern bikes are now, very advanced. I used to ride my Fazer and think it was top level handling and motor. It still is in many respects, but for a hooligan ride out at the weekend it's not doing it for me as much as my other bike, so now it has a new role... I am actually doing more miles on it because of this! It now is my all round travel bike/ winter bike. I have taken it to orkney isles, western isles and everywhere in between and it has been faultless apart from the alarm :\  I still love it. Never to be sold.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2018, 10:57:39 pm by nickodemon »
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Old-Git

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW RT - and my Fazer
    • View Profile
Re: The life of my fazer has changed...
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2018, 08:56:41 am »
Looks good. What's involved in a R1 USD front end swap please? Considering either this or a front fork rebuild / damper revalve. Ta.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2018, 09:05:10 am »
It was years ago I fitted the front end... the top yoke is made by lsl , the bottom yoke is from a 2003 r1.  I had the steering stem made to suit the yokes by a guy on American fazer site.  I then had to buy bearings from bike bearings in England to suit the steering stem and diameter of steering column. I will try and find any paperwork I have and list it.

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2018, 05:16:19 pm »
I can't quite work out if you other bike is an RSV4 or Tuono with an RSV4 tail, I had to sell my Tuono V4 as I needed the money and bought my 2002 Fazer, the Tuono was a hooligan machine loved it, hopefully this time next year I shall go back to one. :)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2018, 05:59:44 pm »
It's a factory 2017 Tuono 1100 v4. The factory model comes as a single seater. My old 1000 v4 I had to fit the rsv4 tailpiece..
« Last Edit: 07 September 2018, 06:03:01 pm by nickodemon »

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2018, 06:40:20 pm »
It's a factory 2017 Tuono 1100 v4. The factory model comes as a single seater. My old 1000 v4 I had to fit the rsv4 tailpiece..

Totally envious mate, hope to be back on one next year, can you remember where you got the decals for you Fazer from that you have on the nose cone etc. please?

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2018, 09:06:22 pm »
Motografix do the decals

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2018, 10:59:28 pm »
Looks good. What's involved in a R1 USD front end swap please? Considering either this or a front fork rebuild / damper revalve. Ta.
There’s a fz1 forum with all the info from Mike on doing the R1 front end conversion, I did mine a year or so ago, the hardest part was trying to find someone to make up the spacers for the R1 yokes..... worth doing though, it’s transformed the way the bike looks and handles.

ptolemyx

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Busa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2018, 08:48:38 am »
You can get custom yokes made for a direct swap......if you've the money........I got mine to fit Busa front on the old FZS1000, excellent quality and top yoke extra wide to allow me to drop the shorter USD forks for a stockish ride height:-

https://www.billetbikebits.com/

when in doubt go flat out

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2018, 11:37:51 pm »
You can get custom yokes made for a direct swap......if you've the money........I got mine to fit Busa front on the old FZS1000, excellent quality and top yoke extra wide to allow me to drop the shorter USD forks for a stockish ride height:-

https://www.billetbikebits.com/

Got any more pics?
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.