Date: 24-04-24  Time: 18:55 pm

Author Topic: Refurbed & upgraded FZS 1000 rear shock for sale  (Read 666 times)

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
Refurbed & upgraded FZS 1000 rear shock for sale
« on: 27 August 2018, 11:46:11 am »
Here for sale is a standard Gen 1 rear shock absorber that was overhauled & rebuilt approx 5 years ago.
It's sat all wrapped up in a box in my garage all that time as I did Devilsyam's R6 shock mod when I bought the bike about 4 years ago.
I was new to Fazers back then and didn't realise what was already on the bike and, taking much of the good advice available on this site decided to "upgrade" what I thought was a standard shock to the R6 one.

I believe everything was done by MCT Suspension (sticker on the shock) and the spring replaced with a K-Tech 55-175-90 one, which I think is for a YZF-R1 looking at their parts catalogue but I don't really know what the numbers mean.
I think the first two are the part number and the 90 is the spring rate (90 N).

It's in really good nick with a small amount of surface rust on the preload adjuster and outer body of the shock absorber and a small amount of damage to the rubber bump stop.
All the working parts are like nearly new.
It also comes with the standard dog bones I took off when doing the R6 mod.

Anyway, check out the photos and see what you think.

I'm asking £125 for it plus postage, which I'm not sure how much that costs as I've never sold anything like this before!!

Hopefully will go to a good home and a Foccer who is looking for an upgrade to their standard shock.
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
Re: Refurbed & upgraded FZS 1000 rear shock for sale
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2018, 11:46:58 am »
More pics
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin