Date: 23-04-24  Time: 18:42 pm

Author Topic: Hel brake lines  (Read 942 times)

Triggergee

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600
    • View Profile
Hel brake lines
« on: 27 July 2018, 09:15:41 pm »
does anyone know what length front lines I'd need when the bikes fitted with Renthal 755 bars?

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Hel brake lines
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2018, 08:14:31 am »
Sorry - No, I think most of us here with Renthals have gone with the 758 bars which can use the existing lines, the 755 bars are a bit taller so may need longer lines. I've previously posted the dimensions of Renthals here which may help you measure up to see, also someone in that post mentions they have 755 bars but did not mention anything about needing longer lines, unfortunately I'm not sure if they are still on the forum to ask.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2018, 08:17:31 am by PieEater »

Triggergee

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2018, 11:24:42 am »
Thanks pieeater

I've contacted hel so hopefully they'll get back to me. The lines on the bike now which aren't hel but are aftermarket full length aren't quite long enough to be able to position the brake where I want it on the 755 but as I've already had the bars tapped and fitted I'll stick with them. Bit of an oh bugger moment when I realised the lines weren't long enough lol

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2018, 12:50:14 pm »
That's a shame though don't forget you should get a 25% discount from HEL if you say you are a member of the Fazer forums.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2018, 01:16:05 pm »
Just use either some electrical wire or even just some string, tie it around the master cylinder then run it through the front of the bike, down to the caliper and cut it. Then you'll be able to measure that bit of string/wire and known exactly how long you'll need and be able to ask HEL to make you custom ones.
Just make sure you run it the same route as the original hoses and factor in turning the bars from full lock to full lock etc

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2018, 01:20:38 pm »
I used standard length.

Triggergee

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2018, 02:02:35 pm »
Thanks guys, I'll run a piece of wire down as suggested and also see what hel say if they do get back to me. Perhaps what ever make the currently lines are do theirs shorter than hel. Mick-H if you found the hel lines to fit well as they come perhaps I could just order, did you mention you had 755 bars on when you bought the lines? Really beautiful bike by the way! Mine is the same colours and yours is pretty much what I want to get mine like although I don't think I can put as much money into it as you, saying that I've only owned the bike for a couple weeks and already spent a grand on it  :lol

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2018, 03:33:16 pm »
Yup 755 and Hel lines, no probs.
Just remembered may have cut the bars down an inch as they're wider than stock.

Triggergee

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2018, 07:00:29 pm »
Hel got back to me and said they don't have info on these bars so I should mesure the length needed and tell them which is fair enough. Thought they might have a database but that's not the case.

I had a fiddle today and lowered the bike down the forks by 9mm. I've noticed as I've got two fazer1000's one with the R6 shock mod and one without that side by side the stock bike rides a bit higher at the back end so once I swap the shock over to the R6 one that will lower the back and probably give me similar geometry to what I had before dropping the 9mm on the front.

I also moved the throttle in by a mm or two and left a mm or two gap between the brake and the throttle and this seems to've given me enough slack to not need new lines thank foc!