Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Engine dying at 7500ish rpm...

(1/4) > >>

ogri48:
it's a strange one. Thought I had a busted exup cable, but they are fine. The bike ( 04 fazer thou, well maintained, 37k) runs like a peach and pulls like that geordie feller Adam on "love island", but gets to 7500 rpm and it loses power and bogs, change up and it's back on song until it hits 7500 again..
I'm guessing it's got to be electrics or fuel, but it's just really odd because it's faultless until it hits those revs, even two up and loaded. It ain't been serviced since early last winter ( about 3000 miles back) as I picked up aa nekkid cb1300 at the start of summer and I've been useing that a lot, but I'll order a full service kit off eBay this week and get it done then try it see if it's any better. Anybody else ever had this? Ecu failing? Exup servo playing silly buggers? Damned if I know..😬😬😬

unfazed:
when was the Air filter changed last?

ogri48:
Never in my two year ownership...😬😬last service I just did plugs, oil and oil filter. I think it's ivanised and it's running a race can, but I'm not sure if it's a standard air filter or k and n or similar. I'll change it out this week mate..or clean it if it's a k and n

ogri48:
I did notice it's heavier on fuel than it was. Best I check the air filter pronto.
Oh deary me, I may have made a terrible schoolboy error..😖😖😖

ogri48:
It don't look too drastic, but it's deffo dirty. I'll order a full service kit tomorrow, I guess that's the only way to find out ( aside from taking it out with no filter..bugger that..) think I'll go the gen Yamaha filters route, £120 with oil and plugs but you do get a new sump bolt washer..😉😊

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version