Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

R1 / R6 Front Master Cylinder

(1/2) > >>

kebab19:
Fairly sure it's been covered before but I just wanted to say that I've recently changed out the front brake master cylinder and the difference is substantial.
Horrified by the price of Brembo aftermarket units, I fitted a 16mm R1 radial master cylinder from the 2004-06 model. I believe the R6 master cylinder from 2008 onwards are virtually the same and are also a relatively straight fit. Costs around the ton and worth considering if your bike is soon due for a master cylinder rebuild / refurb.
Braking is always a subjective thing but I have to say that there's a lot less effort required to build stopping power towards max....yet somehow the sensitivity is still there, certainly enough to avoid overloading the forks / locking the front up.

Recommended!
Pics to follow

5LV:
Did it about 3 years ago. No5 on my list of top mods.

Mustang:
Does it hit the fairing on full lock ?

nickodemon:

--- Quote from: kebab19 on 09 July 2018, 06:47:42 pm ---Fairly sure it's been covered before but I just wanted to say that I've recently changed out the front brake master cylinder and the difference is substantial.
Horrified by the price of Brembo aftermarket units, I fitted a 16mm R1 radial master cylinder from the 2004-06 model. I believe the R6 master cylinder from 2008 onwards are virtually the same and are also a relatively straight fit. Costs around the ton and worth considering if your bike is soon due for a master cylinder rebuild / refurb.
Braking is always a subjective thing but I have to say that there's a lot less effort required to build stopping power towards max....yet somehow the sensitivity is still there, certainly enough to avoid overloading the forks / locking the front up.

Recommended!
Pics to follow

--- End quote ---

Is it the r1 5vy model ? Do you have pics to show it mounted?

kebab19:
Yes, the 5VY master cylinder, 2004-06.
Have pics but need a new image hosting site since Photobucket started charging!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version