Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:24 am

Author Topic: Numpty exup question..  (Read 1023 times)

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
Numpty exup question..
« on: 08 July 2018, 10:21:58 am »
Took exup cables off bike as part of a major re-furb... Thinking I'd remember where everything went when I put it back together...

Does the 'silver' cable at the top of the pulley on the exhaust go to the top of the servo motor wheel?

That's right isn't it? The 'black' cable at the bottom of the pulley routes to the bottom of the servo wheel...?

And... When the switch the ignition on should the servo go through a push and pull cycle? Mine seems only to pull the top ('silver') cable - there's no 7k error on the clocks..

And can someone tell me why, after 10 years of ownership, I seem to have forgotten all this... Haahaa!

Cheers,
Steve
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

ram

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Numpty exup question..
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2018, 11:41:31 am »
« Last Edit: 08 July 2018, 06:54:49 pm by ram »

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2018, 05:40:43 pm »
..doesn't appear to mention where the cables go on the servo motor - but I assume the 'silver' on the top of the pulley also goes at the top on the servo?
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

ram

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2018, 06:56:15 pm »
..doesn't appear to mention where the cables go on the servo motor - but I assume the 'silver' on the top of the pulley also goes at the top on the servo?
it shows you on the 4th pic down left hand pic

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2018, 10:54:12 am »
Hopefully the pic has up loaded...

Hi All,
Struggling with my exup - i had to take it all apart (including taking the servo out) and, when I reassembled it I cant seem to get the valve ti line up. The top (silver) cable is as extended as it will go, the lower (black) cable is short (if I open the adjuster any further it comes apart...). Top (silver cable goes over the top of the servo wheel, bottom (black) goes under. All cables and cable sleeves seated and routed correctly etc.

Any help gratefully received...
« Last Edit: 26 July 2018, 10:54:47 am by steeeve66 »

Steven Wright

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2018, 06:01:35 pm »
Cables are the same length but will only go on one way correctly.
The pulley is located correctly in the picture as we have often seen it in reverse.. Remove the pulley remove the cables from it. Screw the adjusters fully home.  Swap the cables over in the bracket to see if they locate better.

Were the cables ever changed?
Check the markings.
The early Slinky Glide one had the adjusters too short and could run out of adjustment.
However shops like WeMoto (where I bought mine) changed them free of charge and this was after 3 years

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2018, 02:55:50 pm »
All this time running a Gen1 Fazer and I didn't know the exup cables were same length... I'd just always assumed one was longer than the other.  :rolleyes

Swapped them at the valve, all good now.

Many thanks!

Steven Wright