Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Strange and intermittent electrical problem

<< < (2/3) > >>

darrsi:

--- Quote from: Spiffle on 20 June 2018, 09:11:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hugh Mungus on 20 June 2018, 08:52:41 pm ---It may be one somewhere near the headstock. I've not checked out the Fazers wiring yet but I had similar problems with an FJ1200.

--- End quote ---
Now that you mentioned it, the bike has been cutting out at full left lock sometimes, and it wasn't the running switch causing it when I checked.

--- End quote ---

That's actually a good bit of info, start by looking at whatever touches the frame on full lock, with any luck it's visible rather than being inside a loom.

Hugh Mungus:
That's a very good bit of info and it is certainly the first area to be looking at. Also check further down the loom as the steering may be pulling the loom upwards and shorting it out on the frame further away from the headstock.

BBROWN1664:
It might not be shorting when turning. It might be "breaking" when turning too

Spiffle:

--- Quote from: BBROWN1664 on 22 June 2018, 11:08:59 am ---It might not be shorting when turning. It might be "breaking" when turning too

--- End quote ---
It hasn't happened again since I wiggled and reconnected the cables I could find, cleaning out dust etc. But the 8k+ trouble has become worse at times, especially if I go full throttle through the gears it just plutters and foccs around above 8-9k.
New filters are on it's way (air and fuel), new regulator (ebay ftw) and a carb repair kit ought to do the trick.

A milestone - I've now spent over half the initial price on upgrades and replacement parts  :lol

celticdog:

--- Quote from: Spiffle on 25 June 2018, 07:51:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: BBROWN1664 on 22 June 2018, 11:08:59 am ---It might not be shorting when turning. It might be "breaking" when turning too

--- End quote ---
It hasn't happened again since I wiggled and reconnected the cables I could find, cleaning out dust etc. But the 8k+ trouble has become worse at times, especially if I go full throttle through the gears it just plutters and foccs around above 8-9k.
New filters are on it's way (air and fuel), new regulator (ebay ftw) and a carb repair kit ought to do the trick.

A milestone - I've now spent over half the initial price on upgrades and replacement parts  :lol

--- End quote ---

:rollin that's about right, you need deep pockets to keep a 15 year old on the road.  :)  The 8k+ trouble could be a vac leak if she's running lean, have a look at the condition of the carb rubbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version