Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Strange and intermittent electrical problem

<< < (3/3)

Spiffle:

--- Quote from: celticdog on 25 June 2018, 08:50:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Spiffle on 25 June 2018, 07:51:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: BBROWN1664 on 22 June 2018, 11:08:59 am ---It might not be shorting when turning. It might be "breaking" when turning too

--- End quote ---
It hasn't happened again since I wiggled and reconnected the cables I could find, cleaning out dust etc. But the 8k+ trouble has become worse at times, especially if I go full throttle through the gears it just plutters and foccs around above 8-9k.
New filters are on it's way (air and fuel), new regulator (ebay ftw) and a carb repair kit ought to do the trick.

A milestone - I've now spent over half the initial price on upgrades and replacement parts  :lol

--- End quote ---

:rollin that's about right, you need deep pockets to keep a 15 year old on the road.  :)  The 8k+ trouble could be a vac leak if she's running lean, have a look at the condition of the carb rubbers.

--- End quote ---

Initial price was just shy of 1600 eur, 32.000km on the clock. But I think it's been converted to 'sport' somewhere along the road, had low bars, smaller windscreen and adjusted rear-brake and gear levers, which I had to adjust after the Renthal 754(?) came on. Does anyone know the stock length of the doglegs? I'm no heavyweight and the spring is at 3/4 hard adjustment. Anyone able to make an internet opinion on if the arse is high? https://i.imgur.com/AiRFhal.jpg

It's booked for a major service, have to do forks and front bearings, it's not great while braking, vibrations etc. New pads, went GG because they adapt to the worn disks - later on those have to be replaced, after this set of pads. They'll flush the tank and service the carbs at the same time.

Landed on the DID X ring gold and black, about €125 for a kit with JT sprockets. The current ones might well be original from the sound and looks, but at least the front nut and lock has been changed. Got a new one for that too.

Since the shocks have being serviced, I'll be going for 15w instead of 10w - has anyone found this to be uncomfortable? Roads here range from good to scattered spots of asphalt with some gravel on, so while i want to get rid of the ridiculous nosedive while braking maybe mixing to 12,5 would fit better?

darrsi:

--- Quote from: Spiffle on 26 June 2018, 12:08:11 am ---
--- Quote from: celticdog on 25 June 2018, 08:50:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Spiffle on 25 June 2018, 07:51:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: BBROWN1664 on 22 June 2018, 11:08:59 am ---It might not be shorting when turning. It might be "breaking" when turning too

--- End quote ---
It hasn't happened again since I wiggled and reconnected the cables I could find, cleaning out dust etc. But the 8k+ trouble has become worse at times, especially if I go full throttle through the gears it just plutters and foccs around above 8-9k.
New filters are on it's way (air and fuel), new regulator (ebay ftw) and a carb repair kit ought to do the trick.

A milestone - I've now spent over half the initial price on upgrades and replacement parts  :lol

--- End quote ---

:rollin that's about right, you need deep pockets to keep a 15 year old on the road.  :)  The 8k+ trouble could be a vac leak if she's running lean, have a look at the condition of the carb rubbers.

--- End quote ---

Initial price was just shy of 1600 eur, 32.000km on the clock. But I think it's been converted to 'sport' somewhere along the road, had low bars, smaller windscreen and adjusted rear-brake and gear levers, which I had to adjust after the Renthal 754(?) came on. Does anyone know the stock length of the doglegs? I'm no heavyweight and the spring is at 3/4 hard adjustment. Anyone able to make an internet opinion on if the arse is high? https://i.imgur.com/AiRFhal.jpg

It's booked for a major service, have to do forks and front bearings, it's not great while braking, vibrations etc. New pads, went GG because they adapt to the worn disks - later on those have to be replaced, after this set of pads. They'll flush the tank and service the carbs at the same time.

Landed on the DID X ring gold and black, about €125 for a kit with JT sprockets. The current ones might well be original from the sound and looks, but at least the front nut and lock has been changed. Got a new one for that too.

Since the shocks have being serviced, I'll be going for 15w instead of 10w - has anyone found this to be uncomfortable? Roads here range from good to scattered spots of asphalt with some gravel on, so while i want to get rid of the ridiculous nosedive while braking maybe mixing to 12,5 would fit better?

--- End quote ---

Go with the 15w, I found it to be a big improvement as far as handling is concerned.

Spiffle:
An update!
Replaced the regulator, air and fuel filter - that did the trick! Rectifier was the main culprit.

Someone had also used KN clean+oil (16 gallons or so) on the airfilter that was installed, leaving sticky gunk in the airbox and inlets - probably also crapped down the carbs.
Carbs will be treated to 4x this: https://www.sklepmotocyklowy.pl/pl/produkt,19098,zestaw-naprawczy-gaznika.html and a balancing late July.

Plus the 15w oil, new front bearings and chain+sprockets :)

I can recommend https://www.ebay.com/usr/motorcycle_recycle?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754 for rectifiers, that store delivered in 5 days from Poland to Malta at a good price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version